late season cochrane trip

ToSlow

I going to do the loop this year even if I have to run it in mud and dirt.

I'm going march 21st or the 28th

Hey Lucky, I"m likely heading up that way March 15.  

The four of us are leaving home next Sunday. 26th trip in 27 years for the 4 of us. Starting in Liskeard /Timmins /Hearst/ Cochrane / Canyon daytrip/ back to Liskeard on Friday. Maybe we'll see some of you OCer's up there.

hope we're still doing that mid april run...,of course we'll be moving north as trails close around here

guys I have to jump in with my opinion here.  trophy hunter and I did the canyon loop last week and  I have to say  what a waste of gas. if you like 100 kms an hours on straight and flat terrain its for you . with the exception of the gorge there is absolutely nothing scenic about this trip and gas at extreme tours is 250 a litre so carry extra if you can.

Count me in... I'll be there...

hope we're still doing that mid april run...,of course we'll be moving north as trails close around here

Any of you guys who posted interested in a 5 day trip from Kapuskasing to Dubreillville and back?  

Sunday March 15 drive truck and trailer to Kap (spend the night in Kap and early start in am)

sled Monday March 16 long 420 km ride from Kap to Dub (spend the night in Dub)

sled Tuesday March 17 ride trails around Wawa and Dub and back to Hornepayne to spend the night

sled Wednesday March 18 ride trails around Hornepayne and back to ride some Hearst trails and spend the night in Hearst

sled Thursday March 19 ride back to Kap and ride a plethora of trails around Kap

sled Friday March 20 undecided but could head up east side of canyon and back down east side returning to Kap (might be boring so undecided)

Saturday March 21 drive home.

about 2000 total km or riding.  First day is by far the longest and most days are in the 300-400 km range.  Adjustments can always be made along the way.  I always carry extra gas on my Renegade 800

guys I have to jump in with my opinion here.  trophy hunter and I did the canyon loop last week and  I have to say  what a waste of gas. if you like 100 kms an hours on straight and flat terrain its for you . with the exception of the gorge there is absolutely nothing scenic about this trip and gas at extreme tours is 250 a litre so carry extra if you can.

We did the canyon loop as well this past week. I found that like a lot of trails in the northern corridor, it is pretty straight and a bit boring at times. I guess if you have the appetite to maintain 80-100 MPH for the duration, then it may be exciting!! On the trail up to the canyon from Cochrane, we each got buzzed in succession by a low flying chopper. Pretty cool.

The hydro line back down to Smooth Rock is brutally straight and flat. 

So I found a third guy, but now the first guy has had to cancel.  Arggg

If you want to join in for 5 days of riding from Cochrane to Hearst to Dubreillville and back, (4 days there and back, plus one day out to the Quebec border and back) send me a PM.

Was planning on leaving from London on Sunday, and ride M-F, drive home Sat.

Archived