Storm watch!

Viperules700

We got about 10cm or so overnight and they are still saying 20+ for today.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove from Milton to Kitchener- should have taken the sled! Over an hour of 'Guess which lane I'm in' and saw a guy scraping his windshiled......while driving on the 401! If I didn't have AWD I wouldn't have attempted it and not looking forward to the drive home. When it gets like this I'm more worried about the inexperienced drivers in the little Hondas weaving through traffic.

Almost 10" in Barrie this morning. c ya

quite a bit of snow fell so far (maybe 20cm) and its still snowing now here in London. This will drastically improve our trails which are yellow from St. Marys north. Its a little wet and heavy at the moment so it should help all this white gold stick and stay. Likely even enough to absorb the 10mm of rainf that is predicted for Sunday. And a little snow and cold on tuesday might actually be the combination we are looking for. I hope I'm not being too optimistic. Going for a ride today after lunch. I'll try and post something later tonight.

Wow, this snow is crazy I am about 15 min south west of ingersoll and I just shovelled at least a foot of snow off the driveway and its filled back in!

Snow day for me and no sleds here :-(

I hope your sleds arent at your cottage. I'm in London and will be riding after lunch today. Starting at the Science Hill Drifters clubhouse (St. Marys)

Snow day for me too.

I hope your sleds arent at your cottage. I'm in London and will be riding after lunch today. Starting at the Science Hill Drifters clubhouse (St. Marys)

Snow day for me too.

Yes sleds up north. Bad call on my part! Love riding out of St. Mary's!

about 6-8 inches in ingersoll now time to go play woohooooooooooo come on mother nature drop another foot of snow i dare ya :nana:

Just for what happened to winter..........we got a boat load of snow in mitchell. yes, a boat load.

Quote of the year... Right there!

Solid foot in Oakland and still snowing hard.... Looks like I can ride burford after all

Local news at 4pm reports 25cm on the ground and 10-15cm more on its way tonight.

Bring your mountain sleds if your looking to ride this weekend :)

680 News just reporte this storm has just met the requirements to be classed a Blizzard

its about time.love it !

33cm or 13 inches fell here today!!!! and still snowing! Gotta love it :)

So do you guys think that +7 and rain will wash it all away ? :(

33cm or 13 inches fell here today!!!! and still snowing! Gotta love it :)

So do you guys think that +7 and rain will wash it all away ? :(

My weather says +5 and freezing rain.

My weather says +5 and freezing rain.

I'll stick to yours then!! :)

Perfect !!! Line of the year nominee !!

Got my vote!

I wonder how the hull wax job is coming?

Got my vote!

I wonder how the hull wax job is coming?

Lol. He is busy trying to get the snow off of it. Chees

Just drove from Milton to Kitchener- should have taken the sled! Over an hour of 'Guess which lane I'm in' and saw a guy scraping his windshiled......while driving on the 401! If I didn't have AWD I wouldn't have attempted it and not looking forward to the drive home. When it gets like this I'm more worried about the inexperienced drivers in the little Hondas weaving through traffic.

You can say that again. Yesterday in Lakefield I saw a girl in a Infiniti that was stuck on a flat street in about 4" of snow. She was spinning her tires then frustrated got out to look the situation over.

Yesterday driving from Apsley to Peterborough and back, I lost count of the number of vehicles I met that didn't have their headlights on. People yes YOU don't need them on to see, but it sure helps OTHERS see you sooner. Especially if you're following a large vehicle creating a lot of blowing snow.

I heard a few messages on the radio about slowing down and leaving more room for stopping. Not once did the DJ or police say anything about turning your headlights on.

Rant off.

You can say that again. Yesterday in Lakefield I saw a girl in a Infiniti that was stuck on a flat street in about 4" of snow. She was spinning her tires then frustrated got out to look the situation over.

Yesterday driving from Apsley to Peterborough and back, I lost count of the number of vehicles I met that didn't have their headlights on. People yes YOU don't need them on to see, but it sure helps OTHERS see you sooner. Especially if you're following a large vehicle creating a lot of blowing snow.

I heard a few messages on the radio about slowing down and leaving more room for stopping. Not once did the DJ or police say anything about turning your headlights on.

Rant off.

What drives me nuts is seeing people driving in heavy snow with their 4 way flashes going and their lights off but still moving! If you feel the need to put your 4 way flashes on just turn on the lights!

My rant over!

What drives me nuts is seeing people driving in heavy snow with their 4 way flashes going and their lights off but still moving! If you feel the need to put your 4 way flashes on just turn on the lights!

My rant over!

I had to drive across town last night around 5 to get the wife at the train station. Saw 4 people driving in town with thier 4 ways on, I wanted to get out at a red light and slap one guy up the side of the head for doing it.

If your worried about some one not seeing you so you put your 4 ways on, how about you just get the hell off the road. Nothing worse than following flashing lights in a snow storm.

I had to drive across town last night around 5 to get the wife at the train station. Saw 4 people driving in town with thier 4 ways on, I wanted to get out at a red light and slap one guy up the side of the head for doing it.

If your worried about some one not seeing you so you put your 4 ways on, how about you just get the hell off the road. Nothing worse than following flashing lights in a snow storm.

Felt the same way. People driving with 4way flashers on are just one more annoying and distracting factor adding to already stressful driving conditions during winter storms. Been one of my pet peeves for years now. Used to mean emergency stop at the side of the road but these days 4way flashers on could mean anything.

All anyone has to do is clean the snow from your headlights and tailights to be seen.

Archived