Hornepayne

XTC500

Just booked Riverside Cabins in Hornepayne for 1 night when we're passing through the week of Feb.13th. Uncle's & the EDC were booked up..Apparently there's a youth sports tournament of some sort in town. Is anyone familiar with Riverside Cabins?

Never heard of it.

There was Lynda's All Season Cottages, but it has been closed. Post a report w/ any contact info when you get back.

Are the EDC rooms @ the old Centre Inn?

Are the EDC rooms @ the old Centre Inn?

I don't know. But the nice lady that answered the phone at the EDC is the one who steered me to Riverside Cabins. Up to then, I thought we were going to have to re-plan our trip.

I don't know. But the nice lady that answered the phone at the EDC is the one who steered me to Riverside Cabins. Up to then, I thought we were going to have to re-plan our trip.

Good to hear.

I take it the cabins are easily accessible by sled?

There is a new restaurant in hornepayne Called kaylas almost across from esso

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back last night. Riverside Cabins, 807-868-2807, is excellent. The owner had lasagna in the oven ready for us along with home made bread & apple pie. She also had a 15 pack that I had asked for in the frig. The cost is very reasonable & right near the trail. We ate breakfast at the new restaurant across from the Esso. Also very good.

We got gas at the Esso at Hornpayne and were having trouble with the TZ1.They were a helpful bunch of guys.We also met the president of the Hornpayne Snowmobile Club,nice guy.

Ate at Kayla's restaurant across the road,nice people,good food and reasonably priced.

Can't wait to try this trip again.

We were there on Sunday and had a great lunch at Uncle's. Nice place and good food. Bought fuel there as well.

My daughter and I also stopped at Uncle's for lunch on Saturday and gassed her sled as well. (For premium you must hit the ESSO.)

This makes 6 good meals at Uncles for me this season.

My daughter and I also stopped at Uncle's for lunch on Saturday and gassed her sled as well. (For premium you must hit the ESSO.)

Great meeting the two of you up there this weekend, AC+YA. And thanks for the help!

Great meeting the two of you up there this weekend, AC+YA. And thanks for the help!

Paige & I enjoyed talking at dinner. You were right, I found a post-turbo exhaust leak! Warped exhaust manifold and the gasket blew out. Found a cross-threaded stud and the cold air getting in tweaked the manifold.

Parts on order!

Glad to have seen you in Dub. Let me know if a trip is going to happen!

Take Care.

Scott

Tues' they ran out of Prem' halfway thru filling up bro's sled. I got the last full tank of premium. Not sure if that caused my issues but his sled ran all the way to Timmins w/o a hiccup after I parked mine @ Wawa. Our sleds were also filled up w/ reg' @ D'ville & Prem in Wawa.

• 1 year later...

It was good to find this site and this thread! I plan on staying a day or two this next season in Hornpayne. So it's good to know I have a few options for lodging If there are any moreplaces worth mentioning it would be good to know.

We plan to take the train up to Hawk Junction then we will ride to Hornepayne stay a night or two then come back to the Soo. Hope they will have Halfway haven open to we can take that route back!? 

DO NOT PLAN ON HALFWAY HAVEN OPENING UP FOR THIS SEASON. As far as a re-route to the soo, from the wawa area... depending on budget, clubs, district and SNOW, you might be able to run the F trail to chapleau, and then down to aubrey falls then to the soo. but, that trail has only been FULLY opened 1 time in the last 3-4 years. (low snow). you are really better off trailering to wawa (150 more miles). the cost of gas up and back, will be less than your train tickets for you and your sleds. Ski

Tues' they ran out of Prem' halfway thru filling up bro's sled. I got the last full tank of premium. Not sure if that caused my issues but his sled ran all the way to Timmins w/o a hiccup after I parked mine @ Wawa. Our sleds were also filled up w/ reg' @ D'ville & Prem in Wawa.

Issues w/ my sled were caused by a "bad" voltage regulator, not fuel related. 

DO NOT PLAN ON HALFWAY HAVEN OPENING UP FOR THIS SEASON. As far as a re-route to the soo, from the wawa area... depending on budget, clubs, district and SNOW, you might be able to run the F trail to chapleau, and then down to aubrey falls then to the soo. but, that trail has only been FULLY opened 1 time in the last 3-4 years. (low snow). you are really better off trailering to wawa (150 more miles). the cost of gas up and back, will be less than your train tickets for you and your sleds. Ski

Thanks!, ...How has the Chapleau rout been?

Archived