Who's getting a new sled for 2012/2013 Season?

500ssman

Still a very nice sled. I was not too keen on the blue either (love the retro scheme), but it probably will grow on you. Nice suspension!

The only thing I can see "issue wise" is that there is not a lot of stock storage space. A simple backpack will solve that or some add on bags.

True but for 500 bucks I can switch to the extra storage setup as the adventure but right now I'm a hit the trails with a backpack kinda guy but it's nice to have that storage option in case of longer rides.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep all of my emergency gear, and extra things in the back pack. If you ever have to hoof it on foot, it is nice to be able to take what you need with you. I am not too concerned about the luggage aspect. Very nice sled though! Nice lines and great suspension.

I keep all of my emergency gear, and extra things in the back pack. If you ever have to hoof it on foot, it is nice to be able to take what you need with you. I am not too concerned about the luggage aspect. Very nice sled though! Nice lines and great suspension.

nice to have luggage bags...that can be removed easily...

Lots of "New to me " sleds but how many guys are buying a "New" 2013 for next winter?. That will determine how keen the companies will be to sell new.

dealer where 500ss & i snow-checked...26 last year snow-checked & only 4 this year...

Ouch.

Not good for the industry.

Hopefully the manufacturers will back off on the 'minimum' purchase required to carry a line.

When I was riding Arctic Cat in the early 90's, the Gravenhurst dealer closed because he couldn't meet the minimum quota for the following year.

BTW - Polaris posted strong sales results (although this article focusses on Q1, 2012). Snowmobile sales are reported towards the end. Not surprisingly, most of the revenue in Q1 appears to be from off road vehicles. That's how I interpret Q1 sales of 673.8 million, of which snowmobiles were $4.6 million for that quarter (most sleds shipped last year).

http://www.sledracer.com/2012/04/polaris-reports-q1-results/

BTW - Polaris posted strong sales results (although this article focusses on Q1, 2012). Snowmobile sales are reported towards the end. Not surprisingly, most of the revenue in Q1 appears to be from off road vehicles. That's how I interpret Q1 sales of 673.8 million, of which snowmobiles were $4.6 million for that quarter (most sleds shipped last year).

http://www.sledracer...rts-q1-results/

thats good news...at least they won't be goin broke in next 3 yrs...cover warranty anyways

Min quota is a problem. Lots of dealers have closed because each year they forced dealers to take more units then the previous year. My local poo and yamaha dealer (They sell both brands) had around 75 snow checked for this fall. Normal amount is around 110 so they are down abit. They use to sell 300 units a year in the mid 90's. Lots of poo dealers closed in the area, giving them more volume. There will be more buyers in the fall buying new, since the used market has tightened up.

It was mid 90's the local skidoo dealer in Wasaga Beach told them to take a hike. It was the end of the season, no snow and had almost all of that years inventory still on hand. They told him he had to take even more for the next year so he told them no I don't and quit selling. He made more on the repairs than he did the sales and this was a winter side line for the marina.

It was mid 90's the local skidoo dealer in Wasaga Beach told them to take a hike. It was the end of the season, no snow and had almost all of that years inventory still on hand. They told him he had to take even more for the next year so he told them no I don't and quit selling. He made more on the repairs than he did the sales and this was a winter side line for the marina.

dealer said he makes $ 300 a sled when snowchecked...

300 is probably pure profit. Some car dealers only make around 800 on a car now too, except they have alot more volume. Hard to make a living on selling just boats and sleds. Service side is where all of the money is being made. Most sled dealers charge 80 per hour now. Some car dealers are 110 an hour here now.

dealer where 500ss & i snow-checked...26 last year snow-checked & only 4 this year...

Yup not good but he did say earlier that since he had snow checked quite a few the previous year that this season is sort of a lull as buyers who had snowchecked will wait 2 or 3 years before heading back to the dealer to snowcheck again. So expect #s to be higher for next years snowcheck.

• 1 month later...

I see Bracebridge Yamaha has a leftover 2011 Vector GT and they are asking $8999 + HST

I think thats a good price for a great trail sled. Now if only my company and union would come to a agreement I could go look at it and see what they would offer for a trade on my my old XCSP!

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Yamaha/RS%20Vector%20GT/BRACEBRIDGE/Ontario/5_12393744_20100622073053167/?ms=snowmobiles

I see Bracebridge Yamaha has a leftover 2011 Vector GT and they are asking $8999 + HST

I think thats a good price for a great trail sled. Now if only my company and union would come to a agreement I could go look at it and see

what they would offer for a trade on my my old

XCSP!

Vector%20GT/BRACEBRIDGE/Ontario/5_123937

44_20100622073053167/?

ms=snowmobiles'>http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ya

maha/RS%20Vector%20GT/BRACEBRIDGE/Ont

ario/5_12393744_20100622073053167/?

ms=snowmobiles

They will laugh at you. I would sell the poo private and take whatever you can get. Good luck with the contract. Glad I got out of manufacturing, since all of the game playing between company and union was stressful. In the end company always won.

I'm sure the company will win here too

In the past I always seemed to do ok with trade-ins but I see your point.....

Hopefully its not a long hot summer full of picketing.........

I think thats a good price for a great trail sled. Now if only my company and union would come to a agreement I could go look at it and see what they would offer for a trade on my my old XCSP!

http://www.autotrade...?ms=snowmobiles

Don't forget when you trade in you only pay the HST on the sale price less the trade in. If they give you ie. $2500 for the old sled you have to get $2825 privately just to break even. Then you have to sit around home waiting for people to come and look at the sled who may or may not show up and if they do may or may not be serious. Depending on what the dealer will give you is it really worth it to sell private is a question to ask yourself.

Don't forget when you trade in you only pay the HST on the sale price less the trade in. If they give you ie. $2500 for the old sled you have to get $2825 privately just to break even. Then you have to sit around home waiting for people to come and look at the sled who may or may not show up and if they do may or may not be serious. Depending on what the dealer will give you is it really worth it to sell private is a question to ask yourself.

ya thats why in the past I usually trade in.......all depends on what they might offer!

They will probably offer you 1500 tops. A yamaha dealer only wanted to give me 2000k for my viper.

Well fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it I need to wait for the BS at work to cool down before I go a get semi serious about a upgrade,

• 1 month later...

just purchased a 2010 CFR800r carry-over,,,,,,,to add to my stable!!!!

just purchased a 2010 CFR800r carry-over,,,,,,,to add to my stable!!!!

nice addition

• 3 weeks later...

Just called the dealer and my 600pro r switchback is in!!! Will have it next week.

Bring on the snow!!!!

Just called the dealer and my 600pro r switchback is in!!! Will have it next week.

Bring on the snow!!!!

are you stayin in this area this winter...

Bring on the snow!!!!

Congratulations!

Archived