New Snowmobile Trailers...

Turbo Doo

We just recently purchased a fully enclosed (drive in-back out) Triton Snowmobile Trailer from Scott Rienhart Trailer sales in Shelburne, Ont. Just wanted to pass along some info here. Any one looking for a new trailer, i highly recommend them. If your in the market for a new Triton, id give them a call. Good guys to deal with, never had a problem. Top notch.

Thanks to Scott Reinhart Trailer Sales.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good info. If it is a dual axle make sure you get your truck and trailer certified each year and get the stickers put in place.

No problem. Cops were targeting sledders last winter with the dual axle trailers and fining them since they didn't have certification. You are only allowed 9900 Ibs between trailer and tow vehicle before needing certification. Most pickups are around 6000 Ibs alone.

back the truck up whats all this about i have a 4 up trailer and have no clue what your talking about

back the truck up whats all this about i have a 4 up trailer and have no clue what your talking about

If your tow vechicle and trailer weigh more then 9900 ibs you need to get both Safetied and certified once a year. If you are pulling a dual axle enclosed trailer with pickup you will be easily over the weight. The fines are steep and cops target people with the dual axles knowing they are over weight.

From the MTO website

Annual Inspection and Safety Standards Certificate:

• Trucks, trailers and converter dollies alone or in combination with a total gross weight, registered gross weight or manufacturer’s GVWR exceeding 4,500 kg.

"Truck" includes, but is not limited to, truck tractors, straight trucks, pickup trucks, curb side/cube vans, trade vans/panel trucks, and passenger vans and two and four wheel drive sport utility vehicles while being used to transport cargo, other than personal effects, with one or more of the vehicle's rear seats removed. This applies regardless of how the vehicle is plated, e.g., car, truck or farm plated.

"Trailer" includes, but is not limited to, boat, snowmobile, livestock, and general purpose utility trailers. "Trailer" does not include devices such as tar pots, portable welders, cement mixers, compressors, farm implements such as farm wagons, etc.

I'm shocked that the MTO has just not made it mandatory to have every trailer inspected every year. Sure there would be an outcry..but it's the government so they don't care.

I'm shocked that the MTO has just not made it mandatory to have every trailer inspected every year. Sure there would be an outcry..but it's the government so they don't care.

There are indeed some pretty sad trailers going down the road that likely shouldn't actually be out there.

Nice Trailer! Triton is a great trailer. If you ever have any issues Call Paul at Alumite Enterprises. Great guy to deal with and a good family friend. Even if you don`t have anything wrong with it, he will grease and look over the trailer.

Scott is also good to deal with.

If we are giving out endorsements... I bought a Blizzard SnoSquall manufactured in Boone New York last spring from Wild Bill. So far I haven't pulled it a lot but don't plan on it... fingers crossed. If we get the snow I am hoping for it will be more for storage. Either way I did a lot of research before I bought one and looked at a lot of trailers. There were some out there that were more money but didn't seem to offer more value for that more money. Then there were some that were less money and clearly showed that in the construction.

Wild Bill was absolutely great to deal with. The price was right for sure. Even if I drove to New York to pick one up at the factory I would have paid a bit more plus my time and mileage. Recommend both the trailer and Wild Bill.

Also if anyone wants a clamshell trailer I have a Northtrail for sale including a new spare wheel, bearing protectors, tongue jack, ski tracks and traction mats.

I also purchased a Blizzard enclosed 4 place trailer from Rosseau Road Powersports and Marine (south of Parry Sound).

Drove up to Gowgama and locally last year.

It's well built and I look forward to many years of use.

Thanks Wildbill and family. A few of us on this forum have made use of the trailer and it's been great.

Nice Trailer! Triton is a great trailer. If you ever have any issues Call Paul at Alumite Enterprises. Great guy to deal with and a good family friend. Even if you don`t have anything wrong with it, he will grease and look over the trailer.

Scott is also good to deal with.

Actually had to deal with Paul recently when we got our 2011 Triton LT-101 trailers clamshell lid replaced under warranty. Triton had some problems with the paint pealing off them. Good guy to deal with, just happend to be going by Scott Reinharts, and picked one up there instead..

I also purchased a Blizzard enclosed 4 place trailer from Rosseau Road Powersports and Marine (south of Parry Sound).

Drove up to Gowgama and locally last year.

It's well built and I look forward to many years of use.

Thanks Wildbill and family. A few of us on this forum have made use of the trailer and it's been great.

