Storm watch!

Viperules700

Calling for 25cms now for most of south central Ontario. Where is Polaris racing now ika what happened to winter. The curse is over. Bring it on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too hope we get all of the snow they are calling for but have learned to believe it when I see it

Here is hoping... BTW I took tomorrow off anyways to go riding, watch for some trail side pics :)

I'm off rest week too

Here's the radar. Fingers crossed hoping to wake Friday to a good dump

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/maps/caon0040/?ref=alerts_user-p_satrad

Weather nitwits are saying 10-15 today and 20-30 tomorrow for Belleville :)

And the maps say, D1,2,3 should get 30+

Expecting 25-35 now over the next 2 days justNorth of Newy!!!!!!! Going to get one last ride in this weekend...... before monday hits :( +7 and rain expected...

Wow, Reved. If that link is correct, there's one swath of snow trough Toronto and another band shellacking Parry Sound to Algonquin Park.

Toronto radio stations are already calling for the biggest storm in 15 years (record is 31 cm and predictions are 32 cm).

I hope the weather nitwits are right on this one...

This year they called for 15-20cm after Christmas we got 45-60cm. They have been pretty much bang on with the warm weather spells and rain that washed January away. I'm really hopping this isn't the storm they get wrong, we need the snow.

Light snow in Kitchener now.

I hope the weather nitwits are right on this one...

This year they called for 15-20cm after Christmas we got 45-60cm. They have been pretty much bang on with the warm weather spells and rain that washed January away. I'm really hopping this isn't the storm they get wrong, we need the snow.

x2, that was a good snowfall..

The strom is here in Kitchener now. Getting great big flakes. It is going to add up quick. Just real light at the moment. But looks promising.

Is a strom..bigger than a storm?

lol...sounds european...ish

Strom = noun, often attributive

a: a disturbance of the atmosphere marked by wind and usually by rain, snow, hail, sleet, or thunder and lightning

b: a heavy fall of rain, snow, or hail

c (1): wind having a speed of 64 to 72 miles (103 to 117 kilometers) per hour (2): whole gale - see beaufort scale table

d: a serious disturbance of any element of nature

: a disturbed or agitated state <storms of emotion> : a sudden or violent commotion

: a heavy discharge of objects (as missiles)

: a tumultuous outburst <a storm of protests>

A strom (Proto-Germanic*sturmaz "noise, tumult") is any disturbed state of an astronomical body's atmosphere especially affecting its surface, and strongly implying severe weather. It may be marked by strong wind, hail, thunder and/or lightning (a thunderstrom ), heavy precipitation (snowstrom, rainstrom) heavy freezing rain (ice strom), strong winds (windstrom), or wind transporting some substance through the atmosphere as in a dust strom sandstrom, etc. Stroms generally lead to negative impacts to lives and property such as strom surge , heavy rain or snow (causing flooding or road impassibility), lightning, wildfires and vertical wind shear; however, systems with significant rainfall can alleviate drought in places they move through.

Heavy snowfall can allow special recreational activities to take place which would not be possible otherwise, such as skiing and snowmobiling.

So...............bring on the STROM!!

The beer must be kicking in,i see snow flakes in Fenelon Falls also.

The beer must be kicking in,i see snow flakes in Fenelon Falls also.

So do I. And I am still in Markham!

Well we got enough flakes for a cereal bowl. It has stopped, so waiting game continues. Sure hope it comes, we need to get the trails open.

Cambridge has about 1/2 a cm. but looking at the Doppler radar it could still be coming. Looks like Owen Sound is getting a little more already

Cambridge has about 1/2 a cm. but looking at the Doppler radar it could still be coming. Looks like Owen Sound is getting a little more already

Going around us. Ahhhhhhhhh! Mississuga is getting it all.

about 2-3 inches in ingersoll but still snowing im not holding my breath

Strom = noun, often attributive

a: a disturbance of the atmosphere marked by wind and usually by rain, snow, hail, sleet, or thunder and lightning

b: a heavy fall of rain, snow, or hail

c (1): wind having a speed of 64 to 72 miles (103 to 117 kilometers) per hour (2): whole gale - see beaufort scale table

d: a serious disturbance of any element of nature

: a disturbed or agitated state <storms of emotion> : a sudden or violent commotion

: a heavy discharge of objects (as missiles)

: a tumultuous outburst <a storm of protests>

A strom (Proto-Germanic*sturmaz "noise, tumult") is any disturbed state of an astronomical body's atmosphere especially affecting its surface, and strongly implying severe weather. It may be marked by strong wind, hail, thunder and/or lightning (a thunderstrom ), heavy precipitation (snowstrom, rainstrom) heavy freezing rain (ice strom), strong winds (windstrom), or wind transporting some substance through the atmosphere as in a dust strom sandstrom, etc. Stroms generally lead to negative impacts to lives and property such as strom surge , heavy rain or snow (causing flooding or road impassibility), lightning, wildfires and vertical wind shear; however, systems with significant rainfall can alleviate drought in places they move through.

Heavy snowfall can allow special recreational activities to take place which would not be possible otherwise, such as skiing and snowmobiling.

So...............bring on the STROM!!

So do I. And I am still in Markham!

lmao !!!

21 cm exactly so far, just north of Newy. But still snowing very hard! :)

about 2-3 inches in ingersoll but still snowing im not holding my breath

Wow, this snow is crazy I am about 15 min south west of ingersoll and I just shovelled at least a foot of snow off the driveway and its filled back in!

Snow day for me and no sleds here :-(

Archived