Hornepayne Accom. - Uncle's Restaurant and Lodge

MXZ Man

We have not stayed there. We usually stop for lunch and gas. Seems like a nice place, he put in some new lodging buildings about 3 years ago. Don't expect any parties or much activity at all.

You can also find some info about Hornepayne here:

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9524-hornepayne/

We have not stayed there. We usually stop for lunch and gas. Seems like a nice place, he put in some new lodging buildings about 3 years ago. Don't expect any parties or much activity at all.

You can also find some info about Hornepayne here:

http://ontariocondit...524-hornepayne/

Thanks AkronOrange!

Just got back last night. Riverside Cabins, 807-868-2807, is excellent. The owner had lasagna in the oven ready for us along with home made bread & apple pie. She also had a 15 pack that I had asked for in the frig. The cost is very reasonable & right near the trail. We ate breakfast at the new restaurant across from the Esso. Also very good.

We had lunch at Uncle's on Sunday. Good food and nice place.

we will be up there (hornepayne) on thursday riding offtrail, will stop there for lunch and report. Ski

Food is good at Uncles (ate there everyday for 3 months)

The one across form the Esso is better (looks like a house) open 7 am till 9 pm

I never stayed at uncles but have heard it is OK, you don't have much choice there.

Has anyone stayed at Uncle's Restaurant and Lodge in Hornpayne? We have booked the bunkhouse...I assume it has bedding?

Have recently stayed at Uncles. Not the "bunk house", one of the cabins. Overall acceptable and reasonable value (food too). No liquor licence, so if you are so inclined, byob.

one other thing.

LCBO is closed mondays, opens at 10 and closes at 6 sharp everyday.

If you miss the LCBO you ar SOL for a drink, no place that I know of serves booze in town except the leigon and it is only open Thursday to Saturday.

one other thing.

LCBO is closed mondays, opens at 10 and closes at 6 sharp everyday.

If you miss the LCBO you ar SOL for a drink, no place that I know of serves booze in town except the leigon and it is only open Thursday to Saturday.

wow - that is crazy

I guess that explains the funny look I got when I asked at the Gas Station if Hornepayne has ever had a rippers - HAHA

wow - that is crazy

I guess that explains the funny look I got when I asked at the Gas Station if Hornepayne has ever had a rippers - HAHA

I spent 4 months in Hornepayne, if they did have rippers I can assure you you didn't want to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at Uncles last year, it was basic but fine. Food was ok too. This year we'll be bunking in at Riverside Cabins based on good reviews here (thanks XTC500). Looking forward to it.

Along with Uncles and Riverside Cabins, The Hornepayne Economic Developement Corp. has 9 fully furnished apartments available on daily rentals.807-868-2307, 807-228-1417.

Along with Uncles and Riverside Cabins, The Hornepayne Economic Developement Corp. has 9 fully furnished apartments available on daily rentals.807-868-2307, 807-228-1417.

Good Info. Thanks !

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

Archived