What do you do to support your sledding addiction

Muskoka Man

Yamaha//

right?

no no if I was gonna fix sleds for a living it would be arctic cat. Can't make.much changing sliders on yammys

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no no if I was gonna fix sleds for a living it would be arctic cat. Can't make.much changing sliders on yammys

lol,too funny,yes sliders are all ive ever fixed on my yamee,bulletproof machines,will never go back after going yamee,sled more,fix way less...cheers

• 10 months later...

Unemployed! Looking for a part time job! Preferably summer only!

try and send my wife out to work... she has this crazy idea that she can be retired now....

try and send my wife out to work....

I tried that with my ex-wife about 8 years ago. And that's why she is my ex-wife. Found a job and a new man to pay for things at the sametime. So I bought a new motorcycle and a seld... I think I got the better deal...

I tried that with my ex-wife about 8 years ago. And that's why she is my ex-wife. Found a job and a new man to pay for things at the sametime. So I bought a new motorcycle and a seld... I think I got the better deal...

My wife was given a package back in July as part of a restructure... she likes freedom 55 and I told her she could have it if she gave up her horse and her truck.... she isn't buying into that program so she needs to go back to work at some point and seems to be reluctantly accepting it. Me... I'm stupid. I like what I do and enjoy going to work. I am not mentally ready to retire and can see myself going until I hit 70. My plan is to re-evaluate myself at 60, 65 and 70.

Heck we have one volunteer with the club who is supposed to be retired. He does so much I told him if he represents what retirement is like, I'll keep working.

I'm looking forward to freedom 105!

I work for a recycling/garbage company as a mechanic.

There has to be a better way to make a living!

I work for a recycling/garbage company as a mechanic.

There has to be a better way to make a living!

wow... you must really like your job to want to work until 105

I've always said I was working on Freedom 95. I guess I'll have to wait 10 extra years to sled with you through the week.

My wife was given a package back in July as part of a restructure... she likes freedom 55 and I told her she could have it if she gave up her horse and her truck.... she isn't buying into that program so she needs to go back to work at some point and seems to be reluctantly accepting it. Me... I'm stupid. I like what I do and enjoy going to work. I am not mentally ready to retire and can see myself going until I hit 70. My plan is to re-evaluate myself at 60, 65 and 70.

Heck we have one volunteer with the club who is supposed to be retired. He does so much I told him if he represents what retirement is like, I'll keep working.

Yukon?

Yukon?

No.. Yukon does a lot for the club and I have no idea how he does it, he  puts the energizer bunny to shame but Bud Knowles is allegedly retired from the working world and he seems to be constantly doing work for the club. I am sure we wouldn't have our groomer building up today if not for all he has done.

No.. Yukon does a lot for the club and I have no idea how he does it, he  puts the energizer bunny to shame but Bud Knowles is allegedly retired from the working world and he seems to be constantly doing work for the club. I am sure we wouldn't have our groomer building up today if not for all he has done.

Bud is a good guy agreed 

wow... you must really like your job to want to work until 105

LOL! Can't afford to quit!

I retired early but my theory was I'd rather retire early and live to regret it then retire late and die regretting it. Its a big change and there is less money but the lack of politics that was the working environment has reduced my stress levels to a minimum!

I retired early but my theory was I'd rather retire early and live to regret it then retire late and die regretting it. Its a big change and there is less money but the lack of politics that was the working environment has reduced my stress levels to a minimum!

Everyone is different and you obviously made the right choice for your Congrats. I have lost touch with him but knew a person who worked in corp. banking on Bay St... made huge $'s but worked long hours for it. He woke up one day and made a change for quality of life when he realized he was missing his kids growing up and so much more. Traded it in to work as a Provincial Park Superintendent in the summer months and at a local ski resort in the winter months and a lot less money. Asked if he would go back to the old life... when hell freezes over. He does his paperwork under a pine tree in the summer, goes to his lakefront home at the end of the day for a swim with his kids and dog.

I use my line of credit...isn't that what its for?

:lmao:

Spend 10 months paying off two months of fun. :icon_snow:  :cheers:

Small Engine mechanic.  Previously Auto mech, Truck & Coach (interprovincial certified), Heavy Equipment.   It's the least paying of all the jobs, but the funnest & easiest on my worn out corpse.  My herniated disc reminds me every day of how not to work.

Wife works part time at the schools, it's a big help.  She was helping out lots when the Dodge shop was cutting back my hours due to lack of work.

Archived