First Ride

Bruce Burke

yaa that becomes a problem :lol: you need to introduce your friends to the sport

Or dump them. :lol:

Better to get them to go sledding with you... A friend of ours got us hooked a number of years ago... he asked if I wanted to go for a ride while our wives shared a bottle of wine. I thought he was talking about 1/2 hour or so. We ended up being out for 7 hours. Two weeks later I had a 2 up sled. 1 1/2 years later had to buy my wife her own sled...

Drunk women or a sled ride????????...............................not sure I would have left for 7 hours! ;)

Two women sharing a bottle of wine. Spending 7 hours with a Guy.

hmmmmm....

thinking. thinking.........

:P

The wife is at home with me all the time... you only get a chance at your very first sled ride once in a while. You must be single or a newly wed. Definitely not a long term married person.

Is the "wife" your left or right? :P

yaa that becomes a problem :lol: you need to introduce your friends to the sport

Better to get them to go sledding with you... A friend of ours got us hooked a number of years ago... he asked if I wanted to go for a ride while our wives shared a bottle of wine. I thought he was talking about 1/2 hour or so. We ended up being out for 7 hours. Two weeks later I had a 2 up sled. 1 1/2 years later had to buy my wife her own sled...

Drunk women or a sled ride????????...............................not sure I would have left for 7 hours! ;)

hmmmmm....

The wife is at home with me all the time... you only get a chance at your very first sled ride once in a while. You must be single or a newly wed. Definitely not a long term married person.

Not going there... little kids may read this....

hmmmmm....

Your right!...........I saw Dom on here somewhere.............good thinking! ;)

hmmmmm....

Your right!...........I saw Dom on here somewhere.............good thinking! ;)

7 hours with Dom :shock::shock:

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

hmmmmm....

hmmmmm....

i'll post it, but i know all guys are thinking it, two women drinking wine for 7hrs and no men around ummm could be interesting. hahaha

hmmmmm....

i'll post it, but i know all guys are thinking it, two women drinking wine for 7hrs and no men around ummm could be interesting. hahaha

And passing that up to spend time with another guy ? ?

:shock::o:shock:

hmmmmm....

Shouldn't you be out giving Tech Tips to Seniors ? ? :P :poke: :P

hmmmmm....

They celebrate his anniversaries with precious metals..... Old as rumours of a second coming! :poke:

hmmmmm....

They celebrate his anniversaries with precious metals..... Old as rumours of a second coming! :poke:

At my age there's no second coming without at least two weeks' notice ! :oops:

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Usedtoskidoo, Thanks for the tip! I'll check that. It seems as though she only hit the pole with the side of the ski....she went to go around the pole and it was on a slight slope, she gassed it and leaned the wrong way and just kind of got jammed against the pole. The ski is definitely bent though but I thought I may be able to straighten that out?

At any rate, at least she didn't get hurt!

Oh and speaking of getting the fever...I wanted to get home early today so I could get out for a quick rip but forgot we were having guests for dinner. I had to contain my enthusiasm when I arrived home :o ....tomorrow for sure!

bruce

Is it a plastic ski? If it is....................check it!

It's a plastic ski....I took it off tonight and it's got a dirty twist in it so I guess I'll get a new one and might as well get some new carbides while I'm at it...as my buddy told me the other day "you're a snowmobiler now, money is no object" :lol:

Check the Nun, if your ski is bent so is the Nun........

Are you bending nuns again ?

Bad wabbit straight to confessional for you !

First dumb question but probably not my last; Is a nun the aluminum ski suport thingamajig?

Yes its the substructure underneath the sled that all the a-arms are bolted too. Very light but notoriously thin.

First dumb question but probably not my last; Is a nun the aluminum ski suport thingamajig?

Yes its the substructure underneath the sled that all the a-arms are bolted too. Very light but notoriously thin.

Certainly bends easier on a hit to the left ski than the right ski. But none the less it proves that the lighter a sled gets the more vulnerable that it is to collision damage.

Certainly bends easier on a hit to the left ski than the right ski. But none the less it proves that the lighter a sled gets the more vulnerable that it is to collision damage.

Right Ski and carbides (both sides) changed...inspeced everything recommended but didn't see any other damage. What a pain to get the rivets out of the ear...

Thanks for the tips guys.

Can we pleeeease have some snow now?

Archived