D103B - Mary Lake - Trail Report???

Domino

Are sleds running Mary Lake?

Are sleds running Mary Lake?

Dom, Hill & Gully still has it marked as closed on their web site, and as of the other day, the east side approach to the lake on D103B was still blocked with a barrier at Muskoka Road # 10.

Personally, I wouldn't trust it yet, although there are no doubt some sled tracks on the lake from the west side approach or the beach at Port Sydney.

Thanks! That's what we needed. :wavey:

Made it! :wavey:

Did you stop to take a picture?

Proof?

:poke: :lol:

Did you stop to take a picture?

Proof?

:poke: :lol:

Not worth stopping to take pictures but we do have 7 others who can witness the fact we all made it.

I had a feeling you were one of the group. Great to hear all went well.

As mentioned, tricky lake (actually, many references to 'ride where you know', etc. recently).

so you ran across a closed, non staked lake and then published it on the net?

:wtf:

:umno::crazy:

Had a talk to a local prior too, and the beaten path was deemed (assumed) safe. Trail was groomed to the lake with no "closed" signs on the west side.

Shouldn't you be at a Hockey game?

Had a talk to a local prior too, and the beaten path was deemed (assumed) safe. Trail was groomed to the lake with no "closed" signs on the west side.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I was on my way to a Hockey game and it was a closed non staked lake crossing that you crossed and then posted it on the net. Im not sure what local you talked to but it doesnt matter.

My 2 cents.

why bother grooming if you can't finish it. There should be a sign at the trail head stating the lake isn't staked yet. This very thing happened to me several years ago at the same place. We were staying at the grandview and it was late at night and this happened. It's quite a long trail too, if we knew it wasn't staked at the beginning we would have cut our losses and gone around town. I hate that lake, will never go near it again now that I know.

why bother grooming if you can't finish it. There should be a sign at the trail head stating the lake isn't staked yet. This very thing happened to me several years ago at the same place. We were staying at the grandview and it was late at night and this happened. It's quite a long trail too, if we knew it wasn't staked at the beginning we would have cut our losses and gone around town. I hate that lake, will never go near it again now that I know.

From either side of the lake there is very little trail that is completely lake dependant for many people who use the trail. On one side there are many locals who need access to the east side, not to metion that the groomer shed is a par 4 from the lake.

On the other side there are numerous bussinesses dependant on sledding and it is a main thoughofare for sleds. Both sides need trail grooming well before the lake can be opened.

Don't forget that there is a land route through town... It is a sparker, but an alternative...

I do understand that you may have been frustrated. Perhaps an email to the club would help? Indicate where your "point of comitment" to the lake may have been and sugest they put up a sign to indicate, lake staked or not...

Scott

There are lots of tracks going across but no stakes as of this afternoon.

Thanks for the report, but we had our roving on ice reporter say the same thing!

:poke: :poke:

:rotflmao:

p.s. maybe an accurate simple report for the ape would help! :D

Thanks for the report, but we had our roving on ice reporter say the same thing!

Absolutely. Keep it simple for the Ape. Use words of more than one Syllable and he'll call you a Putz ! :roll:

Absolutely. Keep it simple for the Ape. Use words of more than one Syllable and he'll call you a Putz ! :roll:

Actually, I didn't think it mattered...didn't he end up calling you a Putz again anyway, even after you "dumbed it down" by making your trail report mono-syllabic? :lol:

Actually, I didn't think it mattered...didn't he end up calling you a Putz again anyway, even after you "dumbed it down" by making your trail report mono-syllabic? :lol:

I know, I know....... it's a real challenge to make it dumb enough for him to grasp.

Maybe we can try spelling it out in bananas. :wtf:

Have to try something. Apparently he can't even read words like "Trail" and "Closed" :roll::roll:

I know, I know....... it's a real challenge to make it dumb enough for him to grasp.

Have to try something. Apparently he can't even read words like "Trail" and "Closed" :roll::roll:

Yes but apparently he can tell a local from a visitor................... :roll:

Don't tell him (Shhhh...!), but Mary Lake will be staked, open and actually safe to ride as of tomorrow afternoon. See my forthcoming post in the "Lake Ice" thread. :rotflmao:

Don't tell him (Shhhh...!), but Mary Lake will be staked, open and actually safe to ride as of tomorrow afternoon. See my forthcoming post in the "Lake Ice" thread. :rotflmao:

He'll probably stay off it now. :rotflmao:

Archived