NRSA Season 2016/2017

Forgot to mention, i was heading south on the 131 and about 2 km north of the 132 junction, while rounding a corner, nearly meet a green Jeep head on.  He was driving right in the middle of the trail!  Wtf!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the tire marks this morning over on the 131 near the rail bed, looked like he got on at Stewart's lane.   Glad to hear you are okay.

Seen a black half ton last wknd on the A trail not far from the 131junction deep river end. He was stuck half onto the trail. No one around.  

When i came down A last night i decided to take the 131 until the little short cut back onto the A Trail.  When i got back on the A i noticed the groomer had headed west. If i had of kept going rather than take the 131 i would of met up with it along the way. Kinda glad i didnt to be honest.  Being out for 4 plus hours and not seeing much of anything in the way of sleds, it probably would of startled the you know what outta me.  Good thing is, i have a habbit of riding the shoulder sort of speaking.   Was also thinking as i was riding along yesterday, if my FZ6 had studs,  i think i could of ran the trails on it!!   I did see a couple spots that if i had some flagging tape i would of thrown up, nothing too bad tho, yet.  Up on missing link trail they had set up two. orange pilons about 100yds on either side of a rough spot.   That was nice to see but oviously we cant do that to them all so as season winds down keep in mind there will likely be more spots to be cautious of.  And with the trails being as hard and flat as they are currently, those spots can come up on you Real quick.   Normally i never have to use the brakes on my Apex, but, i did give them a bit of a test a cpl times yesterday, successfully at that.   

Now there is a silver impala broken down at the 131 132 junction!  Nobody around though. 

What is going on? 

51 minutes ago, Grimm said:

Now there is a silver impala broken down at the 131 132 junction!  Nobody around though. 

What is going on? 

Hmmmm, somebody slip'n  away for a little nookie maybe, LOL, Did you look and make sure they were ok????:huh:

Day's are getting longer, or, is that supposed to work the other way around, less sunlight entering the eye's, or is that just work for sheep?    I dunno, I read about it somewhere, okay. 

Hi Grimm,

Thanks for the posting about the car, I just called a volunteer who is going over to check it out. 

Car is gone!  

Was it gone when your volunteer showed up, or did the club remove it?

Off to check them there trails out again for the day. :D

The car was gone when he got there. 

Shawn, May see you out on the trails, heading out around 12:30pm. I'm be the lone rider on grey/blue vector

32 minutes ago, KCC said:

The car was gone when he got there. 

Shawn, May see you out on the trails, heading out around 12:30pm. I'm be the lone rider on grey/blue vector

We are just at deep river park n ride now. Plan is to head west to missing link , do a cpl loops, gas up and then likely 130's here before loading up. 

So likely be around the Rolphton turn off around the 12:30 to 12:45.  Will watch for u. 

Just going out now to put a couple stop ahead sign on the posts, then going to head down to put them up where the logging area on TOPS A & over across to stewart lane at the 131 to put the other signup.  If you want to come down the 138 to our place you are more than welcome. It be about closer to 1pm before I ready to head out. If not I will be heading down the tops a heading west toward Missing Link.  So hopeful see you on the trails. 

Just at stopping place. Heading west ward.   Not familiar with the logging area but will watch for it

See you on the trail!

Another awesome easy 180kms today.  Thanks for meeting up and letting us join you on the ride today Karen!

Trails are Mint Mint Mint.  Groomer was headed west, seen it at the stopping place around 6:15pm ish. 

Didn't look like they had plowed anything on that A Trail as of tonight Karen.  Looks like they may of gone straight across toward the 131 possibly. 

I heard tonight that they may not plow the a-trail for now, they may just drive their half tons trucks down to where they are going to cut.  You may be right about just going down the 131 for that 1 km, I should have more info tomorrow.  Sure was great to get out on sled ride with both of you.

Hoping to get out again over the weekend.  May see what the conditions are like from Petawawa later today and see if its worth or even possible to get up to the NRSA trails from here.

May have a buddy coming up from Smith Falls area for the weekend, not sure yet, but would be nice to get out with him for a rip as well as it be his first time sledding up this far. (new to sleding)   I think he was hoping to just leave from here in Pet but not sure about that yet.  I see trailers parked at hotel here and they must be leaving from here but from my little drive yesterday down towards Pembroke, trails were not very nice looking at all.  Pretty sure the staging areas will be packed up that way again this weekend.  There was 10 or 12 trailers at the Deep River staging area last Sunday afternoon still.  Excellent spot to ride from and nice to see the area providing such conveniences for us sledders, (both club and town contributions)  

There is about 8 trailers in the Deep River staging area this morning, just got back from town. I was out yesterday and trails were in great shape, I'm heading out with a friend on the trails shortly. 

Trails are great again today!

BTW, that silver Impala is parked at the junction of 131 & 132 again. 

You staying in Deep again Grimm?

i just did a quick rip from Pet to Deep and back.  A bit choppy ( same washboard ) getting out of Pet. 5kms out it gets a bit better then much improved once at the NRSA junction.  Could tell A East had been recently groomed however the warm sun and traffic is chewing it up, not bad but quite noticeable.  

Likely trailer up early am hopefully.  Hoping trails hold up for the day. 

Yeah I think that tomorrow, the trails are gonna get beat to hell.

Saturday we are trailering to the Park & Ride in Rolphton and snowmobiling to Mattawa Golf 'N' Ski for lunch and back, probably our last ride of the season.

Decided to go for another rip tonite.  Trailered to deep river.   Geting mucky. ( the park n ride) Trucks and trailers kinda parked all over.  Not very nice for getting around them but managed. 

On the 132 now. Nice out here. 

Nice little rip of the 130's and back the A trail.  Seen groomer almost out to the hwy17.  Someone , Somehow , talked me into letting her drive my sled solo back from Deep to Petawawa while i bring the truck and trialer back.   Her first solo venture so here i sit waiting for my baby to arrive , and Brenda too of course.  ;-)

I saw the impala around 4:30pm this afternoon, I believe they are coming in the Bronson road then down to 131/132 function. I got the plate number and I put up some caution tape as well. No one was around the car, but noticed footprints human & dog. Shawn was the car gone when you were out for your ripe?  Hope that Brenda & your baby got home safe!  Bye for now KC

Archived