District 12 has 2 maps

revrnd

Just a note to people looking for a Dist' 12 map this season. There are 2 for some reason. The more informative map w/ advertising & detailed town maps is smaller & has a blue outline.

There is also a longer map that has no ads or town "blow ups" on it. It has a brown outline.

That is interesting. I was only able to get the one that is folded 'wierd' at the show. It is folded narrower and longer than all the other district maps. Haven't checked the colour yet but I suspect it is the brown one?

That is interesting. I was only able to get the one that is folded 'wierd' at the show. It is folded narrower and longer than all the other district maps. Haven't checked the colour yet but I suspect it is the brown one?

That would be it. Blank as a the pink bunny's mind on the back.?

Ok, so where / how do we get the other one?

Ok, so where / how do we get the other one?

It was at the show....

The two guides are different one is the STP guide, and the one with no ads is the district 12 guide it includes the Rainbow trails as well.

I was pleased to find a new map for the Rainbow Trails as my NEM map is a little out dated.

my NEM map is a little out dated.

It's a collector's item now.

• 2 weeks later...

District 12 only has one guide. As someone eluded to it is brown and longer and has no advertising on this year. The good thing is fold it in half and it fits nicely in your coat pocket. This is a first print (another collectors item) and something the district is trying to promote as it includes the entire District including all of the STP and RCSA. The other guide is a STP guide of the Sudbury trail plan trials only. The main reason for the new guide is that as you went west you came to the end of the guide and were still a long way from district 13's guide so you took your chances and maybe got lost in the abyss. Also as someone pointed out the old NEM guide was outdated and the Come Play in the Snow guide was so outdayed and wrong it is terrible (this is not a club or association or district guide but a private entreprenaur). A couple of people have worked hard on this first issue and we know it will need some tweeking but I believe a great first effort and already is gaining support from all fronts.

The new version has all the trails the STP guide has on it PLUS the RCSA trails.

Where can you get the guides - both are available at the STP (693-7669) in Garson and from the RCSA office (# ????). Quantites of the new one are limited this year. Next year may see only one again - the new version with advertising etc on it.

Get the Sudbury Trail Plan Map, its normal size with the sponsor ads.

Get the Sudbury Trail Plan Map, its normal size with the sponsor ads.

Get them both!

Archived