Has anyone stayed at Sportsman Lodge on Kukagami Lake?

spatters

A group of us are staying at the Sportsman Lodge Wilderness Resort on Kukagami Lake over the Family Day weekend in Feb. Has anyone stayed there or spent time riding in that area?

Comments, tips, advice?

Hmmmm I might know a guy that's knows a guy who's wife's sister in law had a friend that stayed there.

Trails in the area are so so right now but we have 3 weeks to go before your weekend.

Lots of directions you can do day runs east, west, north, south.

George is a great host but also a busy guy running the place.

He will often sit and have a beer with you at the end of a day and tell you about the area, some beautiful places around, some just off the beaten path.

Opinions will vary person to person, personally I like the guy.

He does a lot for the club buy marking lakes, trails and doing whatever he can when time allows.

George is a great cook as well.

He has gas on site and if required you are only about an hour from Sudbury.

Ask for rooms in the main lodge. 

Food and sledding atmosphere are fantastic.

It is a decent spot. The accomdations are abit rustic and meal times are set. Don't be late or you will miss out. Wolf loop is nice with a climb up the mountain. View is fantastic. 

Decent place, I agree with the above reviews. If your looking for lodge accommodations then it’s likely your best bet.

Been there the past 2 years - George is a great guy. If running late for dinner call ahead and he will set aside a plate for you.  x2 on staying in the main lodge, great place to hang out and have beers with other sledders after a day of riding.   The Trails run right through the parking lot, easy to get in and out.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gibson said:

Is this the place that has a bunkie also. 

I don't think it has a bunkie, but I could be wrong.

First time there last year for two days.  Being as it's set up with meal plan and I'm a somewhat fussy eater, had concerns but food was fantastic, found George to be a great guy, staff was over the top accommodating. Accommodations, well on the rustic side but clean and tidy, yes I'd stay there again.

11 hours ago, soupkids said:

I don't think it has a bunkie, but I could be wrong.

The tall structure  ( Clubhouse ? ) can be construed as a bunkie. Two single beds in L shape. Very compact bathroom, sink and shower.  

Went with teenagers. They loved it. It was okay- prefer the main lodge.

46 minutes ago, Canuck said:

The tall structure  ( Clubhouse ? ) can be construed as a bunkie. Two single beds in L shape. Very compact bathroom, sink and shower.  

Went with teenagers. They loved it. It was okay- prefer the main lodge.

Yeah thats the building. 2 beds no chairs. Light hanging from a pigtail. No tv had 2 adjoining rooms. Thru the washroom.

That was years back. And never went back

That's the "lodge"

You say potato, I say potatoe lol

Thanks Soupkids.

Guys do enjoy Sportsman's.

As for wifey in the Lodge (tall structure)  on Valentine's Day.... I've just about run out of mulligans with my prior tyvek enclosed shelters, Doritos/ Pepsi in a gas station snowmobile trips. Mind you, single beds. She might go for that.

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

You say potato, I say potatoe lol

Thanks Soupkids.

Guys do enjoy Sportsman's.

As for wifey in the Lodge (tall structure)  on Valentine's Day.... I've just about run out of mulligans with my prior tyvek enclosed shelters, Doritos/ Pepsi in a gas station snowmobile trips. Mind you, single beds. She might go for that.

You do live dangerously don't you. I would never get away with it.

Past Valentines day sledding for us has typically been Deerhurst, Inn at Christie's Mill, Tapatoo... that sort of thing. I score extra points if they have a spa.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

You do live dangerously don't you. I would never get away with it.

Past Valentines day sledding for us has typically been Deerhurst, Inn at Christie's Mill, Tapatoo... that sort of thing. I score extra points if they have a spa.

I hear ya, currently at Rama for that exact reason.

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

I hear ya, currently at Rama for that exact reason.

How are the trails? 

:-P

7 hours ago, 02Sled said:

. I score extra points if they have spa

How long does it take you to save up enough points to score something big like new house on empty lot? 

All females like the spa. Once went to Mexico and did couples spa package and she asked for deep tissue message. 

Those Mexican's rubbed me out so hard, my big was black and blue for a few days afterwords. 

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

How long does it take you to save up enough points to score something big like new house on empty lot? 

All females like the spa. Once went to Mexico and did couples spa package and she asked for deep tissue message. 

Those Mexican's rubbed me out so hard, my big was black and blue for a few days afterwords. 

There is no such thing as enough points.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Viperules700 said:

Not sure.... she keeps waffling back and forth but anything I can do to get in her good books is a plus.

27 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Not sure.... she keeps waffling back and forth but anything I can do to get in her good books is a plus.

New 4 legged ride coming soon I bet too. 

8 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

New 4 legged ride coming soon I bet too. 

I don't want to go down that road... she's sobbing still this morning. Once she retired she was at the barn almost daily.

George has good days and bad.... Place is definitely not the same without Terry...

Archived