Cochrane Trip

Muskoka Man

4 of us just got back from 4 days in the Cochrane area , we went to the canyon it was excellent , also went into Timmins also excellent , took 105 into Quebec again excellent , we got in 1100 KMs of some of the best trails to be had , Hats off to the Polar bear club , a couple of - 27 nights made the trails super fast , things still look thin around the New Liskeard area :shock: it snowed real hard here in Bracebridge while we were gone ,going to let the groomers do there thing and ride abit here , Didnt take many pics this time as we were moving to fast

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Did everyone make it across A105Q :tongue: ?

Thanks for the update MM.

Thanks for the update MM.

X2! We are heading up there next weekend for a few days.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Did everyone make it across A105Q :tongue: ?

We all made it ok , but the signage over there is terrible ,getting gas and food was a run around , met a big group of sledders going around in circles also , I guess i should have paid attention in french class :icon_doh:

How many hrs drive by vehicle from North Bay Cochrane. Any cottage rentals in area.

We all made it ok , but the signage over there is terrible ,getting gas and food was a run around , met a big group of sledders going around in circles also , I guess i should have paid attention in french class :icon_doh:

I remember riding A105Q a couple of years ago and I don't recall seeing 1 OFSC trail sign and I questioned are we actually going the right way? But there was really only 1 way to go. It is a nice fast ride though.

How many hrs drive by vehicle from North Bay Cochrane. Any cottage rentals in area.

Its 4 Hrs from NB , Dont know of any Cottage rentalls but the NAI has the igloos witch are housekeeping units , all the guys there said there good setups , heated garage to put your sled to bed at night too

I remember riding A105Q a couple of years ago and I don't recall seeing 1 OFSC trail sign and I questioned are we actually going the right way? But there was really only 1 way to go. It is a nice fast ride though.

There now is a few signs to guide you , its when you cross over that the confusion begins , and yes the rail bed is fast but the 4 strokers eat that kind of trail up :-D

Going up that way this week..Is gas and lunch always available at Bill Frouds trailers at the canyon???

THANX......Derf

Going up that way this week..Is gas and lunch always available at Bill Frouds trailers at the canyon???

THANX......Derf

Yes gas and food are there all the time , brad is there cooking , tell him Dave from Bracebridge says Hi , they just groomed 103 on both sides yesterday , and they were great when we were there , so you should have a great ride up , the trail into the fire tower by Smooth Rock is lightning fast also ,

Yes gas and food are there all the time , brad is there cooking , tell him Dave from Bracebridge says Hi , they just groomed 103 on both sides yesterday , and they were great when we were there , so you should have a great ride up , the trail into the fire tower by Smooth Rock is lightning fast also ,

Thanx MM ...Will say hello to Brad for you.....

DERF from Haliburton..

We rode from Cochrane into Quebec on Tuesday. Couldn't find gas in Dupius (although the map says there is gas available there) so had to ride to LaSarre for gas. The trail sign in Lasarre said it was 192 Km. to Cochrane. Signage isn't as good as it used to be a few years ago.

We rode from Cochrane into Quebec on Tuesday. Couldn't find gas in Dupius (although the map says there is gas available there) so had to ride to LaSarre for gas. The trail sign in Lasarre said it was 192 Km. to Cochrane. Signage isn't as good as it used to be a few years ago.

Hey PLC we did find gas in Dupuis , it was just off the main trail the sign only said Garage , we went that way to ask the garage guy were to get gas and he was the station , the trail dissapears into a field and it looks like your on private property , I filled up mine own sled but the guy there wasnt big on this , Im glad I did as he spilled gas on the other sled :headbang: , after going in a few more circles we found food in Lerenne , where you pay first then get your meal , I got some crappy poutine , packed up and went back to Cochrane for beer :shock:

I got some crappy poutine

Isn't that an oxymoron?

:puke:

(not a big fan of anything besides salt, vinegar & ketchup on my "chips")

:rotflmao: x2 It does look like something that my dog barfed up

I've seen "Italian Poutine" on the menu up north. Is the gravy changed to spaghetti sauce?

:puke::puke:

I've seen "Italian Poutine" on the menu up north. Is the gravy changed to spaghetti sauce?

:puke::puke:

Yes and surprisingly, quite good. :right_on:

Archived