Arnies Cat House

snowchopper

They moved to right behind the Ultramar.. Stopped in there a few days ago, new store is really nice.

From an earlier thread:

The new line up at Highway 11 and South Mary Lake Road.

The Ultramar was newly reopened last year.

Cindy's Café reopened this spring in the former Henrietta's Bakery outlet beside Dean's Home Hardware.

Arnie and Bev moved around the corner to their new Cat House location over the summer. They have a nice showroom of more than 4,000 square feet plus bigger and better service bays in the 2,000 square foot shop. Also a larger fenced yard and more convenient covered storage for sleds awaiting service or pick up.

Click for map of intersection at South Mary Lake Road and Highway 11.

attachicon.gifPort Sydney 2.jpg

where was the pump and barrel ? 

I'm pretty sure it was on Greer Rd just north of the Pt Sydney Road (SE of the infamous culvert under Hwy 11).

We stayed there 1 night back in '97 during a cluster$%^& of a RAP tour.

I'm pretty sure it was on Greer Rd just north of the Pt Sydney Road (SE of the infamous culvert under Hwy 11).

Bingo.

Bingo.

Is there any building remaining? I'm never thru there w/o the TT hooked up, so "exploring" is out of the question.

Is there any building remaning? I'm never thru there w/o the TT hooked up, so "exploring" is out of the question.

The building is there and recognizable, though quite decrepit - - like the livers of it's old patrons.

We're all showing our age if we remember the Pump and Barrel. I stayed there one night with my wife, she won't let me forget it.

The building is there and recognizable, though quite decrepit - - like the livers of it's old patrons.

Made it down to see it today after all. Went to see if a cousin that lives in Utterson was home. She wasn't so I headed over to check out the Inn. OMG, what a mess! Is the roof intact or has it caved in?

The Long Branch (closed) north of the Still River OPP on 69 looks more inviting.

Every time I read "Arnie's Cat House" I envision a grubby establishment with "live" entertainment ..... lol !

Every time I read "Arnie's Cat House" I envision a grubby establishment with "live" entertainment ..... lol !

In the eyes of a non snowmobiler!

you have met Bev?

Lol, Bill I had the same thought but didn't have the courage to say it...LMAO...

Lol, Bill I had the same thought but didn't have the courage to say it...LMAO...

LOL

Confucious says you're a wise man.

Never had the pleasure. ... lol

She always treated me well.

All kidding aside, they are both really nice and have helped us out a few times when Electric shields were having issues.... If I were to ever buy a Cat and that's highly unlikely I would buy from them...

All kidding aside, they are both really nice and have helped us out a few times when Electric shields were having issues.... If I were to ever buy a Cat and that's highly unlikely I would buy from them...

C'mon Nunz.... leave the dark side and ride a Cat... once you ride Cat you never go back.

He's ridden my Cats a few times, and he still goes back to Polaris. Just like buttertarts I guess. Varying tastes.

Archived