New Snowmobile Trailers...

Turbo Doo

So I can buy a 40 feet camper trail with a built in toy hauler and safetly go down the road with no inspection stickers. What a stupid rule.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I can buy a 40 feet camper trail with a built in toy hauler and safetly go down the road with no inspection stickers. What a stupid rule.

Don't count on it they may count the ability of hauling other vehicles as a "commercial" use.

In order to be a camper it must have permanentt washroom and sewage facilities ,permanent kitchen and cooking facilities as well as grey water tank and fresh water tank as well proper living quarters. Then it must have no commercial uses or business ownership.

Even if the camper was never equipped?

Guys it's not as easy as throwing a mattress in your trailer and thinking its an Rv believe me just ask iceprick, he has what I would consider a true Rv/car hauler and he still got nailed.

These regs are absolutely retarded, in fact I would argue that they are that way to confuse us in the hopes the more charges stick in court.

My best advice if your not sure about your weight combo is to go to a weigh scale, weigh your set up and then print the laws from the Mto website and carry them with you at all times.

Clear as mud indeed.

It's not what your combo actually weighs. It's what your combined RGVW is which is what you are capable of carrying. You don't need scales. Just look at the sticker on your trailer and truck for the RGVW then add them together. Over 9900 and you need to be inspected even if you are running with the trailer empty.

It's not what your combo actually weighs. It's what your combined RGVW is which is what you are capable of carrying. You don't need scales. Just look at the sticker on your trailer and truck for the RGVW then add them together. Over 9900 and you need to be inspected even if you are running with the trailer empty.

Actually it's the greater of:

• Actual weight (from scale)
  • Registered weight (from ownership)
  • Gross vehicle weight rating (door sticker)

For my truck the registered weight is less than the GVWR (not sure why the dealership registered it that way, maybe less registration fees?) which is less than actual weight (including load).

In this case it was the combo weight and the "Badges" interpretation of what the trailer was being used for, commerical or personal.

Trust me if you think you know the law you DON'T this is such a grey area its not even funny!!!!!

As I stated I think they wrote it the way they did to make chatrges stick as NO ONE can understand it

Archived