600 etec!

Viper700

Yes, but this is Hijacking. The post started out as opinions on the 600 etec (BRP Service Included). If one wants to discuss something else, start a new thread.

Protip: It is not a hijacking as long as those who are participating in the sub-discussion(s) use proper quoting etiquette and the path into the new discussion has at least some relation to the original discussion. If you look at this thread, all of the sub-discussions had a natural segue. Now if someone came in and randomly posted: "Hay guys, check out my new toaster!" That would be a hijack. What you see happening here is not a hijack in any way, shape, or form.

For all intents and purposes, the 600 ETEC discussion is over. If it is interesting enough to revisit again, the discussion will start up again on that topic and drown out the other conversations. But the whole reason the topic changed gears is because there simply isn't anything more to say about the original topic at this time. This is not a bad thing.

Furthermore, starting a new thread is not a good idea. It loses all of the context on which the discussion was built. Discussion is useless without context. I will agree that a real hijacking should be in its own thread.

Our friend Cliff Claven has spoken !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but this is Hijacking. The post started out as opinions on the 600 etec (BRP Service Included). If one wants to discuss something else, start a new thread.

Protip: It is not a hijacking as long as those who are participating in the sub-discussion(s) use proper quoting etiquette and the path into the new discussion has at least some relation to the original discussion. If you look at this thread, all of the sub-discussions had a natural segue. Now if someone came in and randomly posted: "Hay guys, check out my new toaster!" That would be a hijack. What you see happening here is not a hijack in any way, shape, or form.

For all intents and purposes, the 600 ETEC discussion is over. If it is interesting enough to revisit again, the discussion will start up again on that topic and drown out the other conversations. But the whole reason the topic changed gears is because there simply isn't anything more to say about the original topic at this time. This is not a bad thing.

Furthermore, starting a new thread is not a good idea. It loses all of the context on which the discussion was built. Discussion is useless without context. I will agree that a real hijacking should be in its own thread.

Our friend Cliff Claven has spoken !

:coffeespit: Exactly what I was thinking, WB... maybe there will be a pop quiz later... :P :lol:

Archived