RAP Tour

b-bry

wives just dont get our needs. :drool2: hope she likes the new trailer i am buying her for her birthday :nana:

wow... great minds think alike... I bought a new trailer last spring.... hope yours goes over better than mine did

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would guess there is lots of options for this your, when I did it I left right from my front doorstep near fenlon falls day 1 left at 6 am headed for haliburton up b103 stopped for breakfast and fuel there, lunch and fuel in whitney and fuel and hotel in petawawa first day, think it was the comfort inn beside the yamaha dealer, great rooms saunas and amazing continental breakfast, day 2 was to north bay got fuel in stonecliff and at one end of lake nonbonsing stayed at one of the local hotels again good rooms and service day 3 north bay back to fenlon 400km last day and it was a tough one, got fuel at the sandy lake resort (closed tuesdays if that matters) and the guy running the pumps won't fill you up unless you have a permit(nice idea) and again got fuel in dorset did some lake running to shave some time.

next time take 4 days and explore some more side trails drive slower eat more

I think that this RAP Tour is an important item that should always be available on the first page of the Forum, rather than starting a new RAP thread every few weeks.

too often, sledders just start a new thread rather than searching for info that is already there.

I've asked Sledjunk to either pin this thread or start a forum on Tours.

If you agree or disagree, let's hear you're opinion.

Agreed. Let's start with the 10 best tours around North Bay ( :D and watch Bbakernbay's blood pressure rise as trail usage spikes).

In all seriousness, tours should be pinned.

The rap tour is a great local loop.The wife and i leave from our house in Bewdley(just south of Peterbough) stay in Dwight, North Bay,Rolften and then Bancroft. We ride all week days to avoid traffic .There are many good trails that you need to ride while crossing the top of the A. park. These include the N.Bay club trails, take them to Mattawa instead of main a trail.. as well as the missing link system. Don't rush your trip from N.Bay to Pembrook. Hope you have a great ride and if you want to venture to a bigger ride i put on the N.O.S. 1000 SNOW TOUR.

SEE YOU ON THE TRAIL JEREMY

hey sled whats the nos 1000 going to need a trip to look forward too after the rap this coming winter

• 1 month later...

been doing sopme more figuring here. will be staying in mattawa then kearny there doesnt seem to be many spots for gas around northbay will be coming in on nb301 any sugestions? how accurate are the mileages on the ofsc interactive trail map? which by the way is now working perfectly

been doing sopme more figuring here. will be staying in mattawa then kearny there doesnt seem to be many spots for gas around northbay will be coming in on nb301 any sugestions? how accurate are the mileages on the ofsc

interactive trail map? which by the way is now

working perfectly

When are you going. Maybe I can tag along. There is gas if you know where to go. There is fuel at Tilden lake just past the dinner dinner bell.

been doing sopme more figuring here. will be staying in mattawa then kearny there doesnt seem to be many spots for gas around northbay will be coming in on nb301 any sugestions? how accurate are the mileages on the ofsc interactive trail map? which by the way is now working perfectly

BBaker's advice above is bang on (as usual). We were newbies to this area last last year and easily found both gas stations. You basically go to a large Map set up on Trout Lake and it points to the gas stations.

We're in the early stages of planning a RAP tour and our first night may be at Dinner Bell in Bonfield. Gas up at either of the two places mentioned above.

The Dinner Bell is highly recommended by me for:

Book early, it only has 8 or 9 motel units.

- Very reasonable room rates compared to North Bay

- Right on the trail with your sleds at front door

- Great restaurant on site with delicious, huge meals at a very reasonable price, busy at noon with locals (Police, Hydro, Bell, etc.)

- Right on a great trail system of Bonfield, Mattawa & North Bay trails

Brian Baker - NBSC President

- 8 kms east on Highway 17 is Gagne's with Esso Gas, Home Hardware, Beer, LCBO, Food & Groceries but not on trail

thinkin last week in jan or 1st in feb viperules leaving from buddies place near pembroke(safe place to leave everything) 1st night is mattawa 2nd kearny 3rd haliburton then back to pembroke

The Dinner Bell is highly recommended by me for:

Book early, it only has 8 or 9 motel units.

- Very reasonable room rates compared to North Bay

- Right on the trail with your sleds at front door

- Great restaurant on site with delicious, huge meals at a very reasonable price, busy at noon with locals (Police, Hydro, Bell, etc.)

- Right on a great trail system of Bonfield, Mattawa & North Bay trails

Brian Baker - NBSC President

- 8 kms east on Highway 17 is Gagne's with Esso Gas, Home Hardware, Beer, LCBO, Food & Groceries but not on trail

bbakernbay I've sent you a PM.

thinkin last week in jan or 1st in feb viperules leaving from buddies place near pembroke(safe place to leave everything) 1st night is mattawa 2nd kearny 3rd haliburton then back to pembroke

I will be in hailburton at that time too. Could meet you in pembroke for the second day.

are you doing the rap viperules? we have 4 going right now. you riding with someone?

are you doing the rap viperules? we have 4 going right now. you riding with someone?

I will be in hailburton anyway's. Depending

which day you start I figured I could ride around

with you guys. I have been around the park several times just not all at once, lol. A local buddy will probabily join

me. I will book my own rooms. We will see. Try to stay at the same place and do some local loops in the early evening. Love the local trails around Kearny. Make sure you take a spin out to the ice caves.

never thought about local loops in the evening you know what they say the more the merrier

• 2 weeks later...

is there no gas around bonnefield? if i goto the top a-d one will have to run the lake to continue on. dont mind lake running buty depends on weather and how well its marked

is there no gas around bonnefield? if i goto the top a-d one will have to run the lake to continue on. dont mind lake running buty depends on weather and how well its marked

There is gas. The portage has fuel just west Believe they close at 5pm during the week. carry a siphon with you. Can get them at crappy tire for 12 bucks. Used mine several times to limp the poo into the gas station.

• 1 month later...

well the trip is all planned and booked

we leave pembroke morning of feb 5 and drive to pinestone in haliburton

then to silversands in kearny

then to mattawa golf n ski

and finally back to pembroke

with all the secondary trail i have planned ofsc trail map says 920 kms

unfortunately we are down to 2 people so if anyone wants to join in the more the merrier

maybe some of the fine people on here maybe want to join us for a days ride too

did you get your trip all figured canuk?

feb is soooo far away :hyper:

well the trip is all planned and booked

we leave pembroke morning of feb 5 and drive to pinestone in haliburton

then to silversands in kearny

then to mattawa golf n ski

and finally back to pembroke

with all the secondary trail i have planned ofsc trail map says 920 kms

unfortunately we are down to 2 people so if

anyone wants to join in the more the merrier

maybe some of the fine people on here maybe want to join us for a days ride too

did you get your trip all figured canuk?

feb is soooo far away :hyper:

Have fun. Would love to have joined you guys, but I have my holidays a week earlier. Maybe next year. Will be out a week before you, can give you an update on the conditions.

that would be great to bad ya cant take holidays a week later

that would be great to bad ya cant take holidays a week later

Sorry Bud, run my own business. Have to get back to work then, sigh. Next year I can take two weeks in Feb.

Archived