Our Annual Trip

AkronOrange

On the 21st we plan to start, what we call, "The Big Trip". This year the plan is as follows:

New Liskeard - Gogama

Gogama - Hearst

Hearst - Longlac (Klotz)

Klotz - Marathon

Marathon - Hornepayne

Hornepayne - Cochrane

Cochrane - New Liskeard

I am most interested in any information anyone has about places west of Hearst. Has anyone been on A107A or to Marathon?

Thanks in advance,

We're in a holding pattern right now for our trip.

I was on the OFSC's site today. Gogama in Dist' 14 & A107A in Dist' 15 are listed as closed.

Check Thursday because the reports should be updated in the morning.

We're in a holding pattern right now for our trip.

I was on the OFSC's site today. Gogama in Dist' 14 & A107A in Dist' 15 are listed as closed.

Check Thursday because the reports should be updated in the morning.

When is your trip? I'm prepared to ride Hearst and east if we need to. I would like to make it it to Klotz Lake if we can. Can the Nakina Loop be done? Does anyone know?

Greenstone Snowmobile Website says the Nakina Loop is open, but has some bare spots. They're doing a poker fun in the next week or two, so they have been working hard to get it open. Lack od snow in these parts is a big problem.

BP

Greenstone Snowmobile Website says the Nakina Loop is open, but has some bare spots. They're doing a poker fun in the next week or two, so they have been working hard to get it open. Lack od snow in these parts is a big problem.

BP

I'll have keep an eye on the conditions. Doesn't look good for A107A getting groomed this year due the lack of snow. We like to do the loop from Hearst to Longlac then back through Hillsport and Hornepayne. I hope we can make it through on either route this year.

BP

Does anyone have any faith in the long term forecast over the next couple of weeks and chances of getting any snow. :banghead:

BP

Does anyone have any faith in the long term forecast over the next couple of weeks and chances of getting any snow. :banghead:

We all have faith, my son; without which, our empty souls are haven for the Devil's occupation.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be; world without end.

Amen

BP

We all have faith, my son; without which, our empty souls are haven for the Devil's occupation.

Amen

I BELIEVE :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

BP

Amen

I BELIEVE :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

May the Peace of the Lord be always with you, Faceman. :-)

I am also a believer!

Thanks be to STG

You mean those REALLY were Bible Studies in the Far North????? And here all this time I figured they were just evenings at the bar and / or strip clubs!!!!

Shame on me for doubting :oops:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You mean those REALLY were Bible Studies in the Far North????? And here all this time I figured they were just evenings at the bar and / or strip clubs!!!!

The Bible Studies are the reason for the gatherings. Sometimes sacrifices in the venue must be made.....

hate to be the bearer of bad news but 14 day outlook isnt calling for any new snow for the area. i have never saw a pattern set up like this, for this large of an area. it has been all winter. also, remember the days are getting longer, and this forcast takes us almost to march. it is the begining of the end, and it never really started. if you get the chance go more sooner than later, it wont take much to end this.

wawa no snow for next 14 days

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0731?ref=qlink_lt_14day

hearst (one day of flurries for next 14 days)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0301?ref=qlink_st_14day

geraldton no snow for next 14 days

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0260?ref=qlink_st_14day

and look at the temps, they are starting to trend higher. without the "normal" snow fall totals this region cannot withstand a significant long term warm up. and if it rains, all bets are off. i am really questioning if we will be able to access the remote lakes this spring for the walleye season end date.

i have faith but, it is failing fast. good luck to all of us, especially the communities that need winter tourism dollars. ski

Here are some predictions straight from the man of the house...

The weather this year is just like the economy!! Everything is in SLOW gear.. but should start to pick up .. just like we hear on the news.. so let's make the best of it! We're not giving up.. because of the lack of snow, the ice will be harder and might last just enough to catch the BEST tasting fish ever! March just might surprise you with some good riding opportunities. icon_e_wink.gif There's always a way to get some good quality outdoor adventures.

The Bible Studies are the reason for the gatherings. Sometimes sacrifices in the venue must be made.....

It's true, SledJunk. After a Spirited Communion Service (and sometimes the trying circumstances in these remote areas require several rounds of Communion) we are prepared to take up our missionary positions and lay healing hands on the sinning waifs some of whom are so poor as to not afford simple clothing.

He that soweth little shall reap little; and he that soweth plenteously shall reap plenteously.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but 14 day outlook isnt calling for any new snow for the area. i have never saw a pattern set up like this, for this large of an area. it has been all winter. also, remember the days are getting longer, and this forcast takes us almost to march. it is the begining of the end, and it never really started. if you get the chance go more sooner than later, it wont take much to end this.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0731?ref=qlink_lt_14day

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0301?ref=qlink_st_14day

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0260?ref=qlink_st_14day

and look at the temps, they are starting to trend higher. without the "normal" snow fall totals this region cannot withstand a significant long term warm up. and if it rains, all bets are off. i am really questioning if we will be able to access the remote lakes this spring for the walleye season end date.

i have faith but, it is failing fast. good luck to all of us, especially the communities that need winter tourism dollars. ski

We will ride and spend our equal american tourism dollars. We will enjoy the time we spend in Ontario as we always do. I'll watch the weather, the posts here, and every other source of information I can find. If it require for us to spend more time partaking in communion and trying to preserve the souls of those poor unclothed, wayward deciples - so be it. Sacrifices must be made. I'll be there to offer all of the help I can. It's the least I can do....

http://www.theweathe...=qlink_lt_14day

http://www.theweathe...=qlink_st_14day

http://www.theweathe...=qlink_st_14day

THEY ALL SAY A GREAT RIDDE UP HERE FOR SNOW CONDITIONS....GET HERE NOW!!!!!

KELL :-D

We will ride and spend our equal american tourism dollars. We will enjoy the time we spend in Ontario as we always do. I'll watch the weather, the posts here, and every other source of information I can find. If it require for us to spend more time partaking in communion and trying to preserve the souls of those poor unclothed, wayward deciples - so be it. Sacrifices must be made. I'll be there to offer all of the help I can. It's the least I can do....

Get here it is great

KELL

Archived