First Ride on the New Sleds

SlowTouringGuy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are great looking sleds!

When I grow up, I'm buying a ski-doo.

Seriously - they look awesome. And the single/two-up option gives you so much flexibility.

Congratulations!  Looks good!

Very nice!  Are they both 1200s?

Yes they are.  Early engagement, lovely linear acceleration, heavy engine brake.  Loved the eTEC and the 1200's don't start as easily as them.  Lots of great features on the new sleds but maybe a minor technological step backwards on starting.   I need to put some miles on.  The 'on the fly' Air Suspension should be sweet.  (I hope)

A nicely matched pair.

A nicely matched pair.

that is really the wrong words in a STG thread.... :icon_hyper:

yep be glad when i retire so i can justified the cost of new sleds, just not able to put the seat time right now to spend that amount.

nice looking sleds, i hope to see you on the trails this yr

that is really the wrong words in a STG thread.... :icon_hyper:

yep be glad when i retire so i can justified the cost of new sleds, just not able to put the seat time right now to spend that amount.

nice looking sleds, i hope to see you on the trails this yr

ageed,thats a ton of money to have sittin idle,unless you have the time to travel,i wish i had that luxury,nice sleds they are,but for me it was hard justifying 5 grand let alone 15......hope its an above average winter for ya!

Not sure why BRP went with the blue windshield on the Grand Touring.  No colour match, it doesn't give the clear vision you get on the GSX and we just had the one ride yesterday and it's starting to separate.  Hope the warranty covers it. 

Did you remember to take the blue plastic scratch protection off the windshield?

OMG, another lob ball !   

I hope BRP is still in business then. 

:tongue:

If they're still selling parts, they'll be in business.  :-P

Did you remember to take the blue plastic scratch protection off the windshield?

This was an effort to assist - not in jest. Oohhh, who am I kidding. Good one.

The 'on the fly' Air Suspension should be sweet.  (I hope)

It is. It makes the sled both capable and comfortable across a broad range of conditions and either single or two-up.  

If they're still selling parts, they'll be in business.  :-P

This was an effort to assist - not in jest. Oohhh, who am I kidding. Good one.

Oh they will be selling parts alright!

Not sure why BRP went with the blue windshield on the Grand Touring.  No colour match, it doesn't give the clear vision you get on the GSX and we just had the one ride yesterday and it's starting to separate.  Hope the warranty covers it. 

Probably will. There is a whole chapter on this in the Factory Service Manual. I'll look it up for you next time I'm at Chez Slomo.

Meantime, I am puzzled by the hard starting you are experiencing....perhaps you aren't used to the '4 stroke run - up'. Took me a while - but basically, there is a short bzzzzzzzzz while the fuel pump gets pressure up to spec (following the beep beep which notes that your DESS key has properly connected with its magnet) Gently caress the start button once again and the starter responds with a 'chumpeta chumpeta chumpeta chumpeta'. The ECU uses this time to read various sensors regarding external temperature, cylinder position, intake vacuum, to meter the correct amount of fuel depending on conditions. The engine will then start up at a slightly elevated RPM until it decides it wants to run more smoothly.

Compare this sequence to that of the two strokes to which you are familiar....  the opening sour notes of a bagpipe, followed by a cloud of blue foul smoke and a few banging noises, it is not difficult to imagine your confusion.

Sweet looking rides! As slomo points out I believe your experiencing the 4 stroke chumpeta. I swore my battery was going to die every time I started my 2007 phazer. Although since yours is a doo it should should more like a chimpeta ;) and oh, do not take back your windshield, that is polarizing film.

Cheers

Few minutes with a heat gun and the "blue" windshield should be ready to go again or you could just switch it out with the clear one that came with it, simple job really, just a quick tug < I KNOW you can do it> :nana:

Archived