when meeting A-holes

cehyoopers

i enjoy sledding have been for 39 years ,,,just the freedom and the enjoyment of being out in the middle of nowhere with your friends and family ,,,,,,and the enjoyment of beating my helmut off the head of some fool that just wrecked a perfect sledding day ...brings a smile to my face :coffeespit:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that the idgits are an ISSUE because I've t boned a 19 year old (on a MXZ 583) riding too fast for the corner & winding up sliding past me. If he had been riding responsibly we would've met safely. 600 bucks to fix the damage on my sled, none to his.

The 2nd incident, as we approached a blind corner, 2 riders motioned sleds behind. Because of the speed they were travelling I stopped before the corner. Well a second or 2 later a sled comes flying around the corner ON MY SIDE OF THE TRAIL. His LH ski bounces off mine as he attempted to get back on his side. If I had continued merrily along on my way there would been a head on collision.

I find it hard to believe that the OFSC powers to be haven't personally encountered situations like this. Maybe they don't ride as much as we think they do.

I feel that the idgits are an ISSUE because I've t boned a 19 year old (on a MXZ 583) riding too fast for the corner & winding up sliding past me. If he had been riding responsibly we would've met safely. 600 bucks to fix the damage on my sled, none to his.

The 2nd incident, as we approached a blind corner, 2 riders motioned sleds behind. Because of the speed they were travelling I stopped before the corner. Well a second or 2 later a sled comes flying around the corner ON MY SIDE OF THE TRAIL. His LH ski bounces off mine as he attempted to get back on his side. If I had continued merrily along on my way there would been a head on collision.

I find it hard to believe that the OFSC powers to be haven't personally encountered situations like this. Maybe they don't ride as much as we think they do.

And this is the problem. For those of us that ride allot, we probably see it more than the occasional sledder, I don't encounter close calls on every trip, but it seems to be happening more often. The sleds these days pack some serious jam, you get these people buying 140 to 160 hp sleds that are absolute bullets. These people haven't worked there way up to gain the appropriate talent to control the power, and it is really starting to show.

As for the zero tolerance on alcohol, it won't change much. As for enforcing the speed limit and applying this to the demerit points system, kiss the sport good bye. 90% of the people that snowmobile, do it for the excitement and the rush that it brings. I know that is why my parents and their friend snowmobiled, and that is what hooked me, it was the last of the motorsports that you could have fun and not have the cops breathing down your neck. Now it is becoming like everything else, the cops are laying fines and stopping everybody and taking the fun out of it. All I ask is that the cowboys keep it to their own GD side of the trail, and all will be fine......later

Sledding has introduced me to fantastic people.

Ahhh, Thanks. :right_on:

Sledding has introduced me to fantastic people.

Ahhh, Thanks. :right_on:

And some, not so much :poke: :poke: :poke: :rotflmao:

And this is the problem. For those of us that ride allot, we probably see it more than the occasional sledder, I don't encounter close calls on every trip, but it seems to be happening more often. The sleds these days pack some serious jam, you get these people buying 140 to 160 hp sleds that are absolute bullets. These people haven't worked there way up to gain the appropriate talent to control the power, and it is really starting to show.

As for the zero tolerance on alcohol, it won't change much. As for enforcing the speed limit and applying this to the demerit points system, kiss the sport good bye. 90% of the people that snowmobile, do it for the excitement and the rush that it brings. I know that is why my parents and their friend snowmobiled, and that is what hooked me, it was the last of the motorsports that you could have fun and not have the cops breathing down your neck. Now it is becoming like everything else, the cops are laying fines and stopping everybody and taking the fun out of it. All I ask is that the cowboys keep it to their own GD side of the trail, and all will be fine......later

very good post,,,,I agree,,,and add,there is a time and a place to let'r rip,,,,,please be responsible,,,,if you are drifting into the other side of the trail,you are driving to fast for your sleds ability,,,,and sooner then later you will get tagged.

Do you know what I think the problem is? Non factual posts and media bias that perpuates a negative stereotype without having a shred of bearing on future issues.

I wasnt saying it was acceptabel for people to die. I wasnt saying accidents are ok. What I was saying is that they will happen and until it gets to be an issue that it is unsafe for everyone to go out then we should deal with it on a large systemic basis.

What your doing is sensationalising the bad and negating the good. Why dont you pull up everyone's good posts about sledding. How about Evils trip to North bay and Liskeard. Or Muskoka Man's Port Sydney and sprucedale pics. Why dont you sensationalise that instead of being a harbinger of negativity and death without fact! Your as bad as the friggin media. Mcluhan was correct. The media will harp on death and destruction yet do a fluff piece once in awhile about the good of sledding. Why? Why dont you be an ambassador of the sport instead of spouting these non-factual stories.

Here is my statement and I can back it up.

Sledding is fun. Sledding has been a positive experience in my life. I know that snowmobiling has gotten safer over the years. Sledding has introduced me to fantastic people. Sledding will be an enjoyable experience for many years to come.

p.s. I dont take this stuff personally and enjoy these argumentative posts. I think they only bring good and help this sport.

Holy Crap ! I agree with the bunny !

The issue is not sledding it is the occasional idiot trying to cleanse the gene pool . Same problem on the highways with vehicles same idiots . I can honestly say that I have held my ground in more than one corner and bushed more than one of these idiots ,sound rough ? f------ them .

Essentially I agree with the bunny as well! I just believe that we have an education opportunity for the minority and should not ignore that opportunity to educate the reckless.

Please people if you're quoting a post, edit the post to eliminate the previous quotes.

If you're not quoting the last post, just replying to the thread use the "Add Reply" button rather than the "Reply" button.

Thanks, it makes it easier to read the posts.

Please people if you're quoting a post, edit the post to eliminate the previous quotes.

If you're not quoting the last post, just replying to the thread use the "Add Reply" button rather than the "Reply" button.

Thanks, it makes it easier to read the posts.

Where did you learn this ??? I have all sorts of questions about how to use this new stuff !!

Is there a "how to use the new poop" clickable somewhere?

Archived