Shining Tree Camp, anyone stayed there?

Abitibi

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where North Adventure is in relation to the trail....I really don't want to be road runing to find our Hotel after 250 miles under our belt.

Is the Lillabelle a better option for that?

Not gonna lie, the idea of indoor + heated sled storage at the North Adventure was very tempting

Does anyone know where North Adventure is in relation to the trail....I really don't want to be road runing to find our Hotel after 250 miles under our belt.

Not gonna lie, the idea of indoor + heated sled storage at the North Adventure was very tempting

No road running required. It is on the trail.

The North Adventure is at the west end of Cochrane a few hundred feet south of the A trail. Lillabelle Lake Resort is at the north end of Cochrane off L109 I believe with good trail all the way.

We stay at Lillabelle. We enjoy the friendly,"homey" atmosphere, comraderie and tremendous meals. We have stayed at the North Adventure and its good to.

In my opinion you are choosing between the 2 best choices in Cochrane although we have only stayed at 4 or 5 places there over the years.

Stayed at both. The heated storage is nice, sometimes you have to move other sleds to get to yours. The North Adventure is a hotel, Lillabelle is more like a Bed and Breakfast. Both are very nice, it depends what you like.

Stayed at both. The heated storage is nice, sometimes you have to move other sleds to get to yours. The North Adventure is a hotel, Lillabelle is more like a Bed and Breakfast. Both are very nice, it depends what you like.

Stayed at Lillabelle and I would call it a more of a Motel with a Home style kitchen. Great Hosts!!

Perfect ... thanks for the tips guys.

I will be joining browning3812 on the trip north.

Can't wait.

We booked the Econo Lodge in New Liskeard yesterday. I have stayed at the Quality Inn before but the Econo Lodge is a little cheaper.

Perfect ... thanks for the tips guys.

I will be joining browning3812 on the trip north.

Can't wait.

We booked the Econo Lodge in New Liskeard yesterday. I have stayed at the Quality Inn before but the Econo Lodge is a little cheaper.

Welcome to the forum, guys. :wavey:

Thats great...thanks for all the feedback.

I tried to find any maps that had the trails and accomodations on them but not having any luck so wasn't totally sure where it was at

Can someone provide these guys with the link to the Hotel and mileage guide. It's a great resource to find out which hotels are on the trail with the hotel links.

Can someone provide these guys with the link to the Hotel and mileage guide. It's a great resource to find out which hotels are on the trail with the hotel links.

Here's the link to the mileage guide I think Akron is referring to http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/distance.php?order=C (it should take you to the mileage chart starting with C for Cochrane, as an example).

I think this is it for hotels:

http://www.snowmobil...comodations.php

That is it! Revrnd spends a lot of time putting that together for us and it is appreciated.

Here is another site to try

http://tourbuddies.ca/

by the way 3 Bears is my choice for Shining Tree :right_on: we manage to get there at least once a year for the best steak dinner in Northern Ontario.

As far as Cochrane goes, any of the hotels have great trail access and, yes, the NA is a nice place to stay for your first visit you cant beet the inside storage.

That is it! Revrnd spends a lot of time putting that together for us and it is appreciated.

He does a great job and I look forward each year to his file.

I look forward to loading some maps this weekend. Garmin.

Been going to 3 Bears for close to twenty years. We started sledding there before they had groomed trails. Slim (Brandon's Dad) had a vision for a trail system going through Shining Tree, he called it the STTP (Shining Tree Trail Plan) I remember being there the first night the groomer came up north of Thor Lake. Have many years of great memories there, great fun.

Wonderful history lesson!

Boy, I wish there was an online repository for stories relating to Ontario snowmobiling history.

Clicked on Wikipedia, and it's thin.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing "Slim's" vision with us.

Archived