Yamaha Belt Change Tool

sledjunk

Or in the middle of Où sommes-nous, Quebec. Is that where you got the idea?

Thanks for your help that day !!

Ou sommes-nous, Quebec??? LOL...did you have no faith in your leader that day? :icon_tinykitball: Just to refresh your memory, we were actually on the way to Devil's Mountain. And yes, your blown belt was quite a mess...you gotta stop those 100+ mph runs at the back of the pack. ;-)

Seen this product in action at the open house recently, it's all that and more would recommend this to anyone with a Yamaha, that doesn't have "mechanics grip"

Thanks Blue er

That is a great tool that you have come up with.It looks solid and will save skinning fingers.They always blow belts on the lake when it cold and windy LOL

That is a great tool that you have come up with.It looks solid and will save skinning fingers.They always blow belts on the lake when it cold and windy LOL

Ain't that the truth! Looks like we are in the same area. Maybe we can get out for a ride together this year.

Hope too, I saw they had the B103 limited in Keswick last week before the melt.I see that the H1 trail goes to your door.I am at the end of H6. I saw you checking permits at the end of Kydd Rd a couple of years ago.Here is my wrench that I came up with to change the belt instead of using a small 12 mm wrench USE A BIGGER WRENCH LOL

002_zps31450aa1.jpg

It binds up against the clutch so it cant turn the screw much.

That works, too. I was always a little worried about the 12 mm wrench trick because you are tightening the nutand if not careful could over tighten and / or break it. Your tool eliminates that.

Yeah, we are pretty close. I rode from the clubhouse down to H6 and E108 to Fenelon a couple of times just after New Years. Made one guy put his permit on and another purchase one. Really need to concentrate on enforcement this year!

• 1 month later...

TTT

You might sell more if you designed a tool for other manufacturers that actually wear belts out!

Actually, the other manufacturers already have tools provided, AFAIK.

Actually, the other manufacturers already have tools provided, AFAIK.

X2. Yammie is way behind in this department. Maybe you could contact yammie and supply them. That ought to keep you busy!

X2. Yammie is way behind in this department. Maybe you could contact yammie and supply them. That ought to keep you busy!

Only cause you don't need to change the belt as often! Now go buy something yellow and overpriced!

Only cause you don't need to change the belt as often! Now go buy something yellow and overpriced!

Mine is black (please don't tell me you could make it yellow and it would only take 30 seconds) my doo was excellent value for the

money. I received 3700 off. Sled was 12k everything in, out the door.

• 5 months later...

TTT

The head of the bolt does not extend any further than stock.  Actually, it might even be a few mm shorter because it is steel and does not need as much 'meat' as the flanged aluminum stock bolt.

When the tool is not being used, there is no additional mass like the oval shaped options out there (other than the difference between the aluminum and steel bolt)

If I had my viper still, I would buy one in a heart beat. First time i blew the belt, i thought yammie forgot to pack me the tool. I always used the brake and pull trick. One time a guy was nice enough to hold my rear end up really high, so I can spin the new belt onto the secondary. With the heavy four strokes, good luck finding someone strong enough.

I saw the belt change tool in action and it is  a easy way to open up the secondary and keep it open to change your belt that can be wrapped around shredded on the secondary clutch.I definitely don't want some " guy was nice enough to hold my rear end up really high"....That just sounds .....different . :crazy_grn::icon_naughty: To each his own .

• 3 weeks later...

Do you still have these tools available for sale?

Yes.  Just send me a PM.

Do you still have these tools available for sale?

welcome to the forum

Now also available on eBay.  Search for "Yamaha Snowmobile Belt Change Tool"

• 2 years later...

Great tool. There is one in my tool kit.  

Archived