Rap Gas Locations

Luther

I'm looking for Gas between North Bay and Pembroke. 100 mile range is the max.

Thanks,

Dave

Gas is avaliablle in Mattawa, Stoneclife, Deep River(road rash) and Petawawa.

Gas in Stonecliffe and pretty sure there was in Mattawa as well.

[

quote name=Luther' date='16 February 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1266340079' post='68453]

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

There is a gas station in Stonecliff (I think that's the name of the place). When we went through they had no premium fuel so we continued on our way. We didn't see any other opportunities for gas until Mattawa which was about 135 miles from Pembroke. There is gas in Petawawa but it's not far from Pembroke.

Thanks,

Dave

There is a gas station in Stonecliff (I think that's the name of the place). When we went through they had no premium fuel so we continued on our way. We didn't see any other opportunities for gas until Mattawa which was about 135 miles from Pembroke. There is gas in Petawawa but it's not far from Pembroke.

Hey, Evil...how did you enjoy the RAP tour? Did you manage to find some acceptable accommodation in the Haliburton area?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey, Evil...how did you enjoy the RAP tour? Did you manage to find some acceptable accommodation in the Haliburton area?

Hey IREV,

The RAP tour was awesome, a couple of places were thin, but for the most part pretty good. Around the Mattawa area was brutal maybe due to high traffic on the weekend and no grooming in between. Would do this tour again!

We stayed at Haliburton Heights,..................very nice place!

Do you think it was new? I don't have it on my list.

There is gas available in Rolphton a couple kms off the main trail, Stonecliff, trail goes pretty much behind the station and Mattawa Golf n ski a few kms off the trail but 25 or 30 kms east of the town of Mattawa. One of the longest stretches of trail is between Madawaska and Pembroke if you stay on the B trail, there is only 1 stop for gas in Round Lake center that is close to the trail, take SCSA 148 and it is probably 10 to 12 km to Round Lake, If you take B102 and B101A instead of the B you have lots of stops available.

bmax

Easy access to gas at Rolphton, was just there Saturday but I think the store in Stonecliff still has gas to. Was if not still called Yates General Store and right beside trail. Should have plenty of gas to get from Pembroke to Stonecliff no problem. To get gas in Mattawa I think it's 10clicks or so off trail?? Yates I dont think is listed on trail map anymore, but worth a search and a phone call before heading that way.

Ooopps, sorry bmax, think I just carbon copied your response almost. Your post hadn't showed up on my computer until after I posted.........

Its a condo resort Revrnd (fractional ownership I believe) beside the Wigamog that just closed up last year.

Thanks for that info...I know the place you mean, but thought it also carried the Wig-A-Mog name. Thus, like revrnd, I didn't recognize that "new" name either, but it's been 5 years since we sold our Haliburton cottage.

There is gas available in Rolphton a couple kms off the main trail,

I was by it on Hwy 17 last Nov'. It's an Esso & the Rolphton Motel & a restaurant are right next to it.

It's a time share right beside Wigamog. My sister got it under RCI.

If your going to take the south route on the A trail I wouldn't bother going into mattawa because as previously posted it would be a little out of the way. I didn't realize the golf club sold gas, good to know. Not sure where your starting from in north bay but if you gas up at the Crevier on lake nosbonsing you will have zero problems getting to Rolphton. It's about another 80-85 miles from Rolphton to Pembroke depending where your staying in Pembroke. If that's cutting it a little to close for ya then stop in Deep River.

Rolphton to Pembroke is about 45 miles.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Ya that's it......I was thinking metric :ssh::whatever:

Rolphton to Pembroke is about 45 miles.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'd say it is about 48 miles :-) . Which makes it about 80 Kilothingies - Flash800, maybe you were thinking metric. (?)

94 km from the Bestwestern in Pembroke to Rolphton with a stop in Deep River to pick up lunch...By GPS on the trail not the Highway.

form 600,

Did you take the B trail from Whitney all the way up to the 128 and return via the same route? I was up last weekend and the B trail from B106E just into Whitney was snirt and moguled. I was thinking about looping up to Madawaska and back to Lk St. Peter via the 175 & 173. The Woods station was out of gas last Friday at Lk St. Peter waiting for a delivery. Nearest gas was Whitney.

form 600,

Did you take the B trail from Whitney all the way up to the 128 and return via the same route? I was up last weekend and the B trail from B106E just into Whitney was snirt and moguled. I was thinking about looping up to Madawaska and back to Lk St. Peter via the 175 & 173. The Woods station was out of gas last Friday at Lk St. Peter waiting for a delivery. Nearest gas was Whitney.

Gas is also available at Maynooth Station a little ways south of Lake St. Peter. Off trail but signed.

Archived