2013/2014 Annual Weather Liar Rant Thread

revrnd

Why do the weather liars "play" to the whiners that don't like winter. Suck it up princess, it's Canada for crying out loud.

The chipmunk on Global last night made a comment about not knowing when we'll be seeing double digits in the way of temps. Why would we want to know? It's December you idgit! Meanwhile Jetson on CHEX  in Peterboro seems to enjoy reporting "bad" winter weather (rain) when a lot of us want snow. 

If someone out west watched some of the GTA weather liars whining about -5* temps being COLD, they'd be rolling on the floor laughing.

Just once I'd like to see a week or so of REAL winter in the Toronto area. Then maybe they'd have something to complain about.

Why do the weather liars "play" to the whiners that don't like winter. Suck it up princess, it's Canada for crying out loud.

The chipmunk on Global last night made a comment about not knowing when we'll be seeing double digits in the way of temps. Why would we want to know? It's December you idgit! Meanwhile Jetson on CHEX  in Peterboro seems to enjoy reporting "bad" winter weather (rain) when a lot of us want snow. 

If someone out west watched some of the GTA weather liars whining about -5* temps being COLD, they'd be rolling on the floor laughing.

Just once I'd like to see a week or so of REAL winter in the Toronto area. Then maybe they'd have something to complain about.

Alas... we are in the minority... I know so many that hibernate for months on end. I tell them to dress for it, get out and enjoy the fabulous season that has so much to offer if they would only crawl out of their caves.

My opinion is most people take the winter weather in stride. If southern Ontario does get a dump of the white stuff I usually see people out walking their dogs or kids enjoying it.

The majority accept it its just that a chosen few wish for it.

Its the media that tends to put a negative spin on everything, they are in the business of delivering news and they tend to believe negativity attracts viewers = more revenue.

"stay indoors its going to be a cold snowy day"

"stay indoors its going to be a hot humid day"

"stay indoors its going to be a wet rainy day"

"stay indoors cause the air quality is below average"

"THEY" want us to stay indoors to watch more of their broadcast and buy the products that sponsor the show. lol

My opinion is most people take the winter weather in stride. If southern Ontario does get a dump of the white stuff I usually see people out walking their dogs or kids enjoying it.

The majority accept it its just that a chosen few wish for it.

Its the media that tends to put a negative spin on everything, they are in the business of delivering news and they tend to believe negativity attracts viewers = more revenue.

"stay indoors its going to be a cold snowy day"

"stay indoors its going to be a hot humid day"

"stay indoors its going to be a wet rainy day"

"stay indoors cause the air quality is below average"

"THEY" want us to stay indoors to watch more of their broadcast and buy the products that sponsor the show. lol

So true!

No worries, SG74. Tighten the tin foil hat and fewer rays will get through.  :-P

(Some very good points. Never thought about the impact of "stay indoors". One of the more interesting presentations at AGM '13 was a young phd student's presentation on weather and recreation in southern Ontario. Too often, GTA riders look out the window and literally 'stay indoors' for the weekend. They're missing out on some great riding).

The chipmunk on Global last night made a comment about not knowing when we'll be seeing double digits in the way of temps. Why would we want to know? It's December you idgit! Meanwhile Jetson on CHEX in Peterboro seems to enjoy reporting "bad" winter weather

(rain) when a lot of us want snow.

If it happens and it snows like crazy, there will be little green men ever where again. Code Red, Code red!

-45 WC tonight enjoy :)

Jay, do the folks out there gripe about the weather or just go on w/ their lives? As long as I can remember Winterpeg has been know for the cold, it's not something new.

I had an uncle that was the manager of the main Royal Bank branch downtown in the early 50s. He was there during the big flood they had back in those days. He never said much about winter though.

That is better then -65!

On Nov 5th I posted this on the FB page for CTV North Bay news. 

Marina Moore is the news weather-caster.

"""Hello Marina. I watched you forecast presentation on the 6pm broadcast on Tuesday Nov 5th and have this feedback. Please try and refrain from proclaiming that abnormally hi temperatures are "what we are all looking for" in your fall and winter forecasts. The winter season in Canada is a normal cycle of nature and should be expected, respected and embraced by Canadians. If you as an individual are uncomfortable with cold weather I understand and respect that. However there are thousands of Ontario citizens who rely on the winter for their livelihood as well as recreational pastimes and abnormally hi temps can have very negative impact on them. So please think twice before assuming that the majority of your viewer-ship appreciates double digit temps in November and perhaps instead give us more insight for the reason for these occurrences."""

Happy to say that on Nov 25th I was able to post this in the OSRG on FB:

""I tuned into Marina Moore's weather forecast on CTV Northern Ontario tonight and was amazed to hear her mention people looking to get out on their sleds and how the snow that's coming tonight and tomorrow would be great for them. So great to see a weather person greet winter with a smile and acknowledge the people that appreciate winter instead of bitching and moaning and wishing they were in Florida. Keep up the great work Marina, we got your back!""

