Any positive in this weather?

Faceman

Only positive in this weather is that my indoor 'honey do " list is moving right along, D9 seems to be cursed this year.

Only positive in this weather is that my indoor 'honey do " list is moving right along, D9 seems to be cursed this year.

hey Faceman, how did you like those wicked snow sqalls we got today? wasn't a flake in the air all day. but I can almost garantee the coming rain tomorrow will happen as predicted.

I did lots of riding in D7 this weekend...

a6819f43.jpg

48caf5c2.jpg

1c51db22.jpg

0f556861.jpg

85ae7826.jpg

I did lots of riding in D7 this weekend...

Thanks for that Blake. Makes me feel so much better. The mixture of winter wheat, no snow cover /closed trails/ ATV's and itchy sledders is not a good mix

Looking good your way. Like I said, I think we're cursed.

sweet pix dude..you just gave me an instant rock hard snow-boner...im heading up there to tear apart those trails for 3 days this weekend.....come on boys ...stop the bitchin...ditch the wife...header north..thats where the action is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...or you can stay home and pick out wallpaper...lol

High of 5 on Tuesday eh!. Wiarton Willies prediction on what, Thursday. No Cr500 I can not. I actually had a farmer who, up until last Friday would not open his gates. And then he tells me that the forecast for Feb is similar. Classic, it was sunny here all day. Maybe 15-25cm somewhere but not here. You? PR1, you should know better, we're not allowed to pick, just agree!

HUH?

You're not married are you..or if you are, you are not paying attention...We, the male half do not "pick" wallpaper, we just agree on "our "choice!

You have one of the best locations to run straight up the center Rich. Yeah I know...For those following, Shining Tree is an easy first day from the Owls Nest. Wish I could rich but not going to happen. This is killin me man..

Ya I hate to even think about it, but our trails here may not even open this season, with all the water we need to freeze up before anything much can happen... :angry-smiley-005:

Thanks for that Blake. Makes me feel so much better. The mixture of winter wheat, no snow cover /closed trails/ ATV's and itchy sledders is not a good mix

I just heard that an itchy sledder ran through a wheat field down here. Farmer is steaming, talking about shutting off access.

These small snowfalls just make people that much itchier.

I just heard that an itchy sledder ran through a wheat field down here. Farmer is steaming, talking about shutting off access.

These small snowfalls just make people that much itchier.

same here, 4 wheat fields last night, not just on the trail either. Land owner's r wearing thin, much more and we will be running roads like around Durham.

The trail report for the week commencing Jan 30 2012 : is unavailable

The author or reporting club official is presently hanging from the “ole oak tree” out back…

The author or reporting club official is presently checking the bottom conditions in the Owen Sound Harbour

The author or reporting club official is presently trying to locate the keys for his pickup truck

( the bitch on the Weather channel just said how excited she is over highs of plus 5 tomorrow)( I’ll show her excitement)

The author or reporting club official is presently trying to stretch out and straighten some 100 m of electric fence mangled last night by ATV’ers in Lundy’s field

The author or reporting club official is presently drywalling, sanding, drywalling, sanding and painting in the basement.

Help me please!

That was my trail report to D9 this morning.

( the bitch on the Weather channel just said how excited she is over highs of plus 5 tomorrow)

LOL should have heard them on Friday talking about he big storm thats going to slam the GTA and eastern Ontario on Saturday. They wen one about watching your driving and have extra salt ready and wear a hat and have blankets in your ar if you must travel. Then they say Toronto will see a dusting but amounts of 2-4cms can be expected outside the city. WTF????? I know winter has been weak this year but man, they made it sound like this was the end of the world.

Lets see positive not about the weather.........I got all the snaps done back up on my tonneau cover other than that.....................THIS WINTER BLOWS GOATS!!!!

I agree with Faceman about the trail reports, almost all weather reporters on tv,( what the hell can anyone do when its plus 5, lots of tourism depends on snow) also agree about the idiots who ride on nothing etc etc etc. I love D9 for the variety it offers, also a short ride even if D5 is open, always good to stop in and see the folks for free grub, and top B around the corner. Trailered twice this winter, and rode ditches here around London once after New Years. Likely heading to Wawa for my March Break if there any joiners, all welcome.

anyone want to venture a guess if Gravenhurst or Bracebridge will survive this mild spell since interactive map isnt working?

These are the years that I am glad I own a trailer.

The only problem is anybody I know with a sled is crying broke and that they can't afford to go north with me. I tell you if it isn't one thing it's another keeping me from riding.

Absolutely driving me crazy looking out my window each day starring at green grass, then I turn on the weather channel (not sure why because it seems like a miracle anymore if they are calling for anything bellow zero in the South) and some ass hat of a weather person is celebrating like they just won the lottery because of this incredibly mild forecast.

It's enough to drive a man crazy I tell ya!

Okay, my rant is over for now!

same here, 4 wheat fields last night, not just on the trail either. Land owner's r wearing thin, much more and we will be running roads like around Durham.

Who cares about the wheat fields. If the clubs don't spend any money grooming and maintaining open trails, there should be plenty of funds to just pay off the land owners for damaged crops like they do every year even when there is snow.

+1 for this winter being a suck hole. It's not enough that every week we're consistently getting a thaw, there's so little precip when it actually is cold, and now we're into Feb. Good Times.

It's hard not to be pissed.

Archived