What do you do to support your sledding addiction

Muskoka Man

I was outside changing a tire on the sled trailer this morning, then it started to rain heavy.  I dropped the wrenches, came back in the house and put on another pot of coffee.  No snowmobiling today.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is white and sleeps 6 ?......................... Ontario Hydro truck 

lol...no miles on truck but motor wore out from idling

i was in havelock today, seen a few people hauling there sleds around. no snow though

Showing them off??? :lol:

this was I believe one of those compact florescent bulbs - looks like the curly pig tail

florescent bulbs contain mercury so you're not supposed to just toss them in the recycle

then when you save energy and demand goes down they increase the rates to make up for lost revenue

I gave all of my Cfl's away. Bought a whole pile of high quality leds from the us for a great price. May as well save what you can, since they will jack up power rates anway's.

Blows my mind these hydro bills and still we elect fiberals

Hydro is cheap, its the delivery cost that gets ya (thank you Mike Harris)... My delivery cost is $0.03 kw.. One of the guys at work, lives in BF nowhere last house on a 2km dead end dirt road just off the 115 around hwy 28. His delivery is is $0.13kw.. More than the actually cost of the power. 

I had to teenage girls plus the wife, central air set at 70 and a hot tub running this summer, in a 2 story 2600+sq foot house with 2 TVs that never seemed to turned off, even when no one was watching. And my power bill never broke $160 a month. 

those energy saving lights are useless.... I tried one of those in the lamp at the chair I go to for reading. It seems it has to warm up until it gets to full brightness.

CF bulbs take 90 sec - 4 minutes to come to full power depending on the size of the glass coil and air temperature they are running in, has something to do with the way the gas separates in the glass coil.    

I think the liberals got back in simply because the conservatives went with a platform on firing 100,000 government workers.

One of the stupidest campaigns I have ever heard of.

Bingo, had Timmy boy just sat back, pointed figures and shut-up he would have won by a landslide.

I gave all of my Cfl's away. Bought a whole pile of high quality leds from the us for a great price. May as well save what you can, since they will jack up power rates anway's.

I did that in my basement I'm in the middle of finishing. Put 3 inch pot lights in and swapped out the GU10 heat lamps that come in them with a LED bulb, $15 a bulb but basically last for ever and are only 1.6 watts or something like that and just as bright as the regularly ones.

Most of the power costs in the way of the global adjustment. Right now the estimate is for 9.8 cents per kw/hr for nov. it is basically the difference in what it costs to produce the power and what the power is being sold for. When demand is sluggish it jacks up this globabl adjustment, since I have heard varies generators are being paid to sit idle and not produce power during low demand times. So currently the wholesale power is about 3 cents, plus 9.8 for the global adjustment plus all of the other fee's. We are probabily running close to 18 cents a kw/hr as the true cost. Scary!

Welcome to OC GP!  :right_on:

1st post. I work in the power sports industry, snowmobiling is 365 days a year for me at work and at home.

Ya ya ya, rub it in LOL.... Welcome to the nut house ;)

Archived