It appears that some weather folk can change their ways once they realize that there are tens of thousands of their viewers who anxiously await the arrival of Nature's confirmation that the planet is still, more or less, working properly and we'll get a real winter.  

On Nov 5th I posted this on the FB page for CTV North Bay news. 

Marina Moore is the news weather-caster.

"""Hello Marina. I watched you forecast presentation on the 6pm broadcast on Tuesday Nov 5th and have this feedback. Please try and refrain from proclaiming that abnormally hi temperatures are "what we are all looking for" in your fall and winter forecasts. The winter season in Canada is a normal cycle of nature and should be expected, respected and embraced by Canadians. If you as an individual are uncomfortable with cold weather I understand and respect that. However there are thousands of Ontario citizens who rely on the winter for their livelihood as well as recreational pastimes and abnormally hi temps can have very negative impact on them. So please think twice before assuming that the majority of your viewer-ship appreciates double digit temps in November and perhaps instead give us more insight for the reason for these occurrences."""

Happy to say that on Nov 25th I was able to post this in the OSRG on FB:

""I tuned into Marina Moore's weather forecast on CTV Northern Ontario tonight and was amazed to hear her mention people looking to get out on their sleds and how the snow that's coming tonight and tomorrow would be great for them. So great to see a weather person greet winter with a smile and acknowledge the people that appreciate winter instead of bitching and moaning and wishing they were in Florida. Keep up the great work Marina, we got your back!""

It appears that some weather folk can change their ways once they realize that there are tens of thousands of their viewers who anxiously await the arrival of Nature's confirmation that the planet is still, more or less, working properly and we'll get a real winter.  

well done 

When the "Weather Midget" of the CBC (Jay Scotland) was on CHEX, he was always mentioning the nasty emails from winter enthusiasts. It wasn't his editorial comments but his negative forecasts.

Jay, do the folks out there gripe about the weather or just go on w/ their lives? As long as I can remember Winterpeg has been know for the cold, it's not something new.

I had an uncle that was the manager of the main Royal Bank branch downtown in the early 50s. He was there during the big flood they had back in those days. He never said much about winter though.

hell ya, the radio guys bitch about the cold as do the local TV news, you gotta wonder why they live here in the 1st place

Jetson is telling folks that don't like the cold can look forward to a warm up next week.

My post on the CHEX Facebook page:

To Mike Judson:
Why try to please the people that don't like winter? At times it would appear that you'd enjoy a rainy winter like Vancouver usually has.
The ski club operators , skiers, snowmobilers detest your editorial comments about the weather!

He described today's weather as very, very chilly. What a wuss.

Jetson is telling folks that don't like the cold can look forward to a warm up next week.

My post on the CHEX Facebook page:

He described today's weather as very, very chilly. What a wuss.

send him a soother 

The dork on CP24 this morning said, only 142 days until Summer...

Mind you most people in Toronto aren't praying to the snow gods like us, but still...

The dork on CP24 this morning said, only 142 days until Summer...

Mind you most people in Toronto aren't praying to the snow gods like us, but still...

I asked a friend that lives in T.O. and enjoys her cottage year round why people in T.O whine so much about winter. She says their shoes get slushy & they have to brush the snow off their cars.

You know how time is everything nowadays :rolleyes: .

I live in Toronto and work at King and Bay. I walk around the office and tell everybody that I cant wait for snow, Its one of my fav times of year. There is nothing like spending the day out sledding coming back to the cottage firing up the BQ having a few drinks outsid on the deck. They all think I am nuts. I have taken a few of them up to the cottage got them dressed proberly and out on the sled. They love it. One of my ridding buddies hated winter until I got him on a sled. He now does 2-3 k's a year.    

Good for you on getting some new blood into the sport.  Most people don't know what they are missing, and don't even want to try to find out!

Good for you on getting some new blood into the sport.  Most people don't know what they are missing, and don't even want to try to find out!

X2 on the 1st sentence.

I wonder how many people in T.O. A) don't have their drivers licence, B) don't have a car?

I bet a lot of those folks figure it's "Injun Country" north of Steeles Ave.

im 16 and two years ago I did not like winters up at my cottage.Now, after a season of snowmobiling Winter is my favorite season. just like etech600 my friends think im nuts but winter is just amazing and Im very comfortable when riding. People just dont know what they are missing

This was me a year ago  http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10772-my-apologies-to-all-on-this-forum/?hl=%2Bmy+%2Bapologies+%2Bto+%2Ball+%2Bon+%2Bthis+%2Bforum

Much more enjoyable now.  I tell my wife, it is cheaper than medication  :geek2:

I miss riding with my kids, they've grown up and got busy or something. Still look forward to them arriving, dropping their stuff and firing up the sleds.

The Saturday forcast is for Toronto to get 10-15 cms in the downtown core.........should give them something to complain about :tongue:

The Saturday forcast is for Toronto to get 10-15 cms in the downtown core.........should give them something to complain about :tongue:

"Snowmageddon 2013"

Archived