Any positive in this weather?

Faceman

Who cares about the wheat fields. If the clubs don't spend any money grooming and maintaining open trails, there should be plenty of funds to just pay off the land owners for damaged crops like they do every year even when there is snow.

I think you are missing the point!!! The LANDOWNERS care about the wheat fields. And when they get fed up, we lose access, and eventually lose all the trails in an area. That is the biggest part of the issue.

Who cares about the wheat fields. If the clubs don't spend any money grooming and maintaining open trails, there should be plenty of funds to just pay off the land owners for damaged crops like they do every year even when there is snow.

+1 for this winter being a suck hole. It's not enough that every week we're consistently getting a thaw, there's so little precip when it actually is cold, and now we're into Feb. Good Times.

It's hard not to be pissed.

Wow now theres the attitude that gets land owners pissed off & then they don't let the clubs use there land!!!

The point is that the landowners always complain about their wheat fields, whether there's snow or not.

At least this year there will be plenty of funds from our unused permits to pay them off!

(null)

Wow now theres the attitude that gets land owners pissed off & then they don't let the clubs use there land!!!

For sure! Just ask the people that ride around the Lucknow area! They lost a huge chunk of land aprox 7 years ago and never got it back. There is alot of road running up that way and I avoid it totally!

Alewcock..... wouldn't you complain too? We need to remember it's their land!

The point is that the landowners always complain about their wheat fields, whether there's snow or not.

At least this year there will be plenty of funds from our unused permits to pay them off!

(null)

I sure hope the landowners like myself that enjoy this site understand that the majority of sledders don't appreciate your point of view but do appreciate them letting us use their land.

I sure hope the landowners like myself that enjoy this site understand that the majority of sledders don't appreciate your point of view but do appreciate them letting us use their land.

I sure hope so too!

Especially since my point had nothing to do with appreciation of land use. I appreciate it as much as the next guy, just tired of hearing about all the wheat damage drama. The type of asses riding on wheat fields aren't represented here and aren't going away. That's why we all pay for it in our permit fees. So what I don't understand is why the landowners always make such a big deal out of it and threaten cutting off access when the majority of snowmobilers are responsible/respectful and landowners are going to get reimbursed for the damage because of all of us.

I guess landowners could cut off access... still have those asses ride on their land and damage the crops... and then not get reimbursed?

Anyway, thanks for letting us use your land, all of us who stay on the trail and only ride when they're open.

Cheers!

Well. I got most of the kids main floor trimmed today, should finish off the doorways tomorrow. Next to that, sorting our my SIL's workshop and tool chest.Should finish trimming their place on the next trip down.

Well. I got most of the kids main floor trimmed today, should finish off the doorways tomorrow. Next to that, sorting our my SIL's workshop and tool chest.Should finish trimming their place on the next trip down.

When you're done there you want to trim my bathroom.....its still a work in progress!!!

Archived