NRSA Season 2016/2017

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Missed the rain again then. 

No, we got rain for sure, quite a bit since late afternoon yesterday.  Turned to light snow around 5:30 tonight here in Petawawa.

Ground is pretty saturated with moisture that it turns to mush when you  step on the new snow.  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shawnj said:

No, we got rain for sure, quite a bit since late afternoon yesterday.  Turned to light snow around 5:30 tonight here in Petawawa.

Ground is pretty saturated with moisture that it turns to mush when you  step on the new snow.  

Darn, you guys have been lucky to miss rain most of the season, figured maybe this time too. Hopefully you can get a few more rides in if things turn around. Hopefully next year more snow in the south, so trails aren't so busy :) 

Well it got cold, that was a good thing.   Hard to say how much snow we got with the wind blowing it around.  A few inches at the least I'd guess.  The hope for trails out in the open may be slim as I'd be betting they are wind swept.   The good thing about the NRSA and Missing Link area is there is very little road running and quite a bit of trails through the bush.  There is a Poker Run in Stonecliff this Saturday, would be nice to get out but we have Eric Church Tickets in Ottawa the night before and its an hour and half drive back home afterwards.  Will have to see how we feel early Saturday morning and see if the trails are favourable to load up the sled.   Did you get much accumulation up there KCC ?

Shawn

We got about 4 to 5 inches of snow last  night, our dedicated volunteers groomer operators are working very hard right now, we are hoping to be able to open for the weekend.  Stand by for an update from our facebook page as well as the OFSC ITG if we are successful! 

11 minutes ago, KCC said:

We got about 4 to 5 inches of snow last  night, our dedicated volunteers groomer operators are working very hard right now, we are hoping to be able to open for the weekend.  Stand by for an update from our facebook page as well as the OFSC ITG if we are successful! 

Cudos to all the Volunteers! 

Look for some good news tomorrow!  Hoping to re-open some trails!

1 hour ago, KCC said:

Look for some good news tomorrow!  Hoping to re-open some trails!

Thank-You for your hard work and dedication. The area is a real gem to ride mid week. Will be back next year again for sure.

The good news is here!  NRSA trails are opened yellow (limited) except club trails 136 & 137 will remain closed. 

More good news is here!  NRSA trails are opened green (go to go) except club trails 136 & 137 will remain closed and A101Q is limited. 

NRSA Trail are now CLOSED! Let's hope we get some more snow soon!

11 hours ago, KCC said:

NRSA Trail are now CLOSED! Let's hope we get some more snow soon!

image.jpg

Good news!  NRSA trails are now opened LIMITED, but trails 130, 136 & 137 will remain CLOSED 

19 minutes ago, KCC said:
Good news!  NRSA trails are now opened LIMITED, but trails 130, 136 & 137 will remain CLOSED 

Awesome!  What is the surface like?  Is there lube for the sliders?  Or are scratchers necessary?

Had a very light dusting of snow last night, it's cold out today. It is going to be hard packed as we had rain & ice pellets early on in the week.  If you have cratchers I would bring them.  Yesterday it was not bad at all as it was milder. I did not go out today, but groomer has been busy at work.  Hope this helps.

Thanks...I didn't have time to install/fab up my ski scratchers, but I think I'll bring my cable scratchers and see if I can install them if I need them.

I have no scratchers so probably parked unless warms a bit for some loose snow for me.  Was walking on the trail here yesterday here in Pet,  (near the scene of the snowmobiler nearly in river incident), 

trail was rock hard.  

I love those day's though when you can stop along the trail and just soak up the sun.

I don't have ice scratchers & I was fine yesterday! No problem, planning to go for a ride now as well. 

I'm in Deep River right now. I think the trails are in the best shape this year!   Trails are smooth everywhere, all the way to Stonecliffe.  Super hard base with plenty of lube. 

Come one, come all! 

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

I'm in Deep River right now. I think the trails are in the best shape this year!   Trails are smooth everywhere, all the way to Stonecliffe.  Super hard base with plenty of lube. 

Come one, come all! 

Rub it in you guy's.  LOL

Looks darn cold out there with the strong wind, no?

Maybe tomorrow. 

My slides are nearly due to be changed, over 15000kms on them so far.

Im surprised there is enough soft snow for lube and cooling, must be the sun shine creating such.

How's the washout's, any around? If alone and I  got stuck Id be walking.  

No washouts... Like i said, best conditions of the year. It doesn't look like they got much rain earlier this week and a dusting of snow thereafter.  

Not much traffic today at all. I think everyone thinks the season is done... But it's not.  Amazing, the difference from just a 2 hour drive from Ottawa can bring.  

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

No washouts... Like i said, best conditions of the year. It doesn't look like they got much rain earlier this week and a dusting of snow thereafter.  

Not much traffic today at all. I think everyone thinks the season is done... But it's not.  Amazing, the difference from just a 2 hour drive from Ottawa can bring.  

You riding sunday as well?

130 miles Sat from Deep River PnR... agree with above.. best conditions of the year..  and that won't change anytime soon based on the hard ice base and forecast. More details in a HCS post.  Best to have studs, as there is some ice hiding underneath.... zero issue with studs

Warming truck up to go over and load sled.   May go right to Deep River Park & Ride today.  

Probably looking to experience some frozen finger tips but thats ok!  Sometimes the cheaper gloves/mitts are better than the gold lined ones. :rolleyes:

I stayed in deep river last night and hit the trails again. Once again, trails are still in great shape.  So, I've opted to stay another night.  I'm just enjoying them so much.

26 minutes ago, Grimm said:

I stayed in deep river last night and hit the trails again. Once again, trails are still in great shape.  So, I've opted to stay another night.  I'm just enjoying them so much.

They were terific. I unloaded here in Deep at the park n ride. Was full up in there today. I was the last truck out.  Hit the trail around 2 and back to truck at 6:30ish.  214.4 kms.  I ended up on the 197 and did the whole thing.  First 14km or so pretty icy and definatley NO lube here , but no issues.    Quite suprised and amazed how great they were.  May have to leave sled on trailer tonight just in case...

Archived