Childhood Sledding Memories

revrnd

My foundest memory is going to bars and asking hot girls if they like snowmobiling.. I had two sled at our farm and sledded with girls almost every weekend.. It was the bestestest time!!!!! I did the same thing in the summer with our horses :)

Ricky..the girls from the Coronet dont count they were all riding back in those days :drool-1:

Ricky..the girls from the Coronet dont count they were all riding back in those days :drool-1:

Nope not the Coronet, I never hung out there.. Huggy's, Lulu's and Casey's.... Those girls weren't armed and dangerous lol....

I also remember lifting my SS440 out of snow drifts constantly!!!!! My most memorable one was the day I learned to turn my snowmobile around and ride down the hill.. I was lifting my sled out of the snowdrift and trying to ride up hill... My buddy let me do it until I had to lay down from exhaustion... Then he told me never ride up hill in a snow drift.. .Bingo!!!!!!! Best advise I ever got.

Nope not the Coronet, I never hung out there.. Huggy's, Lulu's and Casey's.... Those girls

weren't armed and dangerous lol.

I also remember lifting my SS440 out of snow drifts constantly!!!!! My most memorable one was the day I learned to turn my snowmobile

around and ride down the hill.. I was lifting my

sled out of the snowdrift and trying to ride up

hill... My buddy let me do it until I had to lay

down from exhaustion... Then he told me never

ride up hill in a snow drift.. .Bingo!!!!!!! Best

advise I ever got.

At least you didn't hurt yourself, unlike the time you tipped over going down the snow bank to get to the road. I remember you blamming the snow plow on that one.

At least you didn't hurt yourself, unlike the time you tipped over going down the snow bank to get to the road. I remember you blamming the snow plow on that one.

Hey Steve... Only my pride was hurt in that one.. Stupid snow bank!!!!!! I remember that thread " I fell off my friggin sled" lol...

Getting stuck now that seems like an old idea..I remember those old sleds we had like the Moto Ski 340 Nuvik now there was a snow plow if even I drove one..we would joke that it would go through drifts not around them or over them

I still live those days

Just a newer sled

Nope not the Coronet, I never hung out there.. Huggy's, Lulu's and Casey's.... Those girls weren't armed and dangerous lol....

I also remember lifting my SS440 out of snow drifts constantly!!!!! My most memorable one was the day I learned to turn my snowmobile around and ride down the hill.. I was lifting my sled out of the snowdrift and trying to ride up hill... My buddy let me do it until I had to lay down from exhaustion... Then he told me never ride up hill in a snow drift.. .Bingo!!!!!!! Best advise I ever got.

Not child hood....But do U remember your ride with us up around the French River.....there were a couple of good rides there,u went missing for a month. :nana:

My father did the "Go west young man" thing in the early seventy's. We rode Olympics on the logging trails in the Alberta foothills. At age 8 we were riding a new 1974 TNT 340 for a "mountain sled" in powder bowls, often while the fathers were cutting wood (meaning drinking beer) back at the trucks and trailers. The memories and the evolution of snowmobiles has been amazing to expierience. After moving back to Ontario I remember just having to get the new 1992 700 twin piped Wildcat, what a great, fast machine...... that came equiped with manual adjust cable style brakes. I'm lucky to still be riding, and now with a wife that often puts on 2-3000 miles a season (if there is snow). Have now come the full circle, looking forward to many years of riding with my son who is 8 and has been riding since 0!

post-19808-0-45096700-1326312957_thumb.jpg

You went sledding with horses in the summer???? :lmao: :lmao:

In summer or winter we were sledding with horses.In those days(1962) we called them sleighs,today we call them

stoneboats.We hauled rocks,gravel,hay or logs with a team of horses(ornery critters).Today the only horses I will put up

with burn gasoline or diesel fuel. (or maybe alcohol)LOL

Not child hood....But do U remember your ride with us up around the French River.....there were a couple of good rides there,u went missing for a month. :nana:

Yes Sammy.. I remember everything expect maybe a few hours :) It sure was great meeting you finally!! We should do it again!!!

Do you remember the old Green Acres Snowmobile Club?

Yes Sammy.. I remember everything expect maybe a few hours :) It sure was great meeting you finally!! We should do it again!!!

Do you remember the old Green Acres Snowmobile Club?

First club we brought our permits from once we came here...the old silo is still there.

Those were the good old days :right_on:

WOW! look at the wonderful memories we would have missed out on here if there had been snow in early January 2012

1970 Moto ski Zepher 395 JLO single that our Dad brought home then older brother bought a 1974 TNT 340 fc broke a front axle destroyed a chaincase and blew three piston before 900 miles and then a 1970 Olympique 335 when I was 12. That thing taught me how to repair sleds. But we loved the sport by the time I was 14 I was buying fixing and selling sleds.

After Mom passed away a few years ago, my brother and I were cleaning out the storage cabinet in the garage and came across a couple of QUARTS of old Castrol 2 stroke oil. It, too, was for when we mixed at 25:1 (or sometimes 20:1). I still have at least one of them on my shelf! An actual steel oil can!

Not sure if we have a can kicking around but I remember when Ski-doo's Blizzard oil came out. I'm thinking it was in a pint can that you added to 5 gals for a 50:1 mix.

Archived