HST

Wildman

Wildman you are so correct......I really dont want to comment on it BUT when I picked up the permit for the ATV guess what.

http://www.hstpetition.com/petition/sign.php if you don't agree with HST, sign the petition, if you don't sign and HST passes, don't bitch because of all the money you fork over.

Unfortunately it has already passed and will go into effect July 1. Since it has been voted on and passed unfortuately all the protests from the people will go unheeded. After all Pin Head McSquinty knows what's best for us.

http://www.hstpetition.com/petition/sign.php if you don't agree with HST, sign the petition, if you don't sign and HST passes, don't bitch because of all the money you fork over.

Unfortunately it has already passed and will go into effect July 1. Since it has been voted on and passed unfortuately all the protests from the people will go unheeded. After all Pin Head McSquinty knows what's best for us.

Here is the deal O2, I can't argue with you because I don't know for sure, but my understanding is, they are trying to push this through. I can tell you, I have received pan flits on HST from the government, but I have yet to receive any submission forms. I have however just received PST submission forms for the next 3 months.......so you tell me. If this is all going to take place July 1, they better get cracking. Until then, if you disagree with HST, sign the petition, it literally takes 30sec and it may make a difference.

http://www.hstpetiti...tition/sign.php if you don't agree with HST, sign the petition, if you don't sign and HST passes, don't bitch because of all the money you fork over.

......................and it may make a difference.

...........and it may not. I debated with my (Liberal) MPP over a year ago, "what is the benefit to me of HST and/or what is the benefit to the Province or the Nation". At the time I couldn't understand why he was so smug. This Bill was encouraged by and supported by the Federal Government. So..... I ask you...... if we can't complain to the Conservatives and we can't complain to the Liberals, what are we going to do? Chase Olivia and Jack on their Bicycles? ? ?

http://www.hstpetiti...tition/sign.php if you don't agree with HST, sign the petition, if you don't sign and HST passes, don't bitch because of all the money you fork over.

......................and it may make a difference.

...........and it may not. I debated with my (Liberal) MPP over a year ago, "what is the benefit to me of HST and/or what is the benefit to the Province or the Nation". At the time I couldn't understand why he was so smug. This Bill was encouraged by and supported by the Federal Government. So..... I ask you...... if we can't complain to the Conservatives and we can't complain to the Liberals, what are we going to do? Chase Olivia and Jack on their Bicycles? ? ?

How truly sad and true that statement is STG, and apprently we cannot even protest downtown anymore due to the sound cannons the Toronto Police now have due to the G20, but don't worry folks they are ONLY going to be used to let the crowds know that an offical announcment is about to be made :right_on::headbang::rotflmao:

Here is the deal O2, I can't argue with you because I don't know for sure, but my understanding is, they are trying to push this through. I can tell you, I have received pan flits on HST from the government, but I have yet to receive any submission forms. I have however just received PST submission forms for the next 3 months.......so you tell me. If this is all going to take place July 1, they better get cracking. Until then, if you disagree with HST, sign the petition, it literally takes 30sec and it may make a difference.

I have done the petition and as well responded to the request from the email I received to use the impact calculator that was in one of the newspapers. I then sent as requested my personal impact to the NDP website which they were using to highlight specific cases in the current sessions. The hit to my family will likely be close to $2000.00 rather than the $800.00 the province suggests.

I don't trust any of those clowns. They couldn't run a hot dog stand properly let alone anything of importance. The province has a program OES to deal with electronic disposal(e-waste) You pay a levy at time of purchase on PC's etc. Most large businesses also end up paying for disposal as well since the OES program also allows for them to reuse your old technology. We went through a huge review and application process of our procedures, got approved for partial reimbursement two weeks ago. One week later the province decided to scrap the reimbursement program after they spent a pile of money setting it up.

I'm not going to reprint the whole article but the excerpts should be clear enough to let you know that the odd internet petition ain't gunna do nuthin.

$1 billion in HST rebates mailed this week

Revenue Canada will mail HST rebates to 6.6 million Ontario residents this week, even though the 13 per cent sales tax doesn't take effect until July 1.

The rebates — the opposition parties call them bribes — are to help families deal with the impact of the HST in its first year. About 17 per cent of consumer purchases, including gasoline and home heating fuel, will rise by eight per cent because they are currently exempt from Ontario's provincial sales tax.

"That’s money that we’re passing on directly to our families from the federal government to help them cope with the introduction of the HST," Premier Dalton McGuinty said Tuesday.

Ontario couples with combined incomes under $160,000 will be eligible for HST rebates totalling $1,000, while singles earning under $80,000 will qualify for $300.

British Columbia will also switch to the HST on July 1, but unlike Ontario, isn't offering rebates to offset the impact of the new tax.

"We made a different choice than the one they made in B.C.," said McGuinty. "We decided to take the $4 billion the federal government is giving to the government of Ontario and pass that directly through to the people of Ontario to help them manage under the HST."

.............and so on goes the article.

This is NOT a partisan tax. This is a co-ordinated measure implemented by both Provincial and Federal Governments.

It's here to stay. Just like the "Temporary" income taxes imposed to help fund the First World War.

I'm not going to reprint the whole article but the excerpts should be clear enough to let you know that the odd internet petition ain't gunna do nuthin.

Revenue Canada will mail HST rebates to 6.6 million Ontario residents this week, even though the 13 per cent sales tax doesn't take effect until July 1.

The rebates — the opposition parties call them bribes — are to help families deal with the impact of the HST in its first year. About 17 per cent of consumer purchases, including gasoline and home heating fuel, will rise by eight per cent because they are currently exempt from Ontario's provincial sales tax.

"That’s money that we’re passing on directly to our families from the federal government to help them cope with the introduction of the HST," Premier Dalton McGuinty said Tuesday.

