ASC Chilly Cookoff - Dwight area Sat 25th!

rockerdan

Hey gang....

This Saturday January 25th is the ASC Chili cookoff!   I have gone in the past and its alot of fun, right on the main trail and close to Dwight where there is fuel and several restaurants/pubs to stop later.  

According the the ASC site it gets going around 11am, and I believe in the past does not go too late, so best to get there and try some chili before 2 or 3pm probably latest is my guess.

I am thinking If i can get everyone in my group together maybe heading up there earlyish and stopping there for lunch before a nice day of riding.

The exact location is on d101b between trail 74 and 65(shelter) . Its much closer to trail 74 ,  just east of McCann Lake(zoom in on guide) if memory serves.

Any other OC riders think they might be in this area?  Post up here and maybe an approx time you might be around.  

BTW its directly on the main trail(d101b) so you cannot miss it!   Just keep riding till you see all the sleds parked alongside.

INFO FROM ASC SITE:

Chilli Cook Off

Come join us at the Shelter on trail d101B for some of the best Chili around  - starting at 11am.  Be daring and enter your own creation – Call Sue Grant at ( 705) 635-2241 to enter your Chili.

ASC site:

http://www.algonquin-sc.on.ca/asc%20events.html

Also checkout out the latest Kawagama TV report for more local conditions:

Dan

I will be there around between noon and 1pm..looking forward to meeting some of you guys..

Nunz

I will be there around between noon and 1pm..looking forward to meeting some of you guys..

Nunz

Ill aim to be there too....maybe after hanging there abit could ride down to dorset, then back home on lakes is fast later.  Will see who all in my group will be heading out sat.

Dan

lol. No.

I will have two kids with me. One can go more than 40km/hr but the other has trouble. So it would be way too long of a run around LOB

Good idea be kind to your children it is they who will choose your nursing home

That's so true Bill

Hi Dan. A section of the d101b north of Dorset is closed for logging operations. We took trail 65 as a detour around the closed section. I'm not sure when this section will be opening up again. Hopefully before this weekend.

Hi Dan. A section of the d101b north of Dorset is closed for logging operations. We took trail 65 as a detour around the closed section. I'm not sure when this section will be opening up again. Hopefully before this weekend.

Leaf, 

This section of d101b is actually  listed as limited. However, it is only limited on weekends (I believe) as loggers resume their work throughout the week and allow sledders to go through sat and sunday. 

Ahhh ok. That makes sense Arron. I knew you would have the correct info. The d101b is groomed to perfection, as is trail 65. Thank you asc

Ahhh ok. That makes sense Arron. I knew you would have the correct info. The d101b is groomed to perfection, as is trail 65. Thank you asc

Hi,you wrote Arron, its Aaron (no big deal the double a usually throws ppl off). Glad to hear about d101b and 65 When i rode it on sat asc's part of 65 was rough as they had groomer issues that were resolved sunday.

Sorry Aaron. 65 was mint today. I'm glad the groomer is fixed

Sorry Aaron. 65 was mint today. I'm glad the groomer is fixed

No worries. Enjoy your next couple of days in the area. If you have any questions feel free to pm me

I hope to be to the chili cookoff by 11am-Noon at latest....

Hope others can join us, will most likely head toward dorset around noon to 1pm, on d101b and maybe head over to little Hawk resort for dinner.

If you see my orange 800 etec say hi!

Dan

I made a map, follow the red dots if coming from the southwest....

from dorset just come up d101b

Dan

post-23178-0-08496700-1390660253_thumb.jpg

Had a great time at the chili cookoff this year, Props go out to ASC for doing a wonderful job at the shelter, We had 12 entries to taste and choose our favorite, and then for only a toonie we got a big bowl of piping hot chili with a nice big roll, talk about a bargain, i was half full after tasting all 12!!    

Nice work ASC!!!   Was great to meet and talk with so many old and new friends.....trails were wonderful all afternoon even with the huge amount of traffic.  

A few pics....

Dan

post-23178-0-59242600-1390700249_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-21678200-1390700258_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-60666200-1390700267_thumb.jpg

Looks like some genuine fun. I love chili cookoffs. (I entered one about seven years ago and came in last. I like chili with cheese, so blue cheese would  be a nice twist, right? No.)

If it hadn't been for Snowcrest's pancakes and my daughter's birthday party, the cook off would have been a great excuse to try the LOB route.

That's great news Dan. I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks asc and all the volunteers for organizing the event.

Archived