600 etec!

Viper700

Thinking of buying an 2010 etc 600 ren trail. My one sled has 15000km on it now, so I figured it is time for a change. I figured the monkey hasn't managed to destroy this particular engine so it must be fairly durable?? I need something that I can ride two up with once in awhile and like to play in the deep stuff when the weather cooperates. Anyone have any comments.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:umno: I have not had the opportunity to blow up an etec. I did have a SDI and I did not blow it up. So good news there. I know have the 4tec. It has its first few kilometres today, so far, so good.

I love my 600 etec adr, but then again I am a cautious rider and let hubby do all the crazy stuff on his mxz.

I don't have one but I hear they are a great sled. My only concern is from what I have read changing a spark plug is not something you can do on the side of a trail? I know they warranty the plugs for some time but a warranty dosen't help when your broken on the trail. Once again I have read this as one of the bad things, how true or how hard it is to change a plug I really don't know but if it is that hard I would stick with a sdi or go Yamaha 4 stroke my buddy has a Apex what a awesome sled.

Apex LTX gives you a longer footprint as well as a longer seat for that once and a while two up thing...And those 150 ponies will certainly move you right along. 4 stroke and bulletproof. You can also probably find an 09

We have 2 Etechs. The first one has almost 9,000km s on it - the 2nd one has approx 5,000kms on it. No problems and we LOVE THEM! Also - 5 others in our group have also purchased them and love them as well. Besides being great on fuel and oil - they are light (definitely lighter than the Yammy), easy to handle and handle the deep powder well! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the XP platform or the Etech engine :wavey::wavey:

Giddy up, that's awesome. We bought 2 4tecs last year and put over 9000kms on both of them. Flawless as well. With that kind of mileage on the 2 stroke do you think they will need any kind of rebuild? I know on previous 2 strokes climbing above the 10K mark was nearing the rebuilding point.

With that kind of mileage on the 2 stroke do you think they will need any kind of rebuild?

Theoretically, the direct injection two strokes should outlast four strokes. The historical problems of the two stroke are not problems with direct injection. I say theoretically because I am speaking in general terms, the 2TEC implementation may have flaws. Though I am excited to see where this technology will go in the future. Hopefully the push for four strokes has not killed off the future potential that the two stroke has to offer.

Giddy up, that's awesome. We bought 2 4tecs last year and put over 9000kms on both of them. Flawless as well. With that kind of mileage on the 2 stroke do you think they will need any kind of rebuild? I know on previous 2 strokes climbing above the 10K mark was nearing the rebuilding point.

I had 10,000 MILES on my 06 SDI with no issues.

UTS says that's because you ride like a girl. :P :poke: :P

:itwasuts:

A girl that you can't keep up with :poke:

A girl that you can't keep up with :poke:

She doesn't ride too fast for me.

I ride to Slow for Her :P :P

:curse:

Well, I know I ride faster than YOU and some that try to follow, but end up in the rhubarb! :P

:poke:

:curse:

Well, I know I ride faster than YOU ..... :P

:poke:

Well that doesn't make you a member of a very exclusive club :lol::lol::lol:

rhubarb????

hahaha thats a play on words!!!

:D

Well I won't comment on the BRP sled quality since I don't own one. I will comment on the personal experience I had with my Seedoo Jet Boat and BRP customer Service. Horrible is just too kind, and for that alone I would recommend Yamaha.

Even the dealers admit customer service has declined since the BRP family sold the recreational division. Hopefully they are listening.

Bought a 2010 and just got a chance for 40 miles this week...so far super impressed lot'sa giddy up

no choke to bother with..easy starting clean running machine cant tell much about milage but appears real good

I have only put on maybe 20 miles. But so far I love my 2010 E-tech.

As far as service goes, I having been riding Ski-Doo since 1990 and have great experiences with Doo. I personally have not had any motor issues since 1995.

Yamadude it's unfortunate you have had bad experiences with Doo.

Bought a 2010 and just got a chance for 40 miles this week...so far super impressed lot'sa giddy up

no choke to bother with..easy starting clean running machine cant tell much about milage but appears real good

As far as service goes, I having been riding Ski-Doo since 1990 and have great experiences with Doo. I personally have not had any motor issues since 1995.

They all break buy what makes you happy .

You're right Bill, all brands are pretty good these days, it's all a personal preference.

Yes, everything does break, some break faster than others, and that is preferance, however there needs to be a distinction between quality and customer service. I mean, if you buy a new sled, and something breaks during the warrenty period, you would expect the company to honour that and fix it right. Well not BRP, they give the dealers way too much power and do not police their actions. I mean if a bilge pump fails during the warrenty period, is it up to the local dealer to decide? I mean how useless can one be. BRP response to me was, they have no authority over their dealers, give me a break people, you are the maunufacturer that is letting your dealers give you a bad name. Yes, If I brought my problems back to the dealer I purchased from, I would not have this issue, but that is not the point is it?

It is customer service, piss poor, and yes something I guess BRP has neglected.

Yes, everything does break, some break faster than others, and that is preferance, however there needs to be a distinction between quality and customer service. I mean, if you buy a new sled, and something breaks during the warrenty period, you would expect the company to honour that and fix it right. Well not BRP, they give the dealers way too much power and do not police their actions. I mean if a bilge pump fails during the warrenty period, is it up to the local dealer to decide? I mean how useless can one be. BRP response to me was, they have no authority over their dealers, give me a break people, you are the maunufacturer that is letting your dealers give you a bad name. Yes, If I brought my problems back to the dealer I purchased from, I would not have this issue, but that is not the point is it?

It is customer service, piss poor, and yes something I guess BRP has neglected.

Sounds like a bad dealer .

Archived