Open doors february 11 and 12th ????????????

zrtkat

Hello

was looking in my Supertrax magazine that Quebec is opening their trails to people for 2 days no permit required , was thinking maybe zrtkat & crew could try to plan a couple days in Quebec while we are up snowmobiling in Ontario.

We are looking at entering Quebec from New Liskeard area and coming out to Cochrane ontario would there be a 2 day ride we could do too make this possible ??????

Just trying to do something different this year

any suggestions ????

thanks

zrtkat & crew

Where is that douchebag that was whining in an older post about why his OFSC pass isn't good in Que.

I don't think that 'having' an Ontario pass assists in Quebec that weekend.

When I last looked, it was a 'free' weekend for all - Ontario pass, no pass, etc. Sort of like our fishing weekends in Ontario, both summer and winter. In fact, I think that's the same weekend as 'no fishing permit' in Ontario, because I know some folks who are going to try ice fishing.

It's an introductory weekend. Get out, try something you haven't done before.

__

As for you, FQ, not sure who you're talking about (there being so many that disagree with you :) - but maybe tread a little lighter??

It sounds like something to try.

It's a great idea, the only bad thing is that it may be a zoo....

Free pass weekend. Just show up with your sled and ride. Do they include the liability insurance too? I imagine they do.

Free pass weekend. Just show up with your sled and ride. Do they include the liability insurance too? I imagine they do.

I doubt that. The insurance carrier has no record of who you are so why would they cover you. As well, the insurance included with the Quebec Full Season permit is only applicable to sleds registered in Quebec.

It's a great marketing idea from a province reknowned for their tourism marketing prowess.

zrtKat - enter from NL or take the trail over from North Bay; it's a beauty trail.

Or from NL or from Kirkland Lake

Contact Nicole Gaulin

Tourisme Abitibi-Temiscamingue

1-819-762-8181

nicole@atrat.org

She will help you with all sorts of information on trail condition, places to stay, packages, etc.

LOTS of stuff here !!! www.snowwild.com

ENJOY !!

zrtkat

when you find some info out can you please post it back here. I would be interested in the information since there is no snow around here

zrtkat

when you find some info out can you please post it back here. I would be interested in the information since there is no snow around here

www.snowwild.com start there - tons of stuff. And, if you like what you see, contact Nicole. Incredibly helpful.

STG have you been through the Abitibi region? given the snow patterns this year, would it be worth it? I would like to go, but at the same time like to do it when it is worth while

I've been through a couple of times. Spent an entire week there in '07 and it was one of the best trips our group has been on. The trails are great. And they are very welcoming and helpful. I haven't checked their trail conditions because I'm going elsewhere this year but their conditions are updated quite frequently and are accurate. Like Northern Ontario, their 'limited' is often like a Southern Ontario 'excellent'.

Trail conditions are typically updated on Thursdays.

As STG said, it is a great region. I too have ridden it many times and covered most of the region. It is one area we are considering this year.

On the weather note, I was reading an article from last year in the Central Ontario snowmobiler publication and it specifically speaks to last year's weather.

One thing to consider is that this region has a lot of forest access /logging road and even rail trails which are more forgiving to lower snow. As STG said, the website/contact info provided is first class all the way.

STG have you been through the Abitibi region? given the snow patterns this year, would it be worth it? I would like to go, but at the same time like to do it when it is worth while

They have more snow up there on the ground, then they had fall all of last winter. Cochrane willl be sledding into April for sure.

It's a great marketing idea from a province reknowned for their tourism marketing prowess.

zrtKat - enter from NL or take the trail over from North Bay; it's a beauty trail.

Or from NL or from Kirkland Lake

Contact Nicole Gaulin

Tourisme Abitibi-Temiscamingue

1-819-762-8181

nicole@atrat.org

She will help you with all sorts of information on trail condition, places to stay, packages, etc.

LOTS of stuff here !!! www.snowwild.com

ENJOY !!

Thanks for the information

will check it out trying to find a days ride out of new Liskeard stay overnight and then be able to make Cochrane the next day then we could continue on with our trip

zrtkat

will check it out trying to find a days ride out of new Liskeard stay overnight and then be able to make Cochrane the next day then we could continue on with our trip

zrtkat

You should go to devils mountain in Quebec. It is in this region. You can take the trail right to the top and have lunch at the restaurant. Amazing views and normally get 13 feet of annual snowfall. You could easily spend a day riding around there and the lodges are amazing. Not to pit Ontario down, but the french know how to cater to sledders.

zrtkat

If you're on your way to Cochrane, you could consider entering at NL and heading north for an overnight at La Sarre. There is a rail trail from La Sarre to Cochrane.

You should go to devils mountain in Quebec. It is in this region. You can take the trail right to the top and have lunch at the restaurant. Amazing views and normally get 13 feet of annual snowfall. You could easily spend a day riding around there and the lodges are amazing. Not to pit Ontario down, but the french know how to cater to sledders.

Sorry, VR700...beg to differ.

While Devil's Mountain is certainly a wonderful spot to visit, that should be a whole separate trip. It is actually nowhere near Abitibi-Temiscaming...it's at the west edge of the Laurentians ("Laurentides"), many, many miles southeast of A-T, and certainly not on any potential 2-day trip (for zrtkat) between New Liskeard and Cochrane.

STG's suggestion of La Sarre makes all kinds of sense as an intermediate destination in Quebec, between Liskeard and Cochrane.

Looked closer on the map. Where is Val for anyway's. Quebec keeps awning me brochures. Next year Ian going to do that whole devils mountain loop.

Where heading to Quebec the week of Feb18-25. Most likely starting around the New-Liskeard area, then riding to Rouyn-Noranda, La Sarre, Vill-Marie, maybe a little tour up to Mattagami and over to Val Dor and back. Gonna be a killer week..

LaSarre up to Mattagami and returning south to Louvicourt/Senneterre; great loop, you'll really enjoy it !

Archived