Grand touring se or le 1200 4tec.

Viperules700

I found a left over gt 1200 le. It is a 2011 model year. Dealer wants 12400 plus tax. I can't find a new 2011 gt se. I could get a 2012 se 1200 though for 3 grand more then the 2011 gt le. Is the air suspension nice to have. Se also has the heated seat and the hard cases. Cases alone are worth 800, grin. Just trying to decide. I an

leaning towards the left over le, because I can

save almost 4k by the end of the day. Should I

take the 309 rebate or the engine warranty on

the 1200? Think the dealer would help me with case costs? So hard to decide.

Well, my father in law has a 2011 Ski-Doo GSX SE 1200, LOVE IT.. The air suspension is great, can change the settings on the fly. I think there are pretty good deals out there right now. Seen the exact sled at the snowmobile show going for around $12,000...

Ok thanks iq for your input. The 2012 gt se's are pricey at 15k? Think dealer would sell for 13500 plus tax?

Thanks. It has to be a grand touring se though. Only Platform that has a comfortable adult seat with back support.

Yeah I know mossy. I keep my sleds 10 years and be nice to take out the wifey and the little guy a few times a season.

I was kidding...... of course. When your spending that much money you should be picky!

I would save some $$ on your purchase price, work out a deal on the luggage if you really need it for touring (or is it just a nice to have gimmick). The money you save could go towards gas and insurance plus some extras.

I asked about the luggage and they said the cases are worth 1k. Crazy I tell yeah.

Wow...1K ! That is really steep. Do you do a lot of overnight, or saddlebag trips that would warrant that $$$. Somebody I know bought three of those large Pelican cases and mounted them to his sled. They don't look half bad and are a lot cheaper than the luggage, plus they hold as much I believe.

Wow...1K ! That is really steep. Do you do a lot of overnight, or saddlebag trips that would warrant that $$$. Somebody I know bought three of those large Pelican cases and mounted them to his sled. They don't look half bad and are a lot cheaper than the luggage, plus they hold as much I believe.

Try Canadian Yacht Tops jim@cytnorth.ca or call (705) 456-2711. I bought bought bags fron Arctic Cat and then I got smart and got the good stuff from CYT. Better made and I'm sure they have stuff for Doo.

I asked about the luggage and they said the cases are worth 1k. Crazy I tell yeah.

they are in the BRP accessories catalogue.

http://store.ski-doo.com/product/315863/860200202/_/Side_Luggage_Box

$459 for the pair.

List Price

Thanks Stg. Have no idea why the salesman told me 1k. Grrrr. I am going to go back in next week and say wtf?? Thanks acy I will take alook at their options as well. Brp side cases would just be handy, to carry a few items. I can then get two bags to sit behind the seat as well,

Thanks Stg. Have no idea why the salesman told me 1k. Grrrr. I am going to go back in next week and say wtf?? Thanks acy I will take alook at their options as well. Brp side cases would just be handy, to carry a few items. I can then get two bags to sit behind the seat as well,

He was probably thinking 459 each. ;-) I got the Grand Touring LE last year and knew I was going to miss those FagBags. You might remember I had them on the SDI I was trading in. They are great for carrying all your emergency gear, tools, spares etc and that leaves the big rack still available for every thing else you need on a long Tour.

So, I added them as an option. I was happier to pay for them as an option than the extra 3 grand to be included in the se.

He was probably thinking 459 each. ;-) I got the Grand Touring LE last year and knew I was going to miss those FagBags. You might remember I had them on the SDI I was trading in. They are great for carrying all your emergency gear, tools, spares etc and that leaves the big rack still available for every thing else you need on a long Tour.

So, I added them as an option. I was happier to pay for them as an option than the extra 3 grand to be included in the se.

"Emergency gear"??? I guess you consider "gin" to be in that category, based on one of our conversations while saddle-bagging in Gaspe last year.

:poke2::tongue:

leaves the big rack still available

Nothing like an available big rack.

Nothing like an available big rack.

So True!

I love big racks!!!

"Emergency gear"??? I guess you consider "gin" to be in that category, based on one of our conversations while saddle-bagging in Gaspe last year.

:poke2::tongue:

Well, they have a 41 liter capacity. Almost enough to get one through to what, a Wednesday maybe ?

Hey Vip700, did you see this one on today's kijiji...private sale....

### TOURING SLED TOTALLY LIKE NEW & WONDERFUL FEATURES ### 2011 SKI DOO GT - SE - 1200 -- 4 STROKE -- E - TEC INJECTOR SYSTEM -- ES/ER -- REMOVABLE STORAGE BAGS -- STUDS -- MIRRORS -- ONLY 700 MI. -- COST NEW $16,000 -- SELL FOR [ $11,995 ] [ CALL 705 292 6847 ]

Sometimes OEM accessories are just plain stupid. Go to Royal and buy some after market saddle bags. The extra money will pay for a lot of fuel as already suggested. I couldn't ever justify that kind of money for a couple of plastic boxes.

Depends what you carry in them, I think. If you are carrying tools, or something heavy, they can wear holes in the bags pretty quickly, Replacing the bags a couple of times will eat up your 'savings' pretty quick.

Also.for STG, the hard shell cases can protect the liquor cabinet. You wouldn't want to bruise the gin. :lmao: :lmao:

Archived