Concrete floor & carbides

b-bry

Check this out

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good looking product but I wonder how the price will be accepted .

$99 USD MSRP, That's $109 Canadian. So if I could get a set for under $100 cdn, I'm in ;)

Royal catalogue page 320 also has something that might be interesting. Trailer Mats -

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

I believe these are the same mats that they just cut down. I seen a sample in Guelph and it was the same.

great product

Looks good, for working around the garage, storage, etc. but still doesn't answer the question here for those of us non-trailering types who just want to ride in and out of the garage from snow. I've got a shop dolly and a sled lift for the usual garage stuff. Would rather not be stopping to put wheels on or take wheels off to go in and out.

So far, truck liners or stall mats or trailer mats might be the answer.

Royal catalogue page 320 also has something that might be interesting. Trailer Mats -

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

I believe these are the same mats that they just cut down. I seen a sample in Guelph and it was the same.

Would they do the trick ?

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

Yes, they would. That's what I'm using now.

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

Good news, Maple. Did you need to use a plywood backing or do they stay positioned on the garage floor ok ?

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

Yes, but you are just paying for RD to cut them. Depends on how much mat you need.

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

Yes, but you are just paying for RD to cut them. Depends on how much mat you need.

?? :confused: paying for RD to cut what? Ok, maybe I lost you a couple of posts back. What did you mean by "I believe these are the same mats that they just cut down". I took that to mean, all four are the same, just different sizes. (?)

Meh, in my experience, the carbides will only bite into the concrete when they are brand spanking new. A ride or two later and they won't do anything to the floor. And any marks they do make just seem to scratch the surface and disappear a short time later.

Meh, in my experience, the carbides will only bite into the concrete when they are brand spanking new. A ride or two later and they won't do anything to the floor. And any marks they do make just seem to scratch the surface and disappear a short time later.

This sounds even better. :D

Its not the carbides that doo the damage, its the studs!! If you spin the track because the carbides grip, or you're a piston head and give it too much throttle, you will leave grooves in concrete that look like something out of the alien or predator movies.

The mat is available from TSC 4' wide, by 5'?

RD sells the same mat material in sizes that divide the same sized mat.

The carbides may not do much damage but they do make it harder for the sled to move. As a result, a studded track will spin, and boy can the studs ever rip up a concrete surface in a hurry. Grooves about 3/8 inch deep!!!

Its not the carbides that doo the damage, its the studs!! If you spin the track because the carbides grip, or you're a piston head and give it too much throttle, you will leave grooves in concrete that look like something out of the alien or predator movies.

The mat is available from TSC 4' wide, by 5'?

RD sells the same mat material in sizes that divide the same sized mat.

Ah ! The same as the cow mat :idea::roll:

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

Good news, Maple. Did you need to use a plywood backing or do they stay positioned on the garage floor ok ?

They don't move at all ... no plywood backing required. We moved the sled in and out of the garage with no problem.

What Domino means is that if you buy it from Royal, they cut to the specifications advertised. If you buy the mat from TSC and cut it yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

They don't move at all ... no plywood backing required. We moved the sled in and out of the garage with no problem.

What Domino means is that if you buy it from Royal, they cut to the specifications advertised. If you buy the mat from TSC and cut it yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

For someone in the "communications business" he really never cut it as a "communicator" did he ? :P :P :P :lol:

(especially after a bottle of 'crown' - wow, then they went back to wunfer's, shined up an owner's manual, and vacuumed the driveway)

30" x 30" at $15.95

30" x 15" at $9.95

48" x 72" at $74.95

16" x 72" at $39.95

AND, thanks for the clarity ! :wavey:

Archived