How Many Trail Permits Were Sold Before December 2nd?

bbakernbay

the thread is about seasonal permits sold. hence the ten year ago statement from FB.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ten years ago you had thousands of us residents buying permits too. that number is WAAAAY DOWN as well. Ski

2-3 thousand maybe if that I would bet

The Canadian dollar helped that when it was artificially way too low at 65cent

the thread is about seasonal permits sold. hence the ten year ago statement from FB.

I am saying this revenue has shifted to larger weekly and 3 day permits. The revenue from Americans would be very similar today to ten years ago.

I am going to guess that the two components of the lower numbers of Americans are the passport requirements and the exchange rate on the $. When our dollar was worth in the mid 70 cent range everything here was a considerable bargain to them. Food accomodation and so much more.

If we get 5 to 8 weeks of riding in this season, thats 5-8 more than I got last year. Permit sales will be down again this season due to last years terrible winter, and umemployment / low paying jobs. I know alot of riders that arent even bothering this season for both those reasons.

If we get 5 to 8 weeks of riding in this season, thats 5-8 more than I got last year. Permit sales will be down again this season due to last years terrible winter, and umemployment / low paying jobs. I know alot of riders that arent even

bothering this season for both those reasons.

Tough economy for sure. If the weather cooperates we will sell more permits, especially weekly ones.

Science Hill Drifters in D5 is down in permit sales this year. Expected as much though. Will update our sales after Wednesdays meeting.

I will be following skidooboy, as Grayling isnt a difficult drive for us here. Although, I think he may be overly optimistic, I hope he's correct about when trails open.

Forecast looks good your way BB

Science Hill Drifters in D5 is down in permit sales this year. Expected as much though. Will update our sales after Wednesdays meeting.

I will be following skidooboy, as Grayling isnt a

difficult drive for us here. Although, I think he

may be overly optimistic, I hope he's correct

about when trails open.

Forecast looks good your way BB

I didn't know you went to thier meetings. I ride thier system a few times a year, great group.

To date our Early Buy permit sales are down approx 50% :angry-smiley-005: , but we expected that.

Yikes - down 50% is a HUGE hit. Ouch.

Really? You didn't see that coming? There were predictions posted in an earlier post on here somewhere.

Really? You didn't see that coming? There were predictions posted in an earlier post on here somewhere.

Our district association of 10 clubs was down 90 percent 10 days before the dec 1st deadline. Don't know what the final number is yet.

Our district association of 10 clubs was down 90 percent 10 days before the dec 1st deadline. Don't know what the final number is yet.

I wish I had your contacts. I'm the treasurer for the Golden Triangle Snowmobile Association and I didn't know that. End result is as I eluded to earlier, we are down approx. 50%. By the way Viper, there are 12 member clubs in the Triangle.

So far our club has sold 140 permits(early bird) No sure if it was the season before but they sold 1100 for the year.The club is hoping snow hits after the dec 15 when price hits 140 as to take a greater share.

Nova Scotia...Ontario, not looking good anywhere for the sport.

You know it's really too bad the OFSC doesn't make this information a little more public. Everything seems to be a big secret, I guess someone needs to become a memeber of he good old boy network.

I wish I had your contacts. I'm the treasurer for the Golden Triangle Snowmobile Association and I didn't know that. End result is as I eluded to earlier, we are down approx. 50%. By the way

Viper, there are 12 member clubs in the

Triangle.

Dam 50 percent is huge for this association. I thought most people would buy right on the deadline. Thanks for the update. Hopefully we get snow soon.

I wish I had your contacts. I'm the treasurer for the Golden Triangle Snowmobile Association and I didn't know that. End result is as I eluded to earlier, we are down approx. 50%. By the way Viper, there are 12 member clubs in the Triangle.

Thanks for the info Piston Lake Cruiser

Not much we can do about it now.

Thanks for the input.

Oddly enough, I'm sensing a stellar winter. Those that sat on the sidelines will buy in later.

Accu-knee joint says we are going to have lots of snow.

Maybe the OFSC should look into briging back weekend permits? But they will have to be affordable also might be a good way to get people into the sport.

Maybe the OFSC should look into briging back weekend permits? But they will have to be affordable also might be a good way to get people into the sport.

Yeah 100 bucks a weekend for a three day permit. The 210 early permit is cheap. Heck it cost me 45 to fill the oil up on the sled, going to need another 60 in gas to fill it up, spare belt yet and new carbides to replace the crappy stock ones. I could spend double the permit price before I even clock 1km on the sled. Problem is if people can save a cent, they cut corners on the permit. Going to need alot of patrolling out there to force people to get them. It is a bargain.

Accu-knee joint says we are going to have lots of snow.

Yeah, can see the lake effect coming now.

Permit sales down 40% for my club. Think the numbers will be pretty bad everywhere...as expected.

If I recall the OFSC predicted a 20% drop...think they were a little off???

Not much can be done about pre-season sales for the 2013 season. Riders bought, or didn't buy.

Time to look to the season ahead.

Archived