How much snow?

spaceman

Snowed 8cm os so last couple days. Over a foot on the ground and another 15cm called for today. Then clearing by the weekend and -26 -27 lows. That will make some ice and tighten up the swamps a bit. Haven't even thought about getting the sleds out yet. Got 8 inches of ice in the bay but out in the main lake it will be thinner and with all this snow slush will be bad. Looking good for Christmas!

Spent 6 hours clearing snow yesterday and will have to do it all over again tommorow. Ya got to love winter! Burnt 5 gals of diesel in the tractor so far this winter and it sips fuel!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowed 8cm os so last couple days. Over a foot on the ground and another 15cm called for today. Then clearing by the weekend and -26 -27 lows. That will make some ice and tighten up the swamps a bit. Haven't even thought about getting the sleds out yet.

We would love to see that kind of stuff down in central and southern Ontario.

Just seen on FS that the rail trail on the west side of Barry's Bay has gone green.

foot and a half on the ground and and another 8-12 inches expected by morning, snow till saturday night then deep cold for about a week and the sleds are parked cause the lakes are thin with ice thick with snow, always a bad combo

foot and a half on the ground and and another 8-12 inches expected by morning, snow till saturday night then deep cold for about a week and the sleds are parked cause the lakes are thin with ice thick with snow, always a bad combo

Are you back in Ontario or still out on the prairies?

in ontario till after the holidays

then back out to continue watching that damn dog run away, lil a-ho has been running for months now lol

1 foot in timmins , but snow/freezing rain in the morning changing to rain, up to +4 ,,,,, hope we dont get the rain .

how will this winter fare.....the clock ticks.....lets cross our fingers,and ass hairs for snow mayhem....over...and over...and over.....until april 1?????   i can only dream!! :snow-141: 

About 4-5 inches of nice snow, not the fluffy stuff that blows around, smaller flakes that pack better.   Can't wait how the trails pack up now, did a 20 km ride last night, they're rough as hell.  They gotta get the groomers out soon !

Lucky for us, it hasn't broken the freeze/melt point, meaning this snow is here for good.  The bulk of the snow has now fallen, just flurries forecast, and cool temps.  

Just need to get the groomers out now !!!

Just saw a video on TWN from D'ville. It was snowing & looked like a decent amount of snow on the ground.

Green here but it just started to snow!

You sure? I don't see any snow!

Between 42-49cm north of the Sault.  Lake effect snow off of Superior.   Bush trails and logging road are rideable are in good shape.  I was out twice and no problems encountered.  The odd rock. 

post-22452-0-96556900-1386428228_thumb.jpg

Yeah it did for like 10 minutes....shakes fist in air...

Sounds like flurries! Double fist in air. Maybe snow next week! How are the trails looking at the cottage?

Sounds like flurries! Double fist in air. Maybe snow next week! How are the trails looking at the cottage?

Not much up there yet... How do you know about the cottage? Do we know each other?

Is snowed about six inches around Gravenhurst and west of Orillia this afternoon, but it is very fluffy and light.

I sledded 40 kilometres late this afternoon by running some backroads on the "new to me" turbo touring cat. I could hear the skiis, even though we have six inches of snow on the road (those that were unplowed). I'm not sure if this sound was due to the snow being so fluffy that the skiis were cutting right through to the pavement, or because the sled motor is a little quieter than the 800 triple I rode last year. I also noticed I couldn't steer very well. I hope this was caused by the extra fluffiness of the snow, because if not, then I have to figure out how to get this rig to turn better.

This area is "supposed" to get another six inches of snow overnight.....

blake                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      the carbides hitting the pavement is the sound & without a base it is hard to steer....don't worry it wil be fine

blake: the carbides hitting the pavement is the sound & without a base it is hard to steer....don't worry it wil be fine

Awesome. I was hoping this was the case. I appreciate your experienced input.

I don't really mind the cost of carbides, if it means I get to sled before the trails are available.

if we get  another blast tonight might take the tundra out back for some stump jumpin tomorrow , should have my Muskoka Man snow stick on line tomorrow , not much to see yet though

We had a good solid day of snow fall here on Lake Joseph, Muskoka yesterday. Got at least a foot of fresh powder, and the forecast has heavy snow in it everyday for the next 6 days. Hoping to see some open trails in Muskoka for Christmas!

Didn't get any more snow since the other day.  Calling for -26 -28 next week.  I do hope they get to packing the trails sometime, this is the best medicine for freezing the swamps.

Archived