NRSA Season 2016/2017

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KCC said:

Trails were awesome today! 

Rub it in. LOL. 

Maybe, just maybe i will go out early tomorrow.  Was going to this afternoon and head one way or the other, likely up that way, but the trail here looked pretty sloppy.  

Supposed to go down to -7 overnight i think so might firm up overnight and with any luck i will be able to ride a smooth trail outta Petawawa yet this year, keeping my fingers crossed. LOL. 

21 hours ago, KCC said:

Trails were awesome today! 

Beauty day out here today too!

293kms today. 

Trail out of Petawawa was actually pretty good today.  Anything that was groomed in the night held up pretty good today due to it being a bit colder last night i think.  

Rode some pretty smooth back trails most of the way back from as far up as Bisset Creek then shortcut across to the 130's.  Did all of them and even come back the 134 to the 131.  Didnt run 131 west though today. The  A - trail more choppy up that way than normally ive found.  Hardly seen anyone on the back trails today but lots on the A trail.  

Shawn, Thanks for the update!

We decided to ride over in Quebec yesterday, we left from the Swisha. We had a great time about 12 inches of fresh snow on the trails, so we had a good time packing trails!

Groomer was out yesterday did trail 134 & 136, last night it did the TOPS A east.  Later this afternoon the groomer will left the shed about 2:30pm & head west of the TOPS A- from Deep River to club line with Missing Link, then head east on the TOPS A from Deep River to club line with Keenta.  Tomorrow night weather permitting the groomer will be heading west on the TOPS A from Deep River to club line with Missing Link.

On February 12, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Gadgetman said:

Agree. Did the re-route yesterday afternoon, was good having had snow the night before, re-route is well marked - thank you club (Perhaps you can make the sign noting that the trail is closed to inconsiderate riders MUCH BIGGER :-). It may become a challenge later in the month as the sun gets higher. 

Whole trip was 235KM, about 7 hrs with lunch stop and fuel in BB. Like you said, rail bed had me standing in many spots but most of the other trails were good. Trail 155 is a hidden jewel.

Wilno Re-route.png

11 Feb 17 Actual.png

Did this same route solo today.  Was a strong 8/10.  236kms round trip. 

Traffic was not heavy either.  That 155 is awesome.  Didnt see a sled on it or the B trail until the intersection towards round lake area.   The 155 was barely tracked and was still hard even after lunch as was the B , until closer to pembroke 

16 hours ago, shawnj said:

Did this same route solo today.  Was a strong 8/10.  236kms round trip. 

Traffic was not heavy either.  That 155 is awesome.  Didnt see a sled on it or the B trail until the intersection towards round lake area.   The 155 was barely tracked and was still hard even after lunch as was the B , until closer to pembroke 

Glad you liked it. I'll make it my goto ride when looking for a day trip from Pembroke. 

38 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Glad you liked it. I'll make it my goto ride when looking for a day trip from Pembroke. 

I thought you were maybe from Pembroke area but see your Ottawa way.  Was gonna pm you yesterday to see if you were out and about.

Hopefully winter will return again for us , for a few weeks anyways

1 hour ago, shawnj said:

I thought you were maybe from Pembroke area but see your Ottawa way.  Was gonna pm you yesterday to see if you were out and about.

Hopefully winter will return again for us , for a few weeks anyways

Yesterday ended up being prep day for the sled and trailer. (Found the front shock springs had backed way off - explains all the ski lift). Leave Saturday for New Brunswick for the annual week long sled trip. Up North are always fantastic trails, but after 16 years of up North, some out of province trips are a welcome change. We did the Gaspe loop 2 years ago, and as we have a NB native who joined us last year, replacing my brother (who now winters in Florida)this year it is NB.

9 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Yesterday ended up being prep day for the sled and trailer. (Found the front shock springs had backed way off - explains all the ski lift). Leave Saturday for New Brunswick for the annual week long sled trip. Up North are always fantastic trails, but after 16 years of up North, some out of province trips are a welcome change. We did the Gaspe loop 2 years ago, and as we have a NB native who joined us last year, replacing my brother (who now winters in Florida)this year it is NB.

Ok Im in!!  LOL. 

That be an awesome experience down there.  Especially the Gaspe

With this mild weather NRSA has moved the TOPS A trail to limited (yellow on the OFSC interactive map), all other trails remain green at this time.  Let's hope the colder weather returns soon!

10 minutes ago, KCC said:

With this mild weather NRSA has moved the TOPS A trail to limited (yellow on the OFSC interactive map), all other trails remain green at this time.  Let's hope the colder weather returns soon!

and more :snow-141:        

NRSA trails are now opened as LIMITED (YELLOW ON THE OFSC INTERACTIVE MAP).

As of today and due to weather conditions NRSA trail system are now CLOSED until further evaluation can be made next week when the forecast and trail conditions become clearer.  

Was gonna click "Like" but,. Just couldnt do it. LOL. 

What a weird somewhat sucky winter.  

Just seen 4 sleds travelling in petawa in the pouring rain.  Kinda brings back memories of my one and only RAP tour.  Hit pretty much every possible precipitation that week. Not a very pleasant feeling sitting in soaked clothes.  

I sure hope old man winter returns this week!

21 minutes ago, KCC said:

I sure hope old man winter returns this week!

If he does, I hope he brings friends, lots of them!

Was contemplating a Cochrane trip, but too far for a solo trip. 

44 minutes ago, ontariokid95 said:

Heard groomer was out in Pembroke today, any word on conditions and how the trails handled the warm up?

Really????  Cant imagine there is much to groom, 

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, shawnj said:

Really????  Cant imagine there is much to groom, 

Says rain tonight too. Wait  and see.

We are hoping to get the snow later today! Time will tell!

6 hours ago, KCC said:

We are hoping to get the snow later today! Time will tell!

Calling for a couple cms here in Petawawa starting within the hour.  Not sure if we can handle all that LOL.  

Maybe there was supposed to be another digit and a decimal after the 2??

1 hour ago, shawnj said:

Calling for a couple cms here in Petawawa starting within the hour.  Not sure if we can handle all that LOL.  

Maybe there was supposed to be another digit and a decimal after the 2??

Missed the rain again then. 

The weather network states that it's snowing in Deep River... Bring it on!

About 1/2" on step at of 20:00. 

Archived