Submit Your Nominations - OC.com Man of the Year

slomo

And one must not forget the person who got it all started in the first place...the former LMV....it was my personal priviledge to honour the man by sticking an OC.com sticker in the Sign Post Village, Watson Lake, YT this summer. This is, I believe the most northerly posting of an OC.com sticker.

All very good people for" Man of the Year" but I would at this time nominate the guy who I think lives on this forum and I think has hands down the most posts of all members past and present........that being our friend Mr. STG........This man has my vote!!! :D

Domino has done alot more work keeping the forum going than it took to get it back going.. We had 2 choices and we decided to start from scratch and lost all the postings and member profiles......

I like the new PhpBB3 alot better...

And Maple... Nominating a guy that took your sled without asking and blew the motor.. hmmm.. You are an angel!!!

I am not worried about pissing you off anymore... :woot::woot::woot:

The monkey man has my vote . I was in OC withdrawel last year thanks Dom.

As much as I firmly believe that there are many worthy candidates for this award, and I wholely support all of the previous nominations, and with the utmost of respect to those nominated and to those who took the time and effort to make these wise choices ... I would like to offer three hard working , true blue, loyal,dedicated, honest and just all around symbols of what sledding is all about as candidates.The first two I have never met.

From the north country I would nominate GG and Big Reg. :woot::woot: The country that they patrol is no mans land and the job they do is second to none

From the south country I would like to nominate Mr Giddy Up...(figure this one out on your own) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: .

From the south country I would like to nominate Mr Giddy Up...(figure this one out on your own) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: .

Hear, hear...good choice, Faceman! I know exactly what you mean...he's a true saint! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sorry, Giddy...couldn't resist :poke: :poke:

I agree with Mr. Giddy's nomination as well....I've heard that Giddy Up gets him into alot of trouble...and the poor guy has to remove his snow clothing regularly to protect Giddy Up's honour....

("Off come the gloves, then the coat, then the helmet.....") :rotflmao:

Hear, hear...good choice, Faceman! I know exactly what you mean...he's a true saint! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:rotflmao: Mr. Giddy says "I am honoured....and humbled by your nomination" :oops:

However..........THANK YOU for your understanding....and as Mrs. Mossy has pointed out......it is sometimes very difficult to be MR Giddy" :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: Mr. Giddy says "I am honoured....and humbled by your nomination" :oops:

However..........THANK YOU for your understanding....and as Mrs. Mossy has pointed out......it is sometimes very difficult to be MR Giddy" :rotflmao:

Would you let him speak for himself?! GEEEZZZZZ! :rotflmao:

I second the nomination of STG....although I wish he'd get back to posting EA stories again :D ....the nominations of Big Reg and GG reminds us of the contributions of forum members that by their locale represent the 'roots' of Canadian sledding...

and surely anyone who goes to this creative effort to enlighten, entertain and educate forum readers deserves a nomination:

We fill them with concrete.

Um.... Are you in the Witness Protection Program up there in Old East New Westminster ? :shock:

-Fill them with concrete to make engraving easier.

-Can't talk too much about that, but if you're coming to visit, you can find me here: N45*37.892 W079*37.747

I second the nomination of STG....although I wish he'd get back to posting EA stories again :D ....the nominations of Big Reg and GG reminds us of the contributions of forum members that by their locale represent the 'roots' of Canadian sledding...

and surely anyone who goes to this creative effort to enlighten, entertain and educate forum readers deserves a nomination:

[attachment=0]gorilla.JPG[/attachment]

Yes......I remember that one! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Never a dull moment on our SledHead trips :rotflmao::rotflmao:

And one must not forget the person who got it all started in the first place...the former LMV....it was my personal priviledge to honour the man by sticking an OC.com sticker in the Sign Post Village, Watson Lake, YT this summer. This is, I believe the most northerly posting of an OC.com sticker.

[attachment=0]oc watson lake YT.jpg[/attachment]

I'm sure he's done something for us this year ???

I second the nomination of Natural Born Sledder

How about NiBS ex wife for OC man of the year ? After all he does "freakin love being divorced"  :poke: Actually I see about 1233 OC persons of the year as of this posting. The board is a lot of fun and a wealth of information . Thanks to NiBS , Dom ,Reved and of course all the immoderate moderators .

That looks like the same gorilla that had the 2 OPP in a headlock at the Moonbeam clubhouse last year and was later spotted in the hottub here either later that day or later in the week

The one and only Rod! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Um.... Are you in the Witness Protection Program up there in Old East New Westminster ? :shock:

-Can't talk too much about that, but if you're coming to visit, you can find me here: N45*37.892 W079*37.747

For us paper people - is that anywhere near C and C105D ? If so, does that mean we can stay at your place ? :P

For us paper people - is that anywhere near C and C105D ? If so, does that mean we can stay at your place ? :P

Im thinking thats PilthyPhils coordinates

Geez....you know...you hear about this kind of thing happening and you think ...wow...it's pretty bad for the people affected...but... until you're the actual victim of Internet Identity Theft....

Geez....you know...you hear about this kind of thing happening and you think ...wow...it's pretty bad for the people affected...but... until you're the actual victim of Internet Identity Theft....

Unbelievable isn't it?

Unbelievable isn't it?

:o Bad Slomo !!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

FOR THOSE THAT NEED CLOSURE...or half wondered how this thread would end. In the words of Wild Bill...

Actually I see about 1233 OC persons of the year as of this posting. The board is a lot of fun and a wealth of information .

So I think the general feeling is that the honour of a nomination for OC.com Man of the Year is probably good enough. There have been many notable candidates.

Just to make note of a few unsung heroes from my point of view...look forward to Canuck and Sledjunk postings as 76% of the time they are pretty intellectually stimulating...Lep and Bryan XC700 contribute notably to great stories....Mrs. Mossy always impresses me with the balanced efficiency of her prose...Evil pops in words that although are common in vocabulary rarely get used...and generally the Northern section of the forum is my favourite ....particularly the verbal stylings of Ox and the rest of the gang up there that ride the wild country. Maple, the queen of the smilies and Giddy Up of course both hard workers for the OC.com ride for Kelly...among many others.

This is a good forum. I like it.

Side note to STG....inadvertantly sending you over to PhilthyPhil's place would be a lot more entertaining than staying chez slomo....Phil has a wide variety of interests....is almost 'courtly' in the manner to which he refers to 'his lady' and the clincher is that I gave up on hangovers a few years ago, so there is no liquor at my place. (unless Ms. Slomo, comme d'habitude, brings her Bailey's or her beers of the world)

And lastly, my aplogies for not being more 'inclusive'...Person of the Year would have been better, but having already posted Man of the Year, to make the change would have meant the reversal of a Custer decision....trails are open.... :D

Archived