Concrete floor & carbides

b-bry

Royal catalogue page 320 also has something that might be interesting. Trailer Mats -

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

I believe these are the same mats that they just cut down. I seen a sample in Guelph and it was the same.

Would they do the trick ?

Yes, they would. That's what I'm using now.

Good news, Maple. Did you need to use a plywood backing or do they stay positioned on the garage floor ok ?

They don't move at all ... no plywood backing required. We moved the sled in and out of the garage with no problem.

What Domino means is that if you buy it from Royal, they cut to the specifications advertised. If you buy the mat from TSC and cut it yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

For someone in the "communications business" he really never cut it as a "communicator" did he ? :P :P :P :lol:

(especially after a bottle of 'crown' - wow, then they went back to wunfer's, shined up an owner's manual, and vacuumed the driveway)

Who the hell speaks Monkey anyways :wtf::crazy:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Royal catalogue page 320 also has something that might be interesting. Trailer Mats -

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

I believe these are the same mats that they just cut down. I seen a sample in Guelph and it was the same.

Would they do the trick ?

Yes, they would. That's what I'm using now.

Good news, Maple. Did you need to use a plywood backing or do they stay positioned on the garage floor ok ?

They don't move at all ... no plywood backing required. We moved the sled in and out of the garage with no problem.

What Domino means is that if you buy it from Royal, they cut to the specifications advertised. If you buy the mat from TSC and cut it yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

For someone in the "communications business" he really never cut it as a "communicator" did he ? :P :P :P :lol:

(especially after a bottle of 'crown' - wow, then they went back to wunfer's, shined up an owner's manual, and vacuumed the driveway)

Who the hell speaks Monkey anyways :wtf::crazy:

ME!

This is what i have seen and works very well 3 24"x30" and a piece of a box liner

U lag the flaps to the floor where u would run track,box liner for the ski's lag it also,nothing moves and u can remove when season is done.as for $$$ the flaps are $5-6 each,box liner's are usually seating around most are free,lag screw's see the monkey for deal,u may have 20-25$ when done.

I put down plywood on my garage floor for a couple of things. Our sleds and our snow blower (wanted to avoid rust stains from the scraper on the blower) - when I pulled them up in the spring the concrete had become pitted from the moisture trapperd under the plywood. I would suggest using the dolly wheels. It only takes a minute or two to put them under the sled and then it can be wheeled / turned / moved aywhere almost effortlessly.

I put down plywood on my garage floor for a couple of things. Our sleds and our snow blower (wanted to avoid rust stains from the scraper on the blower) - when I pulled them up in the spring the concrete had become pitted from the moisture trapperd under the plywood. I would suggest using the dolly wheels. It only takes a minute or two to put them under the sled and then it can be wheeled / turned / moved aywhere almost effortlessly.

Except I'd have to drive it in the garage to put on the dolly wheels; so, still need something on the floor.

I was just going through the new Royal Distributing catalogue and noticed that they have slide on covers for your skis expressly for the purpose you need. They are to protect the concrete in the garage or the floor of the trailer from the carbides. If I recall they are about $75.00 a pair. Sounds like a great idea.

Archived