Yamaha Belt Change Tool

sledjunk

I have made a Belt Change Tool for Yamahas that will hold the secondary sheave open for you. This makes changing the belt much easier and quicker, espescially in the cold or when the belt has shredded and you need to clean the strands out.

The kit consists of the following components

PartsList_zpsa8d8707d.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the tool ready for use.

DSCN0675_zps352da4ce.jpg

DSCN0676_zps9e7c5295.jpg

The kit is available for $30. PM me to order and for payment info. Paypal accepted.

The manual is available as a .pdf here.

Belt Tool for Yamaha Rev B.pdf

Thanks for looking.

bought one, great addition to the tool bag

Can't you just put the brake on and pull the belt off backwards. Sometimes I would open the clutch with my hands. Looks cool and similar to my skidoo tool. Lol

Can't download the manual. I take it you replace the secondary bolt with an internally threaded one? Looks interesting and maybe easier than a 12mm wrench.

Exactly! Then you thread the small bolt through the tool and tighten the 10 mm nut to compress the clutch. PM your email address and I'll email the manual, if you like.

Much easier than the 12 mm wrench trick, esp in the middle of the Holland River and the belt is nothing but bits of rubber and tangled kevlar! Had to disassemble the secondary to clean up that mess! This would have opened the clutch so that I could clean it out.

Also, the 12 mm wrench still means that you have to hold the clutch open with one hand while doing the rest of the job with the other.

Can't you just put the brake on and pull the belt off backwards. Sometimes I would open the clutch with my hands. Looks cool and similar to my skidoo tool. Lol

Thanks! It is similar to the tools for the 'doo's, poo's and also similar apparently to the Cat tool. They all do the same thing, that is , open and hold the secondary while you change the belt.

Carefully? Slowly? :lol:

That was the most difficult part! Micro lathe and a series of drill bits. Not the best method, but you have to work with what you have :wtf:

How do you drill and tap a Grade 8.8 bolt? Ah...............trade secret. Buy the tool, you don't need to know how.

ISO 8.8 is the same as SAE Gr5, not too hard.

Nice set-up!

polaris team clutch has threaded key you just screw in...works great...just need to work on better engine now...

Why would u need this tool,yammies dont blow belts?????? :nana:

winch would be better...

Hope you don't break it off in the clutch and have to walk home, that would suck.

Great kit! A tool like this helps a lot.

If there was a tool to help with the belt on a phazer I'd be all over that.

I believe this will work on the Phazer, too. I do not have one to try it on but the only issue is that the OEM bolt appears to be steel instead of aluminum on the others. I 'think' it is the same size bolt though. PM me if you would like to try one.

Hope you don't break it off in the clutch and have to walk home, that would suck.

Not very likely. The OEM bolt is aluminum and this is a grade 8.8 steel bolt. Also, the torque on the OEM bolt is 43 ft lbs and it really doesn't hold much force because the belt keeps the clutch on.

I believe this will work on the Phazer, too. I do not have one to try it on but the only issue is that the OEM bolt appears to be steel instead of aluminum on the others. I 'think' it is the same size bolt though. PM me if you would like to try one.

For some reason yamaha went with an old school secondary and the helix is on the inside of the clutch. There is nothing to push on on the outside.

For some reason yamaha went with an old school secondary and the helix is on the inside of the clutch. There is nothing to push on on the outside.

Really? That sucks!

Oh...... a drive belt....had gained a little weight over Christmas and when I read the title....very enterprising of you sledjunk! :geek2:

:coffeespit: Thanks slomo

Well if I still had my Yami I would be buyin one. Always nice to see some entrepenual spirit producing some quality products (and at a resonable price to boot).

Thanks

........ esp in the middle of the Holland River and the belt is nothing but bits of rubber and tangled kevlar! Had to disassemble the secondary to clean up that mess! This would have opened the clutch so that I could clean it out.

Or in the middle of Où sommes-nous, Quebec. Is that where you got the idea?

Thanks for your help that day !!

SJ,

Does this tool work with a 05 RS Venture? Will the 6mm wing nut (item D) work to open the secondary on a Ski-doo?

It should work on your '05 Venture as it is the same setup as my '07 Vector and others.

I am not sure if the wing nut / bolt will work on a Ski-doo though. The bolt is 6 mm x 1.0, but you would probably need more leverage to open the secondary than what you can get on the wing nut. You might have to turn it with a tool of some sort. (Pliers, adjustable wrench) I am not sure of the thread for the Ski-doo tool but It 'looked' like the same size.

Or in the middle of Où sommes-nous, Quebec. Is that where you got the idea?

Thanks for your help that day !!

That wasn't where I got the idea, but it did remind me that I needed a solution! No problem helping out. That sure was a mess!

Archived