Ontario couples with combined incomes under $160,000 will be eligible for HST rebates totalling $1,000, while singles earning under $80,000 will qualify for $300.

British Columbia will also switch to the HST on July 1, but unlike Ontario, isn't offering rebates to offset the impact of the new tax.

"We made a different choice than the one they made in B.C.," said McGuinty. "We decided to take the $4 billion the federal government is giving to the government of Ontario and pass that directly through to the people of Ontario to help them manage under the HST."

This is NOT a partisan tax. This is a co-ordinated measure implemented by both Provincial and Federal Governments.

It's here to stay. Just like the "Temporary" income taxes imposed to help fund the First World War.

So they are generously going to give back to my wife and I $1,000.00 pf the additional $2,000.00 the HST is going to take out of my pocket. "This year!" Next year bupkus! I am going to set up a business. All you need is a reasonable expectation that business will make a profit and you have about 5 years to do so before Revenue Canada questions it. You can right off a portion of the expenses for your home as a home office, your vehicle operating costs etc.

So they are generously going to give back to my wife and I $1,000.00 pf the additional $2,000.00 the HST is going to take out of my pocket. "This year!" Next year bupkus! I am going to set up a business. All you need is a reasonable expectation that business will make a profit and you have about 5 years to do so before Revenue Canada questions it. You can right off a portion of the expenses for your home as a home office, your vehicle operating costs etc.

while I understand where you are coming from, it isn't really that painless. It is reasonably inexpensive to set up a numbered company and get a vendors permit, but you actually have to run income through your business to claim write-offs, and that can't be your pay cheque either. Revenue Canada is pretty wise to this stuff. You really can't run a company in the ditch for 5 years without being noticed, you can however submit tax dollars that you have collected to the government each month and have a business that just breaks even, and do it for years. I think setting up a business just to try and avoid tax is more work than it is worth.

you are absolutely right STG, but I always feel better after I take a swing, I don't like my face planted in the dirt without trying,even if it is too little to late. :mrgreen:

HST Compensation/Stimulus Cheques Explained

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will receive an 'HST Compensation'' payment. This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'HST Compensation' payment?

A. It is money that the provincial government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the economy by spending your compensation cheque wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India, Taiwan or China.

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in Canada by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or

2) Going to hockey games, or

3) Spending it on prostitutes, or

4) Beer, or

5) Tattoos.

(These are the only Canadian businesses still operating in Canada.)

Conclusion:

Go to a hockey game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day!

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.

That just about covers it.

One word; Shst

Just got my check today in the mail...$100! Where am I gonna spend all that dough? I get another one in December and another next June...wow.

I received my HST cheque today, I also received propaganda on how HST would help my business grow, but the stupid pricks have yet to tell me where to submit HST collected from customers. I guess I have to find that on the government website?

Did you see that all the fine upstanding criminals that we put up in our jail facilities are receiving their HST cheques as well? :crazy:

Did you see that all the fine upstanding criminals that we put up in our jail facilities are receiving their HST cheques as well? :crazy:

Keep in mind that 59% of inmates are there on drug-related charges, and given that studies show time and time again that almost all crime is related to illegal trade, it is probably really 75% or more. Yes, we need taxes like the HST so we can operate prisons to protect people who might otherwise suffer some health issues as a result of their drug use. Think about that for a minute. Ideally people would just obey the law at all times, but it is incredibly frustrating to know how much all of us have to spend in tax dollars simply because people cannot legally acquire and setup legitimate businesses* to provide products that are going to be acquired one way or another anyway.

I'm all for helping people lead healthier lives, but the government has failed on this front. Accept it and quit wasting my money!

* I recently read an interesting article about a bust on a prolific drug lord. His wealth made the richest oil barons look like they are living in the poor house. Imagine if the government could actually tax those sales!

I received my HST cheque today, I also received propaganda on how HST would help my business grow, but the stupid pricks have yet to tell me where to submit HST collected from customers. I guess I have to find that on the government website?

Actually not all of the criminals are receiving the HST cheques... just the ones that are serving a sentence of 90 days or less. When they get out they can spend the money on products that will energize the economy.

got mine and heading to Michigan to spend it,,,,, :mrgreen:

Actually if you are already a registered GST business then it will be the same thing as you do now for GST, all will be done on the CRA GST/HST Return for Registrants every quarter, if you are not registered then you will need to. One thing about it is that no more PST remittance from now on, and go figure, I won't receive any HST rebate cheque.

Actually if you are already a registered GST business then it will be the same thing as you do now for GST, all will be done on the CRA GST/HST Return for Registrants every quarter, if you are not registered then you will need to. One thing about it is that no more PST remittance from now on, and go figure, I won't receive any HST rebate cheque.

Is there still the exemption level like the GST? Sales under $30k and you do not need to register nor collect?

From the Ontario Ministry of Revenue FAQ:

Will I have to register to collect the HST?

Businesses that are registered for GST will be required to collect the HST.

To reduce the administrative burden for small businesses, Ontario will parallel the federal small supplier threshold. In general, businesses with sales under the threshold (those with total taxable sales of $30,000 or less in the last year or $50,000 or less in the case of a public service body) will not be required to register and collect tax.

Small suppliers that choose not to register will not be required to file a tax return and will not be eligible to claim input tax credits. If a small supplier chooses to register, it will be eligible to claim input tax credits related to its taxable supplies when it files its tax return.

That's how it is done, you remit every quarter, been doing the GST/HST remittance that way ever since it started.

yes,I remit GST quarterly as well. I had my secretary look into it, and there is an option to remit monthly, which my company will be doing. That is an awfully large cheque to be writing quarterly in my opinion.

Archived