First Ride

Bruce Burke

Well after not having Ski Dooed for 30 years I had mine out for a little test ride today. The Etec is a little different from my last machine - 76 JD 340 Cyclone :o My wife has never ridden before and had fun with her 550f GSX but kind up bumped into a telephone pole and bent her ski a little :? noinjuries to speak of and she got right back on.

We're both pumped now for the opening of the trails....never looked forward to winter before until now.

Bruce and Sonja Burke

Welcome back to sledding! This is my third year back after many years away from the sport. Enjoy and stay safe. Oh and yes this forum is a great resource.

Welcome back to the sport. It will b very different.

Also welcome to the forum. Don't mind the jokes and hijacks. All part of the fun here.

Also welcome to the forum. Don't mind the jokes and hijacks. All part of the fun here.

Thanks!! and I welcome the jokes and hijacking....this cat doesn't get upset that easy

But I thought you had Ski-Doo's :P

The Etec is a little different from my last machine - 76 JD 340 Cyclone :o

I guess :!: :P :D

Welcome back to the greatest sport going. And Welcome to the SledForum dedicated to it ! Glad to have you "on board" and hope you post often. This is a great resource for trail conditions, for lodging and routing information, for technical advice and all things related to sledding. Sometimes we try to have fun here, too. ;)

ENJOY :!:

Thanks!! and I welcome the jokes and hijacking....this cat doesn't get upset that easy

either does mine(I hope :o ),,,,,,,welcome back,,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well after not having Ski Dooed for 30 years I had mine out for a little test ride today. The Etec is a little different from my last machine - 76 JD 340 Cyclone :o My wife has never ridden before and had fun with her 550f GSX but kind up bumped into a telephone pole and bent her ski a little :? noinjuries to speak of and she got right back on.

We're both pumped now for the opening of the trails....never looked forward to winter before until now.

Bruce and Sonja Burke

That's it you have the fever... there is no cure known to modern medicine. It can only be managed through proper treatment which means time on the trails...

Bruce Burke

Don't forget to mark Feb 20 on your calendar. Come out to the 3rd Annual OC Ride for Kelly in Huntsville. It is a great opportunity to meet people from the forum and have a great time while raising money for a very worthwhile cause.

Hope to see you there.

Bruce,

I am new to this sport as of last year, never ridden prior. Glad your wife rides along, mine refuses to. Perhaps it is for the better as she would probably hit the poles and trees too and just end up blaming me. Of all the powersports, I think snowmobiling is my favourite. It must be, why does everyone else think we are nuts looking outside waiting for the snow to fall. I got all the seasons covered now.

Bruce and Sonja Burke

Bruce,

Have fun with the sleds. But , make sure you get that 550 checked out. Any little bump and a ski-doo will fold up and either crease, crack or bend the nun(substructure). Trust me! :roll:

Look underneath or stand right over the ski-tips and look down. If one is farther forward than the other...........not good.

my 2 cents

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Usedtoskidoo, Thanks for the tip! I'll check that. It seems as though she only hit the pole with the side of the ski....she went to go around the pole and it was on a slight slope, she gassed it and leaned the wrong way and just kind of got jammed against the pole. The ski is definitely bent though but I thought I may be able to straighten that out?

At any rate, at least she didn't get hurt!

Oh and speaking of getting the fever...I wanted to get home early today so I could get out for a quick rip but forgot we were having guests for dinner. I had to contain my enthusiasm when I arrived home :o ....tomorrow for sure!

bruce

yaa that becomes a problem :lol: you need to introduce your friends to the sport

Or dump them. :lol:

Better to get them to go sledding with you... A friend of ours got us hooked a number of years ago... he asked if I wanted to go for a ride while our wives shared a bottle of wine. I thought he was talking about 1/2 hour or so. We ended up being out for 7 hours. Two weeks later I had a 2 up sled. 1 1/2 years later had to buy my wife her own sled...

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Usedtoskidoo, Thanks for the tip! I'll check that. It seems as though she only hit the pole with the side of the ski....she went to go around the pole and it was on a slight slope, she gassed it and leaned the wrong way and just kind of got jammed against the pole. The ski is definitely bent though but I thought I may be able to straighten that out?

At any rate, at least she didn't get hurt!

Oh and speaking of getting the fever...I wanted to get home early today so I could get out for a quick rip but forgot we were having guests for dinner. I had to contain my enthusiasm when I arrived home :o ....tomorrow for sure!

bruce

Is it a plastic ski? If it is....................check it!

yaa that becomes a problem :lol: you need to introduce your friends to the sport

Better to get them to go sledding with you... A friend of ours got us hooked a number of years ago... he asked if I wanted to go for a ride while our wives shared a bottle of wine. I thought he was talking about 1/2 hour or so. We ended up being out for 7 hours. Two weeks later I had a 2 up sled. 1 1/2 years later had to buy my wife her own sled...

Drunk women or a sled ride????????...............................not sure I would have left for 7 hours! ;)

Drunk women or a sled ride????????...............................not sure I would have left for 7 hours! ;)

6 hrs 45 minutes ?

They weren't drunk when we left... one good side of it was after 7 hours of sharing the wine when I came back and told her I was buying a sled she had enough wine in her not to whine.

Two women sharing a bottle of wine. Spending 7 hours with a Guy.

hmmmmm....

thinking. thinking.........

:P

Two women sharing a bottle of wine. Spending 7 hours with a Guy.

hmmmmm....

thinking. thinking.........

:P

The wife is at home with me all the time... you only get a chance at your very first sled ride once in a while. You must be single or a newly wed. Definitely not a long term married person.

Archived