Yes, it worked well when we went to Gowganda Lake Lodge. Not sure where you went?? :poke2:

Ha ha ha.

Gowganda. You are correct, spelling guru.

so whats the cost on getting truck and trailer certified?

so whats the cost on getting truck and trailer certified?

I am not sure, since I have a single axle aluminum enclosed. Ask sled junk.

About $100 for each depending if it needs any work.

yea another 200 bones if this keeps up sledding will be only for the rich so anyone lookin for a 4 place open trailer i think its time to get rid of a few sleds

• 2 weeks later...

well one problem solved 4 place trailer is sold now one problem created anyone know of a good 2 place trailer for sale? enclosed would be sweet but probably out of the price range

well one problem solved 4 place trailer is sold now one problem created anyone know of a good 2 place trailer for sale? enclosed would be sweet but probably out of the price range

2005 Northtrail clamshell double trailer, 8.6 wide 10' long plus the bull nose for the ski tips, ski glides rubber traction mats, front hatch, spare never used tire, tongue jack, bearing buddies, ski tie down bars, floor, 8 floor mounted D rings. Primarily used for storage. Tow to the lake in the fall and used to store the sleds. Towed to indoor storage in the spring. Asking $2500 416-629-5017 Trailer is currently at Rosseau Road Powersports.

yea another 200 bones if this keeps up sledding will be only for the rich so anyone lookin for a 4 place open trailer i think its time to get rid of a few sleds

- Pretty sure it's already a rich man's sport???

- Sled - $5000 - $12000

- Trailer - $2000 - $7500

- Gear - $500 or more

- Permit - $210

- Gas/Food - $100 - $150 a day Minimum for sled and tow vehicle

- Accommodations - $75 a night if you share with a buddy. Most can't drive from home

- Average guy rides 1500km to 3000km during a season that maybe lasts as a little as 12 weeks.

- Probably works out to about $100/km. Give or take.

- I'm in no way shooting the sport down. I love it!

- I'm active in my local club, and thoroughly enjoy all the great people I meet while volunteering and while riding.

- If you want to play, you gotta pay!

- Pretty sure it's already a rich man's sport???

- Sled - $5000 - $12000

- Gear - $500 or more

- Permit - $210

- Gas/Food - $100 - $150 a day Minimum for sled and tow vehicle

- Accommodations - $75 a night if you share with a buddy. Most can't drive from home

- Average guy rides 1500km to 3000km during a season that maybe lasts as a little as 12 weeks.

- Probably works out to about $100/km. Give or take.

- I'm in no way shooting the sport down. I love it!

- I'm active in my local club, and thoroughly enjoy all the great people I meet while volunteering and while riding.

- If you want to play, you gotta pay!

Not necessarily that pricey for everyone.

Sled - $5000 - $12000

Essentially valid but you can get a good used sled or even new for the lower end of that range. New skidoo 600 liquid & electric $7000 One time cost.

If you want an open trailer (not for everybody) $1500 new. One time cost.

- Gear - $500 or more One time cost. (unless you eat & drink too much while sledding and gain some pounds)

- Permit - $210

- Gas/Food - $100 - $150 a day Minimum for sled and tow vehicle Seems high to me. I don't hit anywhere near that and I don't believe I am that far off the average person. Gas to drive from Toronto to south Muskoka in the truck $30 there and $30 back, $30 per day for sled fuel, $30 per day for food. That is $90 per day. My wife comes along and for each of us the cost becomes $75 per day since the gas for the truck is now for two. Show me where you can get a full day enjoyment for $75 a day. Not golf, not skiing and if you look at the cost per pound of fishing don't even think about it. I know lots of people who will drop $100 Friday night after work hanging out at the bar with friends.

- Accommodations - $75 a night if you share with a buddy. Most can't drive from home Lots of accomodation for a lot less. For me all I want is someplace clean to have a shower and sleep then sled the next day. I don't need 5 star, a large suite with whirlpool tub and more. It didn't cost me $150 a night for Hidden Valley last family day weekend.

- Probably works out to about $100/km. Give or take. Kind of high again

Depends where you live, costs me about 120 to go to hailburton one way for truck fuel alone. It is 365 km one way for me. With my enclosed I use 20 liters of fuel per 100km on average. Have to love the new info computers on Vechiles. I stay with family, so it costs me a few cases of beer and a few breakfast out. So not too bad at all.

Archived