NRSA Season 2016/2017

I looked inside the car and there was an empty box for an air rifle.  Hopefully, this guy isn't plinking birds for the dog to chew on.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it illegal to drive on a snowmobile trail that is actually a camp road?

1 hour ago, KCC said:

I saw the impala around 4:30pm this afternoon, I believe they are coming in the Bronson road then down to 131/132 function. I got the plate number and I put up some caution tape as well. No one was around the car, but noticed footprints human & dog. Shawn was the car gone when you were out for your ripe?  Hope that Brenda & your baby got home safe!  Bye for now KC

Yup car was gone. I seen the tires tracks tho where it had been.   I wonder if they are going into a camp or something, walking, fishing or ?????

Made it to Mattawa for lunch. 

Awesome all the way up. 

Not busy here either at the Golf n Ski. 

Another wonderful 286kms today. 

The one guy that came up to go riding today with me kept thanking me at every stop for inviting them up. Neither have been up this way and were extremley excited to ride the excellent trails provided.   

They wanted to be able to thank the club(s) for the great day they had.  

Please pass on my and their thanks Karen to the gang!    The trails were WAY beyond their expectations. 

Another awesome weekend of sledding on the NRSA trails!  Kudos to the club in keeping the trails in formidable shape this season.  Hopefully, they will last another couple of weeks.

Weather wise not looking too favourable for the hopes of the trails staying open, but, cant complain, has been a pretty good season up this way.  Ive got around 3600kms on, last yr i had 1000kms only. 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, shawnj said:

Yup car was gone. I seen the tires tracks tho where it had been.   I wonder if they are going into a camp or something, walking, fishing or ?????

Could have a cottage in the area and have no idea his summer time camp road, is a snowmobile trail in the winter. I know people like this, that live near markdale.

Not much we can do about the car, as it is crown land.  He maybe out walking his dog or he could be working in the bush marking trees for future work. It seem only to be there some days during the work week.  But soon the car will get struck coming in the bronson road and it will cost him big bucks to get it out!

Yes that road can get some nasty come melt down.  I was up part way last spring to go for a walk and needed 4x4 just to get up the first hill to park at the top.  

18 hours ago, KCC said:

Not much we can do about the car, as it is crown land.  He maybe out walking his dog or he could be working in the bush marking trees for future work. It seem only to be there some days during the work week.  But soon the car will get struck coming in the bronson road and it will cost him big bucks to get it out!

I like your way of thinking. At least it isn't a 4x4 jeep tearing up the trails right :-), like someone else reported was heading down the trail. :-(. Is it crown land because it is close to the park? Never realized there was that much crown land on east side of park, outside of the park boundaries.

All I know since I moved here 9 years ago is that there is some crown land around here, but not sure the reason.

Were the trails groomed at all this week?  Or are they parked for the season?  Probably last weekend of riding?

I think some were groomed this week. 

We're up in Stonecliff for the wknd now and they said groomer was heading out soon here. 6" of fresh snow today. 

NRSA Trails are now CLOSED for the season!

The NRSA executive would like to take this opportunity to thank our dedicated volunteers for their hard work to ensure we had awesome trails to ride! Thanks to our landowners without you, we would not have a great trail system!  Lastly, we would like to thank our permit buyers and supporters for your continuing support!

2 hours ago, KCC said:

NRSA Trails are now CLOSED for the season!

The NRSA executive would like to take this opportunity to thank our dedicated volunteers for their hard work to ensure we had awesome trails to ride! Thanks to our landowners without you, we would not have a great trail system!  Lastly, we would like to thank our permit buyers and supporters for your continuing support!

Thank you for a great season, certainly one of our favourite areas to ride, See you next season!!

I rode so much up your way, I think my next year's permit will come from your club again.  Usually, I switch each year, but your take were just so awesome.

It looks like Missing Links SC is gunning to keep their trails open for another weekend, so my season may not be over just yet.B)

Archived