Who's getting a new sled for 2012/2013 Season?

500ssman

Glen, not sure as of yet.I kinda know where I'm going put don't wanna say until confirmed.

Did your sled arrive yet?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen, not sure as of yet.I kinda know where I'm going put don't wanna say until confirmed.

Did your sled arrive yet?

haven't talked to craig lately...guess its getting that time soon...hope there snow where their sending you...if you gotta go

IM LOOKING FOR A LOW KMS 1200 TO RIDE,,LET ME KNOW WHATS OUT THERE

Might be getting a rush. I gotta sell my sled first.

Don't forget when you trade in you only pay the HST on the sale price less the trade in. If they give you ie. $2500 for the old sled you have to get $2825 privately just to break even. Then you have to sit around home waiting for people to come and look at the sled who may or may not show up and if they do may or may not be serious. Depending on what the dealer will give you is it really worth it to sell private is a question to ask yourself.

You get raped on trade ins

He should easily get $2500-3000 privately vs $1500 if he trades in

You get raped on trade ins

He should easily get $2500-3000 privately vs

$1500 if he trades in

Just depends on what you have and what the

dealer can sell. I always price it out both ways.

If the sled is less then 3 years old, usually

better to trade it in. An older sled is easy to sell privately for a decent buck. Trick is to sell them before they need alot of work.

Just depends on what you have and what the

dealer can sell. I always price it out both ways.

If the sled is less then 3 years old, usually

better to trade it in. An older sled is easy to sell privately for a decent buck. Trick is to sell them before they need alot of work.

true if it is a couple yrs old

BUT this is an XC SP and the fact this past winter was not, I doubt any dealer will give decent coin

On another note still debating on a newer sled

I have not laid eyes on my sled since they day I blew the engine, I dropped it off at my buddy's the day I blew it.

Going to have to decide by the end of the month if I will bother with it or not

I cant imagine the XP SP wil be worth much but the ways things are going it might have to last for another season!

I cant imagine the XP SP wil be worth much but the ways things are going it might have to last for another season!

You will get 2k private. Heck a kitty cat fetches 1200 for a used one.

You will get 2k private. Heck a kitty cat fetches 1200 for a used one.

I had a dealer tell me this past spring it was worth between 3k and 3500 in a trade.........

just dont see the funds arriving this fall for that upgrade id like lol

I had a dealer tell me this past spring it was worth between 3k and 3500 in a trade.........

just dont see the funds arriving this fall for that upgrade id like lol

Were they hiding other incentives, you would get anyway. Most skidoo dealers would only give me 2k for my three cylinder viper.

I am defiantly getting a new one this year. It will probably be an etec long track, especially if doo gives out a three year engine warranty this fall. I believe the incentives will be great, since the snow check numbers are way down. With the price of fuel I could save enough to get a free permit.

Were they hiding other incentives, you would get anyway. Most skidoo dealers would only give me 2k for my three cylinder viper.

Its possibe, i never got into too many details.

I am defiantly getting a new one this year. It will probably be an etec long track, especially if doo gives out a three year engine warranty this fall. I believe the incentives will be great, since the snow check numbers are way down. With the price of fuel I could save enough to get a free permit.

Id love a new sled that is efficient, which ETEC would you me looking at? both 600 and 800 are nice machines and a 3 yr warranty is sorta piece of mind

Id love a new sled that is efficient, which ETEC would you me looking at? both 600 and 800 are nice machines and a 3 yr warranty is sorta piece of mind

I was tilting towards the 600. From my experience doo never made a good two stroke engine over 600 cc. Ptech's were brutal, 670 were abit better but by no means bullet proof. All of the triples had issue's especially the Mach's. 600 etec averages around 8 liters in fuel per 100 km. 350 km is the normal range per tank. It is a smaller tank then my viper too and even if I just get 300km per tank. That is a 50 percent improvement. One tank a day is all I will need. Oil consumption is low too. 1200 is a great engine two and is heavy. The wieght concern's me, since I have bad shoulders. I know a few riders that have over 10k km on the 600's and haven't had any issue's.

I was tilting towards the 600. From my experience doo never made a good two stroke engine over 600 cc. Ptech's were brutal, 670 were abit better but by no means bullet proof. All of the triples had issue's especially the Mach's. 600 etec averages around 8 liters in fuel per 100 km. 350 km is the normal range per tank. It is a smaller tank then my viper too and even if I just get 300km per tank. That is a 50 percent improvement. One tank a day is all I will need. Oil consumption is low too. 1200 is a great engine two and is heavy. The wieght concern's me, since I have bad shoulders. I know a few riders that have over 10k km on the 600's and haven't had any issue's.

Id sure like either. Been thinking about going the 4-stroke road for some time now but they are heavier

Id sure like either. Been thinking about going the 4-stroke road for some time now but they are heavier

The yammies don't handle well out of the box.

You can save 3 grand on an etec and they are

better on fuel and no oil changes to worry

about. Skidoo has better ride and handling by

a mile. Yammie does have better fit and finish and overall quality Is excellent. If you upgrade the ski's and play with the setup, you can improve the ride and handling.

well new is a realative term. from my line up of 95 - 97 i have jumped to a 2004 polaris 700xc sp cant wait for snowpost-22595-0-98576100-1345293051_thumb.jpg

I had a 02 700, great sled, you should really enjoy it scott !

Nice Polaris scot. Make sure you change the driveshaft, speedo and jackshaft bearings, if it hasn't been done yet. I do mine every 5000 miles or 4 years. With the age of the sled, they will likely fail and leave you stranded and can do alot of damage too.

i will do that viper havent even started getting it ready yet. been busy getting all the cats ready to sell .the zr700 is tuned and ready to go kind of hope it doesnt sell before there is enough snow for me to ride it just once lol

dont forget to clean the exhaust valves too

did mine every year.

dont forget to clean the exhaust valves too

did mine every year.

true too. They can be a pain as well.

hmmmm whats involved in doing the valves?

On a Polaris. You will see a black plastic cover

above the the exhaust. Basically take the two long screws out that hold the assembly to the cylinder. I always leave the valve attached and just pull it out of the cylinder with the spring assembly attached. I used a light scrub cloth and clean both sides of the valve with dunk degreaser. Just make sure you don't get it on the bellows. If they have the black ones, you will want to upgrade to the orange. Poo had trouble with them ripping. You can take the whole assembly apart, just make sure to lock tight the centre nut, so it doesn't come loose and fail into the cylinder later. Rookie mistake you don't want to make.

before I put it back in the cylinder. Trick is to let the valve soak in a degressor for a few hours. I would run the sled up to operating temp, before trying to remove them. They can stick real good. It has taken me over an hour to get then out of the cylinder before.

Archived