ELK CABINS - Elk Lake Accommodations

Giddy UP

Just wanted to post another great spot near Elk Lake - ELK CABINS! Right on Hwy 65 and easy to get to by truck - and also easy as they are right on A Trail just outside Elk Lake :D

Stopped in on our way to New Liskeard - they have a fairly limited menu - however..........they have FANTASTIC PIZZA and also gas! They also have very comfortable cozy cottages and room for parking trucks and trailers to stage from and the rates are very reasonable. Very friendly place - I would definitely consider them for accommodation and a lunch stop if in the area again!

Here's the link:

www.elkcabins.net

...they have FANTASTIC PIZZA and also gas!

In that order??? :-o :eek: :lmao:

In that order??? :-o :eek: :lmao:

Doo's don't need gas if you keep them rightside up. If it would have been a fourstroke, things would be much worse.

:nana:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm staying at Elk Cabins this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about riding this late in March or eating one of Arts pizzas again. :-)

Just wanted to post a sincere thanks to Art and Mavis; your hospitality and dedication was unnoticed. Your cabins were so clean and pizza delicious. I will be back on more then one occasion.

Our snowmobile trip was taking longer than we expected. We wanted to call Art and Mavis at Elk Cabins to let them know that we were running late but we didn't have cell phone reception. Art knew that we would be dropping in to see Ron and Giselle at Gowganda Lake Lodge so he called Ron to make sure that we were OK. Ron notified Art that we had just filled up with gas at his pumps and we were heading back to Elk Cabins. It's a great feeling to know your staying with people that care. Thanks Art, Mavis, Ron, and Giselle.

Well said! Thanks to all!

Our snowmobile trip was taking longer than we expected. We wanted to call Art and Mavis at Elk Cabins to let them know that we were running late but we didn't have cell phone reception. Art knew that we would be dropping in to see Ron and Giselle at Gowganda Lake Lodge so he called Ron to make sure that we were OK. Ron notified Art that we had just filled up with gas at his pumps and we were heading back to Elk Cabins. It's a great feeling to know your staying with people that care. Thanks Art, Mavis, Ron, and Giselle.

that is pretty cool to have good communication between resorts...for your safety

After staying at Elk Cabins this past weekend with OF7 and Re:Leaf, I certainly concur with their comments and can absolutely recommend them for future trips!

I'm staying at Elk Cabins this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about riding this late in March or eating one of Arts pizzas again. :-)

I have to agree about the food. We had lunch there Saturday and the pizza, wings and company were great.

Nice to meet Art and Mavis, fellow OC contributors, trail system supporters and volunteers as well.

All the lodges in that area support and give countless hrs volunteering etc for the sport...they all know each other and work together...Great people.

I agree Lep. What a great relationship they have and it works in lieu of their efforts.

It attracts us sledders to an area that sells so little in permits and yet does such a great job

We buy our passes from Elk Lake Trailblazers every year

Archived