Stolen Trail Permits Update

Bark Biter

It was on the radio that police have grabbed 800 of the stolen permits in Stroud and charges have been laid. :woot::woot:

Good to hear. I wonder how close they're to finding the remaining permits?

That is great news!!!

Good News. Hope it gets well publicized!

Occurrence Type: Break and Enter/ TheftOccurrence #: BA09-052156Date: 10Dec09Details:On the 4th of November 2009, a break and enter occurred at the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs office in Barrie.During the entry 2000 Seasonal Snowmobile Trail Passes were Stolen,each of these passes are valued at $250.00.Members of the Barrie Police Service Criminal Investigations Division commenced an investigation into the matter.Two warrants were executed with the assistance of Street Crime and Drug Squad officers on the 8th of December 2009, a quantity of the stolen passes were recovered. Late in the evening of the 8th of December 2009 uniform officers located and arrested a 26 year old male in connection with this matter.On the 10th of December 2009, a search warrant was executed at a banking institution in Stroud, ON. A further substantial quantity of the passes were seized.At present there have been in excess of 800 trail passes seized with a retail value of $203,000.00.The accused male is in custody facing the following charges:1/ Break, enter and Theft2/ Possession Under $5,000.003/ Possession Over $5,000.004/ Possession Under $5,000.005/ Possession Over $5,000.00At present over 1000 of these passes have not been recovered and the investigation is continuing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Barrie Police Service Criminal Investigations Division or Crime Stoppers.If you are in possession of a trail permit that you suspect is stolen, please contact your local police detachment immediately. Permit Numbers. 2010 Full Season Snowmobile Trail Permits with the numbers between: X117951 - X118950 and X125201 - X126200

I liked High Mileage’s idea on another forum, make tha bastard to community work with his local OFSC club and work off the value of Permit Dollars stolen in workable hours...

Fantastic Idea

I liked High Mileage’s idea on another forum, make tha bastard to community work with his local OFSC club and work off the value of Permit Dollars stolen in workable hours...

Fantastic Idea

Too bad we don't elect our judges like they do in the U.S. I vote Viper for judge. They'll likely get a slap on the wrist. This is Canada after all eh! :banghead:

Fantastic Idea

Too bad we don't elect our judges like they do in the U.S. I vote Viper for judge. They'll likely get a slap on the wrist. This is Canada after all eh! :banghead:

Thanks for the vote of confidence but it was NOT my idea, this one belongs to High Mileage, a fellow Bramptonian...

Take that Monkey, Mouse & Wabbit not all of us Bramptonians are non english speaking, taxi driving welfare collecting pull starts :poke: :rotflmao:

each of these passes are valued at $250.00.

Wait, were they not stolen before Dec 1st? :wtf:;)

pot.gif

pot.gif

Defence Lawyer in Training. :roll::roll:

:coffeespit:

Um if purchased

Yeppers, Stoud is just around the corner from Barrie.

It was on the 6:00 pm news tonight as well, I believe they said the one charged is 19.

Still looking for the remainer 1200.

Having the twit do community service work for the clubs is an awesome idea, either that or tie him to a tree somewhere on the trails for those who like to kick up snow.

Um if purchased

No early buy incentive when stollen !

Too bad they don't allow putting people in stocks in the town square where the citizens can throw rotten vegetables at you any more.

I saw somewhere recently where part of the sentence for a man caught shoplifting was to stand in front of the WalMart he was caught in while wearing a sandwich board that stated he got caught stealing from the WalMart. Boy would that work well, particularly in a smaller town where everybody knows everybody.

I saw somewhere recently where part of the sentence for a man caught shoplifting was to stand in front of the WalMart he was caught in while wearing a sandwich board that stated he got caught stealing from the WalMart. Boy would that work well, particularly in a smaller town where everybody knows everybody.

Sound like something Sherriff Arapaio (sp?) in Arizona would do.

Sound like something Sherriff Arapaio (sp?) in Arizona would do.

We need someone like him here.... he just took over management of the local animal shelter putting the prisoners to work there since the municipal budget was short of funding for it.

Archived