Cochrane Tour

Muskoka Man

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've hit the S key beside th B I U above where you type in your reply.

I was there yesterday, east side of A103 is good to go, west side has not been groomed once, but with a long track you can have fun in the powder all the way up. We did Cochrane to Wawa and back in 4 days, trails were incredible, I really enjoyed Dubreuilville and Wawa, reminded me of Quebec, double wide, perfectly groomed, twisty, and beautiful scenery. Be very careful of moose crossing the trail, happened 5 times to us. Have a great trip, I know we did. I can't wait to go back!!!

Be very careful of moose crossing the trail, happened 5 times to us. Have a great trip, I know we did. I can't wait to go back!!!

Was this near D'ville & Wawa? 10 years of trips & I've only seen 2. 1 in a back yard near Coniston & the other on TOP A between Kap' & Hearst.

hey carman, can you make recomondations on lodging?

We saw 2 leaving Hearst towards Kap on power lines probably cow and pup, we saw a bull on logging road from d'ville to horne and a huge lynx, then we saw bull from kap to cochrane, and 15 min later a bull on same trail.

We stayed at North Adventure Inn in Cochrane(heated garage), Campanion in Hearst(heated garage), and chez Gaston in D'ville($150 for an entire cottage that could sleep 10, and they went to pick up pizza for us), visited Luc(The Groomer Guy) at the Quicky mart and he sold us his 24 because beer store was closed on Sunday.

we are here at the westway this time good place , close to everthing , trails ROCK

we are here at the westway this time good place , close to everthing , trails ROCK

see any OC stickers in room...put couple up above washroom door

Near Moonbeam we saw an ermine running along the side of a road. I thought it was a piece of birch bark blowing along.

Is the Westway within walking distance of downtown(BBQ place and Thibs) or would it take a cab ride?

If it's cold, call the cab, if it bearable, you can walk.

Come on! One night in Sudbury we walked from the Solid Gold down Falconbridge Rd to the Ambassador. Bloody cold! No idea what the temp was @ night, but the high during the day never got above 0* F.

Come on! One night in Sudbury we walked from the Solid Gold down Falconbridge Rd to the Ambassador. Bloody cold! No idea what the temp was @ night, but the high during the day never got above 0* F.

But that was back when men were men, womn were women, and little furry creatures from Alpha Centuri were little furry creatures from Alpha Centuri. :lmao: :lmao:

Now, we'll see who else reads HHGTTG.

One night in KL.............................. We had a liberal Happy Hour in the rooms. We went to the dining room and had drinks and dinner. THEN, because we were told it was a short stroll we walked from the HJ to the Federal Tavern . We were f*ck*ng stone cold frozen by the time we got there and one of our party only had one arm ! There is more to be told about that evening but I will wait and let BossCat fill in the details..

STOP the cat from stomping around in my room, eh ?? !!

You saying minus 34 was cold Blake? I thought you youngins could handle a little brisk spell when walking THREE WHOLE BLOCKS from the WestWay to JR's :)

You saying minus 34 was cold Blake? I thought you youngins could handle a little brisk spell when walking THREE WHOLE BLOCKS from the WestWay to JR's :)

Tough crowd, Blake. :)

Tough crowd, Blake. :)

Says the guy who rode from Timmins to JR's for dinner in subzero temps :lmao:

Bet he had a smile and warmed up fast once he got there...Blake it was cool up there, u want to be up when its cold.

we just got back , we got in 700 ks of absolutley perfect trails , they got some new snow since the holidays and groomed it up perfect , groomers where out constinatly while we were there , the 111 into timmins was spectacular to say the least , my hat is off to the PBSC for there work , this was the best I have ever seen there trails , lots of snow there for sure , will post up some vids later , looks like I have some chores around here to do apparently , Looks like sno-bombers made a pass on D-trail here in BB

looks like I have some chores around here to do apparently

Ahhh! There is always a price! :lmao:

Ahhh! There is always a price! :lmao:

Price .... Apparently before I went to Cochrane I promised I would take her to Cuba for her birthday in April ....... Dont remember that one

Price .... Apparently before I went to Cochrane I promised I would take her to Cuba for her birthday in April ....... Dont remember that one

Ouch!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Archived