OFSC HEAD OFFICE SHOULD CLOSE ALL TRAILS THIS WEEKEND!

aar0n

I think that there are clubs in marginal snow area's that should consider closing based on the weather reports. We had brown showing through the trails last Sunday and with the diligent work of the groomers, the trails last night were looking pretty good. It is +3 C. right now with thick fog and yet all kinds of sleds out givin'er as they get across the road crossing. It is a best guess decision to close or not but conservative measures now might mean we still have some base by Monday. If the sleds keep rippin'er up tonight I'm afraid we will be closed for some time after the rain if it comes. On the otherhand................

I think that there are clubs in marginal snow area's that should consider closing based on the weather reports. We had brown showing through the trails last Sunday and with the diligent work of the groomers, the trails last night were looking pretty good. It is +3 C. right now with thick fog and yet all kinds of sleds out givin'er as they get across the road crossing. It is a best guess decision to close or not but conservative measures now might mean we still have some base by Monday. If the sleds keep rippin'er up tonight I'm afraid we will be closed for some time after the rain if it comes. On the otherhand................

at least 1 has. Over 100cm in muskoka and trails closed for a day because of too much snow!

Paudash has closed their trails. 

Closing trails is not easy. If it was just as simple as  entering it in the computor it would be done. However really if you are going to close trails you should post trail closed signs at every entrance .

Closing trails is not easy. If it was just as simple as  entering it in the computor it would be done. However really if you are going to close trails you should post trail closed signs at every entrance .

very true

I WISH MSR WOULD TOO!!

its only +2 in Dorset with nearly a meter of snow on the ground.

But from your house in Toronto, with all that experience, you think the trails should be closed. Rrrrright

Settle down Aaron, trails will be great for your next ride.

+6 and pouring here just North of Newmarket. just under a foot left

Light rain here all day, foggy and +4*. I heard a couple of sleds braaping around down the street from the house. I wonder what moron would think that today would be a great day to go riding?

Maybe they're on a RAP tour & have a room booked tonight that they can't cancel?  :sarcasm_on-1:

+4 and light rain all day here in Carnarvon. Still lots of snow, couple of feet, but sure is slushy under it. 

its only +2 in Dorset with nearly a meter of snow on the ground.

But from your house in Toronto, with all that experience, you think the trails should be closed. Rrrrright

Settle down Aaron, trails will be great for your next ride.

What house in Toronto?

Kind of a light drizzle in Parry Sound North West. Tons of snow since I last visited before New Year's. Good day to clear the roof. I am lucky ms. slomo really likes snowshoeing ....our wood pile is some distance from the building and the driveway (people kept backing in and helping themselves) and snow is deep.

My home weather station shows a high today of +8c and 17mm of rain... And long range shows above zero until Thursday :(

This just in on the noon KRUZ news "The OFSC is asking sledders to stay off the trail during the mild weather to prevent damage to the trails." 

This should've been broadcast on Thursday or Friday!

This just in on the noon KRUZ news "The OFSC is asking sledders to stay off the trail during the mild weather to prevent damage to the trails."

This should've been broadcast on Thursday or Friday!

this makes me quite upset and annoyed. Like I said when I started this post, they should have closed the trails. Not the ofs but indivdual clubs or even better districts.

Archived