RAP Tour

b-bry

hmmmm i was thinkin pembroke to northbay would be the best trails when i added the mileage up on the map it came out to 290km so there is a difference . when you did this trip was it too short for 4 days? just thinkin a 200km day averaging 50kmph is only 4 hours riding. maybe get to destination for the day and go hit some club trails or just relax and blow the froth off a few

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't average 50 km/hr. 250 km is a good day. Time to stop for fuel, lunch etc. I have done hailburton to pembroke, pembroke to bonfield, bonfield to Kearny, Kearny back to hailburton. Total distance was 1200, but I did a bunch of side trips so I added 150km or so. Lots of neat trails around Kearny, like the ice caves, have to

take the d123. It is one heck of a fun trail to

ride. On the pipe line you should get off the a trail and ride the club trails that follow it. Everyone rides the top trails and club ones see very little traffic. You will encounter beat up trails for sure, especially near northbay, Huntsville, hailburton. Trail into northbay from the top a can take an hour, since it see's tons of traffic.

ya i want to go to the caves and i guess there is a mine up by northbay i am thinking of stoping at. those are things i need to figure is the side trips

ya i want to go to the caves and i guess there is a mine up by northbay i am thinking of stoping at. those are things i need to figure is the side trips

There are lots of ways to add mileage to this trip. Have to think about where you want to stay and what you would like to see for sure.

somewhere along the line i should head your way and sit down with a map and pick your brain. incase it isnt obvious i have never been on or planned a trip like this

somewhere along the line i should head your way and sit down with a map and pick your brain. incase it isnt obvious i have never been on or planned a trip like this

Lots of info here. Where are you located?

You can leave your trailer and Vechiles at pinestone resort in hailburton or edgewater park lodge in Kearny. Another spot is deerhurst in huntsville. Just depending on where you want to start. These are places that are friendly to sledders doing the rap tour.

i am just near woodstock i used to deliver propane out your way . i looked at the pinehurst was just worried about how the trails would be come saturday from pembroke to halibutron

i am just near woodstock i used to deliver propane out your way . i looked at the pinehurst was just worried about how the trails would be come saturday from pembroke to halibutron

It is going to be busy in every centre on Saturday afternoon. I would go to lake st Peter, from pembroke. Eat at the porterview. Great lunch and there is fuel there too. From there you can take the e trail back towards hailburton and avoid allot of traffic. Usually mint trails from there to pembroke since everyone takes the b trail. Time and distance is a tad longer by about 30km. It is usually a smoother faster ride. Maple leaf club always has great trails. Will be tricky to find a place to stay on Friday, without paying the two night minium. Good luck

didnt think about friday maybe if i book it enough in advance

didnt think about friday maybe if i book it enough in advance

I doubt it. Most places have the two night min stay on weekends, three night min stay during family day weekend. This is what I have been finding during the last few seasons.

well thats a problem maybe have to do it tuesday too friday then wonder how the trails will be on tuesday though not much time for the groomers to have been through

either that or stay at a hotel (nb or pet) on friday they wont have a minimum

well thats a problem maybe have to do it tuesday too friday then wonder how the trails will be on tuesday though not much time for the groomers to have been through

either that or stay at a hotel (nb or pet) on friday

they wont have a minimum

I would be interested in finding ones that don't too. Seems this is becoming a way to get sledders to stay two nights on weekends. All of the places I stayed last year had this rule. I travelled midweek mostly. Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday are prime times to ride.

oh ok could do it tuesday too friday will be taking thew whole week off im sure what ya up too the end of january? :drool2:

I defiantly hope to be riding open trails in Ontario. What is the age group of your group? Last year my first ride was family day long weekend. Last ride was first week in march in kearny area. For some reason they got pounded with snow that alot of other area's didn't receive.

the 4 of us are mid 40s just the guys going kind of a midlife crisis tour :icon_hyper: last year we spent a weekend in barrys bay end of jan then i went to pembroke last sledding weekend of the year in march what a great ride that was i think everyone had put their sleds away most of the trails only saw us all weekend 150miles of pure bliss then drove home in 18 degree weather on monday would sure be nice to do some riding here this winter. tell ya what meet ya in the middle for coffee

Great report S-Scott. Those 'role the dice' trips at the end of March are a lot of fun.

Great report S-Scott. Those 'role the dice' trips at the end of March are a lot of fun.

For sure! Or even the beginning of April, eh, Canuck? :lol:

It is going to be busy in every centre on Saturday afternoon. I would go to lake st Peter, from pembroke. Eat at the porterview. Great lunch and there is fuel there too. From there you can take the e trail back towards hailburton and avoid allot of traffic. Usually mint trails from there to pembroke since everyone takes the b trail. Time and distance is a tad longer by about 30km. It is usually a smoother faster ride. Maple leaf club always has great trails. Will be tricky to find a place to stay on Friday, without paying the two night minium. Good luck

I think you mean Porterville Station in LSP.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend TOP E across the Paudash & HCSA trails vs TOP B. By Sat' afternoon the weekend warriors have trashed that trail.

B trail via the park gets tons of traffic too and they logged 15km section last year. A day later I would have been riding on dirt. Always hit and miss with logging. All of the roads wear bear north of head lake along the b103. In front of sir Sams no snow left on the road. A few sections aftereloise lake was in bad shape too. I ran into a guy on a yammie four stroke stuck deep in the ditch trying to get off the road. Was around four feet deep and the snow was super soft from the

warm sun. It was only the 22 of feb.

For sure! Or even the beginning of April, eh, Canuck? :lol:

That was a blast, SJ.

Let's do it again. Did you bank those late March vacation days from last year? :icon_tinykitball::snow-141:

A day later I would have been riding on dirt. Always hit and miss with logging.

I suppose that the trick is to plan it so that if the snow 'disappears' you have alternate routes back.

Lots of good info. on the RAP tour, and will definitely stake out the RAP booth at the fall sled show.

ya i have to get to the show just scared i might do something i will regret cant afford a new sled and a divorce lawyer :angry-smiley-005:

ya i have to get to the show just scared i might do something i will regret cant afford a new sled and a divorce lawyer :angry-smiley-005:

Been there... bought a new sled a couple of years ago. Planned to give my wife my couple of year old sled and sell hers. She had a different idea. Avoided the divorce lawyer and sold the new sled to a friend of mine who was happy to have it. Hadn't been licenced yet so he paid me what I paid and had it licenced in his name.

• 2 weeks later...

wives just dont get our needs. :drool2: hope she likes the new trailer i am buying her for her birthday :nana:

Archived